The Body Shop Body Butters

The Body Shop Body Butters

4.1

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (4)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
  • Skin Type
Ysabella Howard

Ysabella HowardSouth East Queensland, QLD

body butters are a must-have

I love these products, it makes me feel more confident and helps me in battling with skin issues such as skin asthma (surprisingly) and eczema. They smell fantastic and they are natural I believe.

Kritika I.

Kritika I.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Our skin loves this!!

My daughter and myself have sensitive skin & eczema and we have tried everything. After we switched to Body Shop body butter, our skin has never felt better. Mango is my personal favourite. It makes our skin feel so naturally smooth, shiny, even and in a healthy condition. My daughter's eczema flare-ups have reduced dramatically. Thank Body Shop.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Body Shop Online store for A$210.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
melaniebugshall

melaniebugshallCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Strawberry variant is my personal favorite

this body butter helps me with the rough edges on my elbows, thighs and wrists. It smells heavenly and it gives me a boost of confidence. A very little amount goes a long way, it stays for about 6-7 hours I guess.

Purchased in January 2020.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

Michael

MichaelBraddon 2612, ACT

Great product

The product kept my skin very moist. Less wrinkles. You only need to apply a very little amount. Nice smell. I have psoriasis and noticed less skin flaking after use

Purchased in September 2019 at Oz Plaza for A$12.95.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

theonlyone

theonlyonePerth, WA

Harmful ingredients

While the smell, texture and some ingredients are lovely, I am shocked that the body shop uses parabens (known hormonal disrupters) in their body butters (and other products). Also contains other nasties. Be careful if using on kids do your research. I'm staying away from the body shop who has this natural image but uses harmful crappy ingredients alongside nice ones like
Shea butter. What a shame!

Batra

BatraPerth, WA

Good moisturizing but can be hard to take out of the jar

Moisturizing: perfect
Packaging: Durable jars
Smell: Mostly nice (I personally don't like Cocoa too much)
Only problem: Hard to take out from the jar. Gets stuck in the nails :(

NG84

NG84

Heavy duty moisturization.

I love The Body Shop's body butters especially in winters. I have very dry skin and normal moisturizers don't fare well on my skin as I need to reapply frequently. These body butters are a blessing in disguise. They do take some time and effort to soak into the skin (but hey so does sorbolene lotion so that's not a con for me) but the end result is no dryness throughout the day. And I love the fact that the fragrances are long lasting.

Emily

EmilyMelbourne

It's okay

I've bought and used several body butter from the body shop. The smell is good (honeycomb, berries) but it was not as moisturising as it claims. I have sensitive and dry skin and maybe this product is not suitable for my skin.

Sam

SamBrisbane

Average

I do love the scents of The Body Shop body butters. However I find them to be very heavy and greasy. They are moisturzing, but the price tag isn't worth it.

Judy

JudyBrisbane

Addictive!

The Body Shop body butters are soooo good! I have gotten into the habit of putting it on my skin every day, and it just feels like a beautiful, luxurious way to start the day. They are a little expensive, but a nice treat for yourself or a great present.

I love the pink grapefruit, and my daughter loves the mango. If you don't have a Body Shop in your area (like me), there are representatives you can buy from, or have a Body Shop party.

Lynda

LyndaCanberra

Fantastic moisturiser

Was given the Buriti Baby as a gift. It's the best all over body moisturiser I have used. Rich, creamy & smells great without being oily or greasy. After a shower, I will dry myself and apply all over including my feet, it gives me soft, supple skin all day. Great product!
Leaves skin soft and feeling great

jay2abbey

jay2abbeyWA, 6230

Lovely indulgence

Lovely products that give my skin the nurturing they deserve and crave, it leaves my skin feeling and looking great. The variety of scents gives you a great selection to choose from and they smell fabulous. I especially love the Japanese Cherry Blossom Body Butter which is simply divine, almost good enough to eat.
Lovely skin with beautiful smell

Bailey Massina
Bailey Massina

Great moisturizer and leaves the smell lasting. Bravo!

will21

will21AU

Gorgeous Scents

I was given the Body Butters as a gift. What a great present! The scents are lovely and the butter leaves my skin feeling soft.
Scent, 3 choices of scent
Consistency is somewhat thick and requires a little effor to rub in

cherryripe55

cherryripe55AU

Great moisturiser for dry skin.

