1.3

5% · 118 · 95%

Renee
Renee2 posts

SCAM / THEFT

SCAM - like everyone else - took money weeks ago and I am still unable to log in or book jobs. They are impossible to reach and do not provide contact details other than submitting an enquiry but do not respond. They are stealing people's money.
Josie V.
Josie V.Illawarra, NSW2 posts

They just want your monry

Don't be fooled, there is no one on the other side!
I signed up and paid, then discovered that I could not access the assignments ( I could see them but was not able to apply) I wrote to try and cancel/ or fix the problem, but didn't hear back, I could see that "my case was opened' Never heard from them. Eventually, after some time I checked in to see if anyone had ever responded. I found that my subscription was up for renewal. I even sent them a letter but it came right back to me. It appears that they only want your money
Guiliana C.
Guiliana C.

No help from the support office

I have only just joined as a house sitter on this sight and I cannot make contact with any of the house owners wanting a sitter . I have put in 5 too 7 tickets asking for help as to why I cannot make contact with any owners I have even asked if there was a problem with my payment but still no response from the support team..I feel I have wasted my money .. I feel so disappointed.. .. I don't know what else to do..?? Any suggestions would be great as there are sits I would like to apply for..
Jane
JaneCentral Queensland, QLD3 posts
Maggie
MaggieNorth Queensland, QLD

Elizabeth A review
Elizabeth A review2 posts

Eluazbeth A House sitter review

Elizabeth house sat for me and puss 3weeks over the Christmas period prior to the house sit Elizabeth came to my house twice to meet Rupert(Rupee) the cat there was an immediate clear rapport Rupee is a very shy 5year old cat and I've only ever seen him "warm immediately" to one other person
I received daily updates with pictures for my peace of mind I could see Rupee was very relaxed and happy
I arrived home after 3weeks to a spotlessly clean house I was/ am so impressed with Elizabeth she has great integrity and honesty and a genuine love for animals I would thoroughly recommend her to you I have used a number of house /pet sitters in the past and Elizabeth outshines them all thank-you so much Elizabeth
Martin
Martin

Stay away

Like the other commentors, they took my money and I have never been able to use the site. Impossible to contact them either, they don't respond and there is no phone number. They're just thieves.
Josie
Josie

There's no body home!

I signed up a week ago and have not been able to even make contact with the people who are requesting a house sitter. I have written 3 times (2 tickets)but no reply
CanbreQueensland3 posts

Gone down hill - Stay away

Renewed for 2 years. Money taken but not renewed even after several tickets created to fix. No contact details on site. Now can’t log in at all. Bad form. Got email address from PayPal site, no reply. Now lodged complaint thru PayPal
SoLi
SoLiMetropolitan Adelaide, SA4 posts

Keep away

Wanted a house sitter from www.house sitters.com.au to look after my house & small dog. 4 days in she up and left without warning citing a personal emergency. She didn’t even have the courtesy to call me but SMSd instead & gave me absolutely no notice leaving me in an awkward situation of trying to find a someone to look after my small dog for the remaining 10days away. To leave an animal without any thought of the repercussions is irresponsible. This site does not allow you to review the sitter so no doubt she will do it again. What a joke.
Charles C.South East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Absolute con

Used to be a great site, but went downhill fast, now not forwarding ads or responses. They just cut off my access, because I asked for refund through the ticketing system. I admit to adding some tickets with choice language. The only thing that seems to work is the ability to process joining fees.
Rose
Rose

Do not renew your membership

I was happy with this company until it came time to renew my membership. Prior to the due date I paid the fee but was cut off regardless. This could be an honest mistake, but the problem is the only way to make contact with these people is by 'ticket' which seems to go nowhere as I have submitted numerous such tickets but received no response or action. I have lodged a complaint with Fair Trading as suggested by a previous complainant, and suggest you do the same. These people need to be made accountable and to sort out their business practices as they appear to have caused disappointment and frustration to many of us.
Jennifer W
Jennifer WMid North Coast, NSW2 posts

No COMMUNICATION or web function

I've just joined, last month - the function to take my money still works, but cant upload my photo or references, tried everything (low size pics & docs) raised three support tickets and weeks later, no response. the site has not emailed me the weekly listings to choose from in my area either. As a Graphic Designer I can tell you this site is old and not functioning. has not had correct updates and so will only get worse. Do not waste your money, find another house siting agency and google reviews for anything before you pay.
I did contact an owner and get a job, and he is clueless as to what is going on, saying it worked for him to list the house twice. there is no contact nor email.
SunriseBoy
SunriseBoySouth East Queensland, QLD69 posts

A Registered-Practicing-Scam

I was on the House Sitters site a while back and let my membership lapse. I saw a sit that was coming up so renewed the membership and applied for the sit, sending off an application.
There were a couple of issues surrounding the clunky 1970's style site and sent an email to say how it was very difficult to deal with.
I am now locked out of the site.
They have been scamming plenty of people by the look of it, and avoiding all contact with members who have lost there money.
So, I've 'donated' their address.
26 Greenway Street,
Wickham,
NSW 2293.
Maybe somebody could drop by and say 'g'day'!
Monique Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

I was a long term client until November 2020

No communication. They have taken my money and not renewed my membership. I am lodging a complaint with the Department Of Fair Trading. I suggest others do the same. I have attempted to contact via the website and via the email addresses I have had for Andrew Knight over the years
Monique

Update. The department of fair trade letter worked.