5The Body Shop Hemp

4.4
Natural active ingredients
Highly moisturising
Wide range of products
Smells unpleasant to some people

Mr Awesome
Mr AwesomeAU17 posts

I love this cream. It seriously works

When seasons change I tend to get some kinda eczema on my fingers/hand. I had tried topical steroid cream but the effects were not long lasting and dried the skin and made it hard, further outbreaks would worsen. I discovered the body shop hemp cream and it an absolute game changer. The effect is noticeabley different within minutes of applying it to my skin. I’ve attached a photo of a shot from a few weeks ago and one shot just now after applying (had to get to the store, probably should have ordered online). I highly recommend anyone with a similar issue to give this a go. Show details
Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC747 posts

Nice scented thick balm cream

I liked the scent of this body cream, it has a good fresh and green herb scent. It is also thick and feels like a balm more than a body cream. It’s great for any time of day, especially use in mornings after a shower to keep skin nourished.
I would recommend but haven’t repurchased, but would buy again later.  Show details ·  1
Ease of Application
Smell
Julius D.
Julius D.Central Desert, NT10 posts

this body butter is the best

Due to harsh weather changes in my area, I can feel very dry patches on my cheeks and elbows. This body butter is a lifesaver! It doesn't feel too heavy and moisturizes just fine. Show details ·  1
Jade
JadeSydney, NSW3 posts

So moisturising!

I was having a weird change in my skin that I hadnt had before. I had red dry patches and were sore and irritated when the wind blew on my face. I went into the body shop with these red patches and the lady working there recommended the Hemp face cream. I almost noticed a difference straight away after using it. After a week the patches were completely gone and with continued use day and night my face has smoothed out and stays soft. Show details ·  1
Very frustrated customer
Very frustrated customerSydney Surrounds, NSW5 posts

Best body butter on the market

Bought this to trial it after seeing rave reviews, and it does live up to the hype.
It has cleared my daughters mild eczema, and rectified my dry winter skin. Will continue to purchase as no other product has had such impressive results. Show details ·  1
Ease of Application
Smell
ColinW
ColinWGold Coast QLD9 posts

a good find

have tried multiple natural things for the relief of dry skin condition and stumbled across this product, as a "heavy duty moisture protector" and it does what it says on the lid ... tried other moisturizers over a long period of time and this is the latest discovery, after applying has a long lasting effect leaving the skin hydrated but not greasy Show details ·  1
Tamara Rudd
Tamara RuddMurray Region, NSW13 posts

Great for skin break outs

I brought this for my mum and the hemp face cream she absolutely loves it for when her skin gets rushed from sweat and daily make up use.

It’s the only one she doesn’t react too

Lee
LeePerth, WA2 posts

Heavy duty face protector

I’ve been using the face protector for about 2 months now. I apply after morning and evening shower. My skin is noticeably better. I used to have particularly dry skin on my forehead but now it feels supple and hydrated. I have used on 50ml jar in this rime so fairly economical at $20

Paulus
Paulus

I like the smell

Great moisturizing hand cream. You can feel it really soaking into the skin and I think it smells great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has dry hands.

Big Red
Big RedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

Was better when it was in metal packaging

The formulation appears to have changed when the packaging changed from metal to plastic. It does not appear to be as effective as it used to be which is really, really disappointing.

Leia
Leia

This stinks

Terrible product, does not help whatsoever and the smell makes me want to barf. If anyone is considering purchasing I suggest that you save your money for a better smelling product rather than one that is so bad it makes your eyes water in disgust. BODY SHOP SORT THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY. This matter needs to be taken seriously!!!

The Body Shop   DM

Hi, sorry we missed your review at the time. We are now actively responding to the reviews placed on ProductReview.com.au. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to assist with this issue. Thank you, The Body Shop.

Liz
LizKallista13 posts

Does what it says

Okay, if you’re looking to have sweetly scented hands after applying this hand cream, then maybe this is not for you. I was looking for a deeply moisturising, rich cream to repair and rejuvenate dry hands with ‘hangnail cuticles’. I’ve massaged it into my cuticles and hands each night while watching telly, and after a week I’m so happy. It appears greasy when first applied, but is totally absorbed & the odour dissipates after half an hour.

Will be looking at other hemp products now!

Nati
Nati

Best ever

My husband had very bad legs Skin flaking off every day since we are using the hemp cream they are healing we tried many different products before and nothing was helping .

Chook
ChookHobart2 posts

Changed packaging - changed product????

Have used hemp hand cream for years & found it excellent!

New packaging, cream doesn't feel the same, very distinct smell is different & my hands are dry!!!

Very disappointed!! It's changed!!

Netty Vill
Netty VillAU4 posts

The Body Shop   DM

Hi Netty, Sorry we missed your review at the time. We are now actively responding to the reviews placed on ProductReview.com.au. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to assist with this issue.

Eileen
Eileen

Do you recommend a cream for under the breast sweat rash only happens on very humid days

Kate D.
Kate D.

I got the Hemp Heavy Duty body Moisturizer protector as a gift. It smells rancid anyone else notice that or is mine a bad batch?

Kitty
Kitty

Same with my hemp hand cream - smells like rancid chip oil. People I work with asked what the awful smell was. Spent all day trying to wash the smell off my hands. Won't touch any hemp products ever again.

Sushil S.
Sushil S.

This Body Shop range uses hemp or cannabis sativa oil to provide soothing relief for dry skin. The oil contains essential fatty acids content, including Omega-3 and Omega-6, as well as Vitamins A and E. There are several products in the Body Shop Hemp Range, including the following:

Lip care

Enriched with hemp seed oil, the Hemp Heavy Duty Lip Care 4.2g stick is designed to provide intensive hydration for lips. The product takes the form of a thick lip butter that contains crystals. While they can feel bumpy on lips, they should melt if you roll the stick between your hands before applying the lip butter. This lip butter costs $12 from the Body Shop.

Moisturisers

This moisturising range contains a Hemp Body Butter and a Hemp Hand Protector. Promises to provide 96 hours of moisture, they're made to nourish and protect ultra-dry skin. This is done using a largely natural ingredients list that includes shea butter, babassu oil, and, of course, hemp.

A 100mL tube is priced at $16, while a 200mL tub costs $32.

Shower oil

The Hemp Hydrating & Protecting Shower Oil, like the other products in this Body Shop range, is designed to provide relief for dry skin.

It’s made to be used straight after showering. The oil turns into a moisturising foam when it touches skin, and helps to preserve the skin’s natural moisture barrier without being too greasy.

A 100mL bottle of this shower oil costs $12, while a 250mL bottle will set you back $30.