The Body Shop Body Butters

See the Best Moisturisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Harmful ingredients

While the smell, texture and some ingredients are lovely, I am shocked that the body shop uses parabens (known hormonal disrupters) in their body butters (and other products). Also contains other nasties. Be careful if using on kids do your research. I'm staying away from the body shop who has this natural image but uses harmful crappy ingredients alongside nice ones like
Shea butter. What a shame!

Good moisturizing but can be hard to take out of the jar

Moisturizing: perfect
Packaging: Durable jars
Smell: Mostly nice (I personally don't like Cocoa too much)
Only problem: Hard to take out from the jar. Gets stuck in the nails :(

Heavy duty moisturization.

I love The Body Shop's body butters especially in winters. I have very dry skin and normal moisturizers don't fare well on my skin as I need to reapply frequently. These body butters are a blessing in disguise. They do take some time and effort to soak into the skin (but hey so does sorbolene lotion so that's not a con for me) but the end result is no dryness throughout the day. And I love the fact that the fragrances are long lasting.

It's okay

I've bought and used several body butter from the body shop. The smell is good (honeycomb, berries) but it was not as moisturising as it claims. I have sensitive and dry skin and maybe this product is not suitable for my skin.

Average

I do love the scents of The Body Shop body butters. However I find them to be very heavy and greasy. They are moisturzing, but the price tag isn't worth it.

Addictive!

The Body Shop body butters are soooo good! I have gotten into the habit of putting it on my skin every day, and it just feels like a beautiful, luxurious way to start the day. They are a little expensive, but a nice treat for yourself or a great present.

I love the pink grapefruit, and my daughter loves the mango. If you don't have a Body Shop in your area (like me), there are representatives you can buy from, or have a Body Shop party.

Fantastic moisturiser

Was given the Buriti Baby as a gift. It's the best all over body moisturiser I have used. Rich, creamy & smells great without being oily or greasy. After a shower, I will dry myself and apply all over including my feet, it gives me soft, supple skin all day. Great product!
Leaves skin soft and feeling great

Lovely indulgence

Lovely products that give my skin the nurturing they deserve and crave, it leaves my skin feeling and looking great. The variety of scents gives you a great selection to choose from and they smell fabulous. I especially love the Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter which is simply divine, almost good enough to eat.
Lovely skin with beautiful smell

Great moisturizer and leaves the smell lasting. Bravo!

Gorgeous Scents

I was given the Body Butters as a gift. What a great present! The scents are lovely and the butter leaves my skin feeling soft.
Scent, 3 choices of scent
Consistency is somewhat thick and requires a little effor to rub in

Great moisturiser for dry skin.

This is one of the best body moisturisers I've ever used. It has a rich, creamy consistency, smells like vanilla and leaves dry spots feeling soft. Excellent on the backs of heels and elbows too. Maybe a bit too oily in summer, but otherwise an absolute winner.
Smells great, leaves skin silky soft.
A bit expensive compared to Body Shops overseas.

perfect fragrance

i just love this product and the fact that it hasnt been tested on animals. comes in a variety of fragraces that match other body shop products. isnt oily to apply and you only require a small amount to get the moisturising effects and benifits. i work in health care and frequently am washing my hands and foind by using this product following washing my hands remain soft without dryness or cracks noted. comes in 2 different sizes, i find the smaller tub great for including in gift baskets. easy to open container that once opened ensures the product doesnt dry out or change in quality
relaible, animal friendly, afordabale and a small amount goes a long way
there arent many local shops and often only in larger shopping centres.

Moisturises well

Excellent moisturiser with a non-greasy finish. I've used all of the Body Butter range and I like them all, my favourites are Cocoa and Mango Body Butters. They leave my skin feeling soft and the smell is subtle but pleasant. Hemp is especially good if your skin is extra dry!
Nice Frangrances, effective moisturisers.

Good

I love the body shop body butter range, i have tried most. As for flavours/scents it would be upto personal prefence. I like the Coconut, Shae and Strawberry body butters the most but am not keen on the Sweet Lemon or Cranberry options . They are a little expensive but a little goes a long way and they do last for ages. They are also available in 2 sizes or if you want a good range of scents try a mini trio pack.
Great product. No sticky or oily. Smell is not over powering.
If you don't live near store you have to order online and need to spend $150 before you get free postage.

The smell of these boudy butters are all so well balanced, and not sickly sweet like some other products on the market. The scents transport you somewhere else. The qualities of the body butters are great too, and work extremely well at conditioning your skin. I find that you can still smell the body butter on your skin for a few hours after applying.
The Body Shop body butter range is just divine. The different fruit scents that the product comes in are all brilliant and leave your skin feeling nice and soft.
There is nothing that I do not like about this product. I wish I could buy them all!

Overall, I love my strawberry body butter, Everybody comments on how nice I smell. When I use it, I don't need much to go over my body making it last longer than some other body butters. It smells so yummy that it makes me want to eat it. I have used the other fragrances and all are great at keeping your skin feeling moisturized and soft. Even with sensitive skin I have not had any issues with The Body Shop Body Butter, Compared to other brands (and cheaper one) This one does not smell like a cheap, artificial fragrance but of fruit. Would not chose another body butter and it is well worth paying the extra.
The smell is divine and it leaves your skin feeling wonderful and moisturised.

An excellent moisteriser esepcially for dry to very dry skin. Good all over the body, hands and feet included but might be a bit thick for the face.
The Hemp body butter is a lovely thick moisterising product. I like the texture which I found very smooth. I think it is good value for money as being thick a little goes a long way. Excellent for dry to very dry skin. a pleasant understated scent too so it doesn't conflict with perfume you might wear. I found it useful as a foot rub cream as well.
Containers are either large or small. I think a medium would be a good option. If you buy a large container there is a riosk of it going off before you have finished using it.

I was given this product as a gift with other body shop products. The first thing i noticed was the amazing smell. I just wanted to eat it... Not only that it does nourish the skin when its dry. Its a reasonable price and a great gift idea.
Smells amazing, makes skin feel soft and silky.
The body shop is not at all shopping centres.

overall i love these but they are expensive however a little does go a long way so worth it once in a while but too expensive to use daily in my opinion. i love the variety, the coconut one is my favourite and reminds me of summer and holidays. i also think they are the perfect gift for someone
i love the body shop body butters they are devine, the packaging is great, looks nice, smells so amazing, leaves skin feeling so soft and silky and very hydrated, perfect as a gift for someone, great for both men and women
they can be quite expensive

You really have to try the Body Butters to se what value you are getting for your money. I buy the coconut one and the smell is so good, you rub a small amount on andthe smell lingers on for hours and hours. They have a good variety but I always seem to go for the coconut, you can match it up also with some oil and Body butter Exfoliant. It is a little more in price but well worth it, I havebeen using it for a couple of years now and i hope they donttake this of there list for sale. Your hands will love it also, it doesnt leave them feeling greasy either. Unbeatable all the way.
You cant go past the Body Butters they are fabulous and the coconut one smells so nice and the smell lingers for hours afteryou have rubbed it on.

Good

I buy these to support my friends in the body shop at home parties, they also make great gifts. would I use it every day as my main moisturiser ? nope!! but as a treat or as a gift, for sure!!!
The scents!! There are so many different ones that there is bound to be something for everyone!! So far i have tried Coconut (my fav, tho strong) Shea (good everyday one) and Japanese cherry blosson (bit blah for my liking)the texture is awesome.
The price... there are others out there that do a better job in moisturising and these can stay oily on your skin for a little while.