2.8

39%11%50%

Mary Garland
Mary Garland

Great house sitters

Christina and Rowan took great care of our two little dogs Hannah and Holly, the wild birds our home and garden.
We had a lovely holiday knowing our home was in very good hands. When we returned the house was immaculate.
Their little dog Belle was very well behaved and managed.
We would highly recommend them for other sitters positions.
Alan and Mary Garland Show reply
firoella
firoellaSydney, NSW2 posts

lamentable

no funciona, todos responden negativamente, o no responden o ya encontraron a alguien. la verdad que estoy indignada, ademas no permiten ningun refound. Nunca jamas lo hare de nuevo, no lo compren
Jen Maree
Jen MareeWide Bay-Burnett, QLD7 posts

Good website, mostly good sitting experiences, best for SE Qld area

I've been a house sitter on Aussie for over three years, most of the experiences I have had are positive, although I am pretty careful when picking my sits and will usually visit in person before I confirm. I have made some beautiful friends and have repeat houses I've been back to 5,6,7 times now. The weird thing I have found is that the more I go out of my way for an owner the least likely it is that they will leave feedback, that's pretty disappointing - I wish there was more accountability for owners to leave feedback. I've built a good reputation and the website is easy to search and navigate when finding sits. Overall, it is definitely the most popular for the area of SE Qld where I mostly do sits. Show reply
Michelle
Michelle

PLS
PLSPerth, WA2 posts

No interest when things go wrong

Sitter damaged property, used my home for a side hustle business of dog sitting leaving my home full of dog hair and in a filthy state. With proof and witnesses I contacted Aussie House Sitters(AHS) they said they would investigate. The sitter denied the claim and made allegations of unauthorised filming inside house which was untrue. The outcome was AHS said they have investigated and it is just going around in circles so now they have decided the matter has been dealt with. They make no effort to protect home-owners. Think twice before using this service because if something happens to your home or pet they don't care too much.
Ps. I did do due-diligence and checked references of the sitter.
Jenny
JennyFar North Queensland, QLD4 posts

Owners omplaining about not able to find a sitter. Please know that some pets are cleaner than humans

Would be nice to see more owners open to accepting sitter's pets.
Emma P
Emma PSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Paul Mulholland
Paul Mulholland

Absolute hopeless

I've contacted over 20 house sitters to mind our property over Christmas/New Year and they have either said they are not available or haven't responded.
Why bother saying you can mind a house when you not available?
I'll never use this site or recommend to other people.
Absolute hopeless! And that is putting it kindly.
helicopter
helicopter 6 posts

Great for homeowners not so for sitters

As a long term sitter with excellent reviews. It is frustrating how the website allows the homeowners to make contact without having an active advertised add. If u don’t reply to these msgs u lose your reply rating. A bit over it I must say.
Rosamonde
RosamondeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Where is the email address,?

Can't contact admin who really owns this site.No replies to inquires
Mrs M
Mrs MMetropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts

Good Service

We have used Aussie House Sitters about 6 times now as home owners. It isn't perfect of course, but we have met many lovely people who are travellers. The only dud we had was a lady with teenagers who evidently had her own holiday plans and left her older teenagers here. The kids were fine, but didn't know how to use a vacuum or clean. But they kept our dogs happy and well, and it is a FREE service for homeowners, so I don't expect miracles. I think travellers are the best people to use as they get something great out of it as well, so its more transactional. We have almost always had older travellers and they have been great.
Guest
GuestSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cruel AussieHouse

I decided to open my house for a pet sitter while i was away but they ban me cause you cant be in the house with the sitter. You cant be busy at work the whole day and night and come back and go out again they wont allow it and that is horrible for them to do that.
Amanda
AmandaTasmania3 posts

Unacceptable! Booked airfares and accommodation but sitter pulled out at the last minute

I found a sitter who seemed very nice and keen to housesit. I organised the sitter early, and also kept in touch with her over the months, so I wouldn't be stressing about my pets. I was horrified when a few weeks before we were due to leave she messaged me with a 'Sorry, somethings come up'. I ended up having to pay $550 for someone to look after them. I appreciate it is a free service but someone's word should still matter.
paul s.
paul s.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

terrible experience

I've tried using AussieHouseSitters for past 12 months as a sitter, the home owners have generally been terrible and never responded with their rating usually going down to 1 circle as a result which means they did the same with other sitters. Also, so many home owners put little if any details about their homes/pets on this site which makes it difficult as a sitter. Terrible experience so far for 12 mths.
Cath
CathGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

• +2Thumbnail

Vickie
Vickie

Hi
I am inteersted in accessing the service, can you advsie how you vet the house sitters who are regstered please .Vickie

Margie
Margie

Hi
We have question for Admin please.
We have a housesit booked for Jan/ Feb and want to contact the home owners to check arrival and departure times.
Unfortunately we did not get their phone number and cannot message them as our membership has lapsed.
As we are not looking for a more housesits so we do not want to pay the $89 renewal fee atm. Can admin give us their contact details please?
Regards
[Name Removed]

Aussie House Sitters   DM

Hi Margie, thanks for getting in touch. We are very happy to help you contact these homeowners. Please email us directly at admin@aussiehousesitters.com.au so we can assist you with this. Thank you.

Susan D.
Susan D.

hi i have paid to join as a house sitter went to do my id verification i entered my ph number for you to txt me with the next step but i am still waiting for you to txt me back, this is very frustrating as i cannot apply for jobs until this verification is done, i have the required documents on my laptop can download them instantly but you do not give this option so i am stuck, please help

See all Aussie House Sitters questions