The Body Shop Hemp

The Body Shop Hemp

See the Best Moisturisers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Best body butter on the market

Bought this to trial it after seeing rave reviews, and it does live up to the hype.
It has cleared my daughters mild eczema, and rectified my dry winter skin. Will continue to purchase as no other product has had such impressive results.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Body Shop Physical store.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeDry Skin

a good find

have tried multiple natural things for the relief of dry skin condition and stumbled across this product, as a "heavy duty moisture protector" and it does what it says on the lid ... tried other moisturizers over a long period of time and this is the latest discovery, after applying has a long lasting effect leaving the skin hydrated but not greasy

Purchased in August 2019 for $30.00.

Ease of Application
Causes Irritation No
Skin TypeDry Skin

Great for skin break outs

I brought this for my mum and the hemp face cream she absolutely loves it for when her skin gets rushed from sweat and daily make up use.
It’s the only one she doesn’t react too

Heavy duty face protector

I’ve been using the face protector for about 2 months now. I apply after morning and evening shower. My skin is noticeably better. I used to have particularly dry skin on my forehead but now it feels supple and hydrated. I have used on 50ml jar in this rime so fairly economical at $20

I like the smell.

Great moisturizing hand cream. You can feel it really soaking into the skin and I think it smells great. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has dry hands.

Was better when it was in metal packaging.

The formulation appears to have changed when the packaging changed from metal to plastic. It does not appear to be as effective as it used to be which is really, really disappointing.

This stinks

Terrible product, does not help whatsoever and the smell makes me want to barf. If anyone is considering purchasing I suggest that you save your money for a better smelling product rather than one that is so bad it makes your eyes water in disgust. BODY SHOP SORT THIS OUT IMMEDIATELY. This matter needs to be taken seriously!!!

Does what it says.

Okay, if you’re looking to have sweetly scented hands after applying this hand cream, then maybe this is not for you. I was looking for a deeply moisturising, rich cream to repair and rejuvenate dry hands with ‘hangnail cuticles’. I’ve massaged it into my cuticles and hands each night while watching telly, and after a week I’m so happy. It appears greasy when first applied, but is totally absorbed & the odour dissipates after half an hour.
Will be looking at other hemp products now!

Best ever

My husband had very bad legs Skin flaking off every day since we are using the hemp cream they are healing we tried many different products before and nothing was helping .

Changed packaging - changed product????

Have used hemp hand cream for years & found it excellent!
New packaging, cream doesn't feel the same, very distinct smell is different & my hands are dry!!!
Very disappointed!! It's changed!!

Body shop hemp hand

This was recommended to me but it smells like a cross between cat urine and cigarettes with a bit of mint. It is a hand protector so if you want a moisturising hand lotion this isn't for you. Also after I put is on a spot of eczema I got a rash all around the area. The shop assistants are also very loud and intimidating and won't let you be free to just look around so you have to quickly decide if you want the product or not. There are lots of staff and each one targets a different customer and stands over them. They harass you and shout at you with a fake grin on their face and bully you until you decide what you want. You can't be free to browse on your own. I wanted to look around and see if there was anything else I would like to buy. When you do purchase something they won't give you a bag and only give you a receipt if you ask. Not a pleasant shopping experience and this product stinks. Also the little tiny lid is impossible to get on. I would never recommend this product and I won't be going in there again EVER. I will be making a wide berth of this shop.

Good but packaging is bad

The product itself is very good but ....
I was impressed when I bought this from a Body Shop store so I ordered another two online. They arrived looking like there was only half of the product in the container, I emailed the company who explained they were packed by weight and that it could have moved when shipped. Why then was the first container I bought packed to the rim? And why, if that is the Body Shop reason, is there not a note on the product to explain this. For such a pricey product I would expect better product presentation and explanation. Very disappointing - and unacceptable - for such a business with its reputation.

Beauty bag must have!

Works so effectively, skin feels amazing after just the first use! Highly recommend the hand cream for dermititis and red, dry skin. Can't get enough of this product!

Amazing !

I love this ! I decided to buy it after the Christmas sales and it is amazing . My hands are so dry usually from work and start to crack. After using this hand cream my hand has become a lot more soft and there's no more dry skin! Would recommend it to anyone with very dry hands .
Worked well, no more dry skin, soft hands, not allergic - mild

Amazing Stuff - and not tested on animals!

This product is absolutely amazing! My cousin has terrible eczema and it helps so much - especially considering she is also allergic to most things. I have used it constantly since she recommended it and it a fantastic. Very moisturising, fine on cuts or rashes - it doesn't sting or irritate. The smell takes a little getting used to but I love that now too :)
everything!

Best product ever for dry skin

My daughter had red raw eczema head to toe, I had heard the hemp body butter was good so gave it a try, after a few days her eczema had just about disappeared. After trying at least 15 other creams that are supposed to help eczema it was an overwhelming relief to find something that actually works.

While it may seem pricey to some, compared with other "natural" eczema products out there, it was on par.
Actually works, light on skin, always in stock

I have had eczema my whole life, and as I get older I react to more and more things. I have to be very strict with my skin care as well. Even shaving my legs is a painful ordeal, especially in the winter. I have facial hair and there's nothing out there I can use, not fun! When I was a teen I worked in fast food and my hands were red raw from sanitizer for washing dishes, and blistering all along my knuckles. My mom and I went to the body shop, and they suggested the hemp cream, I tried it and it works wonders, I've been using it now for about 15 years. Other things I've learned it's great for: Prickly heat/heat rash ( I get them so bad I get blisters in the summer time because my skin is so sensitive) Clears it up within a few days. I'm not able to use bug spray, and mosquitoes love to eat me alive, I have learned it helps heal mosquito bites and black flies a little faster but it does sting the first few seconds you put it on. However that means it's working. Do to my reactions with most bathroom soaps in public I now buy the small hand cream for when I'm out and the large one for home. I tend to hit the sales so it's not as pricey. The one thing I would like to know is if it is safe on dogs. My poor dog has eczema or psoriasis and I know the kind of pain he is in, I'm worried if I use it on him it might cause a bad reaction so if anyone knows please tell me.

I would definitely recommend the hemp products. They really work and in a short time you will have soft smooth skin again. It is also great for nails and cuticles.
This is the best hand cream I have ever tried. I suffer with dry skin and do a lot of painting so am continually washing hands and this heals my broken skin. I was continually having bleeding hands and fingers before coming across this product.
The price is a little steep but when you take into consideration how it works you can overlook this factor. The smell is also not wonderful, but again it more than does the job. They are only available in The Body Shop and my town does not have one so I have to find an agent each time I want to buy the product.

I think this range is perfect for very dry skin, dry weather and working man hands. A great quality range that I would deffinatley reccomend to people with dry skin on any part of their body.
Good for sensitive skin, great for really dry skin.
A little on the pricey side but worth it.

Most reliable, quickest working product to repair my cracked, dry lips. Works overnight on chapped lips. No strong perfume smell or taste.
Most effective, quickest working product I've used to keep lips soft and smooth.
No SPF.

I was given this as a gift for myself, I would never have brought it on my own because I didn't understand the point of hemp. The texture of this body butter is less firm than the rest of The Body Shop's body butter range, making it easier to rub in. It moisturizes fantastically, your skin feels better as soon as you apply it. It's great for the dry skin on my arms and legs during winter. The scent is very natural and fresh, but soft. I prefer it to the fruity body butters.
Very moisturizing, makes skin feel better instantly, its clean scent
Quite pricey