This is one of the best body moisturisers I've ever used. It has a rich, creamy consistency, smells like vanilla and leaves dry spots feeling soft. Excellent on the backs of heels and elbows too. Maybe a bit too oily in summer, but otherwise an absolute winner.
Smells great, leaves skin silky soft.
A bit expensive compared to Body Shops overseas.

simm_mee

simm_meevic, 3020

perfect fragrance

i just love this product and the fact that it hasnt been tested on animals. comes in a variety of fragraces that match other body shop products. isnt oily to apply and you only require a small amount to get the moisturising effects and benifits. i work in health care and frequently am washing my hands and foind by using this product following washing my hands remain soft without dryness or cracks noted. comes in 2 different sizes, i find the smaller tub great for including in gift baskets. easy to open container that once opened ensures the product doesnt dry out or change in quality
relaible, animal friendly, afordabale and a small amount goes a long way
there arent many local shops and often only in larger shopping centres.

Oracle23

Oracle23AU

Moisturises well

Excellent moisturiser with a non-greasy finish. I've used all of the Body Butter range and I like them all, my favourites are Cocoa and Mango Body Butters. They leave my skin feeling soft and the smell is subtle but pleasant. Hemp is especially good if your skin is extra dry!
Nice Frangrances, effective moisturisers.

hauntedrabbit

hauntedrabbitVIC, 3350

Good

I love the body shop body butter range, i have tried most. As for flavours/scents it would be upto personal prefence. I like the Coconut, Shae and Strawberry body butters the most but am not keen on the Sweet Lemon or Cranberry options . They are a little expensive but a little goes a long way and they do last for ages. They are also available in 2 sizes or if you want a good range of scents try a mini trio pack.
Great product. No sticky or oily. Smell is not over powering.
If you don't live near store you have to order online and need to spend $150 before you get free postage.

grrrrlll

grrrrlll

The smell of these boudy butters are all so well balanced, and not sickly sweet like some other products on the market. The scents transport you somewhere else. The qualities of the body butters are great too, and work extremely well at conditioning your skin. I find that you can still smell the body butter on your skin for a few hours after applying.
The Body Shop body butter range is just divine. The different fruit scents that the product comes in are all brilliant and leave your skin feeling nice and soft.
There is nothing that I do not like about this product. I wish I could buy them all!

illicit_angel

illicit_angel

Overall, I love my strawberry body butter, Everybody comments on how nice I smell. When I use it, I don't need much to go over my body making it last longer than some other body butters. It smells so yummy that it makes me want to eat it. I have used the other fragrances and all are great at keeping your skin feeling moisturized and soft. Even with sensitive skin I have not had any issues with The Body Shop Body Butter, Compared to other brands (and cheaper one) This one does not smell like a cheap, artificial fragrance but of fruit. Would not chose another body butter and it is well worth paying the extra.
The smell is divine and it leaves your skin feeling wonderful and moisturised.

GoGoGoanna

GoGoGoanna

An excellent moisteriser esepcially for dry to very dry skin. Good all over the body, hands and feet included but might be a bit thick for the face.
The Hemp body butter is a lovely thick moisterising product. I like the texture which I found very smooth. I think it is good value for money as being thick a little goes a long way. Excellent for dry to very dry skin. a pleasant understated scent too so it doesn't conflict with perfume you might wear. I found it useful as a foot rub cream as well.
Containers are either large or small. I think a medium would be a good option. If you buy a large container there is a riosk of it going off before you have finished using it.