3.9

• Sensitive Skin
Causes Irritation Yes · No
3.2
3.3
Smell
3.8

JohnBe
JohnBeQueensland16 posts

Change to vegan has made this a must NOT buy

The various body butters were brilliant; I've been buying these for years. Changes to the vegan version is like rubbing engine oil on your body. What tragedy a great product is now useless. Show details
Emi
EmiSydney, NSW2 posts

Nasty on the skin!

After trying multiple of these body butters (strawberry, peach, mango) I unfortunately found ALL of them burn my skin and leave an itchy and ugly rash! Although they have a great smell and are good value for money I couldn’t recommend them even if you don’t have sensitive skin (I have mild sensitivities but a reaction like these gave me is very rare). Disappointed ☹️ Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Lin1953
Lin1953Great Southern, WA

Why has it changed

Alway purchased the Coconut body butter, loved it and people always commented on the smell even after a day at work. What’s happened the smell is like fat that’s gone off and the consistency drags my skin as I’m trying to rub it in, consequently it doesn’t soak into the skin but sits on top and I’m using far more because of this - won’t be buying anymore Show details
graceG
graceGSydney, NSW61 posts

Great moisturizer

Shea Butter is the best moisturizer for your skin. I have read so many reviews on all sites and watched videos. You do NOT slather it on your face! You only need a very tiny amount for your whole face, just so as it moisturizes and gives you a slight glow. You are not supposed to look greasy. The very small amount that I put on my face gives me a lovely fresh appearance without using make up. The container will last you for ages! I am also rubbing it into my recent corotid artery scar, down the side of my neck. I hope it helps!!! Show details
Ease of Application
Smell
Bernadette
Bernadette Gippsland, VIC4 posts

British Rose Body Butter

Does not moisturise. Clumpy. >20 years I, looking for a new product. Skin is still dry after use. Product sits on top of the skin and feels sticky to touch. Show details
The Body Shop   DM

Hi Bernadette, Sorry to hear about your negative experience with The British Rose Body Butter. If you are not satisfied with a product, feel free to pop back in store with your receipt for an exchange or refund.

Udari
UdariGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Love the cream British rose

I love this product and I have been using it for 3 years now. Good smell, texture, and easy to apply. Natural and it helps to keep the skin moisture for a long period of time. Show details ·  1
Ease of Application
Smell
Ysabella Howard
Ysabella HowardSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

body butters are a must-have

I love these products, it makes me feel more confident and helps me in battling with skin issues such as skin asthma (surprisingly) and eczema. They smell fantastic and they are natural I believe. Show details ·  1
Kritika I.
Kritika I.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Our skin loves this!!

My daughter and myself have sensitive skin & eczema and we have tried everything. After we switched to Body Shop body butter, our skin has never felt better. Mango is my personal favourite. It makes our skin feel so naturally smooth, shiny, even and in a healthy condition. My daughter's eczema flare-ups have reduced dramatically. Thank Body Shop. Show details ·  1
melaniebugshall
melaniebugshallCanberra Central 2601, ACT11 posts

Strawberry variant is my personal favorite

this body butter helps me with the rough edges on my elbows, thighs and wrists. It smells heavenly and it gives me a boost of confidence. A very little amount goes a long way, it stays for about 6-7 hours I guess. Show details ·  1
Ease of Application
Smell
Michael
MichaelBraddon 2612, ACT15 posts
  Fair Incentive

Great product

The product kept my skin very moist. Less wrinkles. You only need to apply a very little amount. Nice smell. I have psoriasis and noticed less skin flaking after use Show details ·  1
theonlyone
theonlyonePerth, WA49 posts

Harmful ingredients

While the smell, texture and some ingredients are lovely, I am shocked that the body shop uses parabens (known hormonal disrupters) in their body butters (and other products). Also contains other nasties. Be careful if using on kids do your research. I'm staying away from the body shop who has this natural image but uses harmful crappy ingredients alongside nice ones like

Shea butter. What a shame!

Batra
BatraPerth, WA16 posts

Good moisturizing but can be hard to take out of the jar

Moisturizing: perfect

Packaging: Durable jars

Smell: Mostly nice (I personally don't like Cocoa too much)

Only problem: Hard to take out from the jar. Gets stuck in the nails :(

Show reply

NG84
NG8414 posts

Heavy duty moisturization

I love The Body Shop's body butters especially in winters. I have very dry skin and normal moisturizers don't fare well on my skin as I need to reapply frequently. These body butters are a blessing in disguise. They do take some time and effort to soak into the skin (but hey so does sorbolene lotion so that's not a con for me) but the end result is no dryness throughout the day. And I love the fact that the fragrances are long lasting.

Show reply

Emily
EmilyMelbourne6 posts

It's okay

I've bought and used several body butter from the body shop. The smell is good (honeycomb, berries) but it was not as moisturising as it claims. I have sensitive and dry skin and maybe this product is not suitable for my skin.

Sam
SamBrisbane9 posts

Average

I do love the scents of The Body Shop body butters. However I find them to be very heavy and greasy. They are moisturzing, but the price tag isn't worth it.

The Body Shop   DM

Hi Sam, Sorry we missed your review at the time. We are now actively responding to the reviews placed on ProductReview.com.au. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to assist with this issue.

SJ K.
SJ K.

Hi, have been using HEMP heavy duty body butters for so many years after I was diagnosed with horrible awful eczema. None of the dermatologist prescribed meds cured the awful itchiness for a year. That’s when my daughter recommended me to try Hemp. A week later, felt so comforting and all the awful scars & wounds from scratches disappeared ! Felt so normal and comforting. But why is it not available in stores now? Very disappointing , please help us

DONTEATBODYBUTTER
DONTEATBODYBUTTER

will you die if you eat it? cause i ate some and first my mouth hurt then went numb, but then it tasted really good, but i had a little too much and now i feel sick, im literally not joking though, like this isnt an internet haha, i genuinely might throw up and i had to have my friend take it from me to stop myself, HELP.

Zoe N.
Zoe N.

What Body Shop are and aren't eczema safe?

CategoryMoisturisers