Thermal Ark ARK270

Thermal Ark ARK270

See the Best Solar Water Heaters in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Thermal Ark

• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
wayne
wayneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very pleased with my purchase

While I was hesitant at first to buy a heat pump hot water service because of reports that they don't work that well in the cooler climate of Victoria. I can say now it was was unfounded, since the installation it has worked perfectly, dual timers means I have set it to turn on in the morning and then again later in the afternoon so always have hot water when we need it.To early to say what effect it may have on the power bill, but will report back on that. A special thanks to Paul from Thermal Arc made the transition from old to new so easy.

Purchased in May 2021.

Bruce
BruceSydney, NSW

Very pleased with my Thermal Ark 270!

Inner West Sydney. It's been in for two months and I couldn't be happier. I was able to cancel my town gas connection and rely entirely on my PV panels, my Sonnen battery, and my solar hot water (evacuated tubes) into a storage tank, and from there into the ThermalArk. (No other heat pump supplier was interested in putting warm water into a heatpump.) With a house of four adults and three kids we've never run out of hot water, even with a bath full upstairs and a shower running downstairs! Installation was easy and it was working immediately. Highly recommended!

Purchased in January 2021 for $2,000.00.

increadible heat pump

Purchased in October 2020 at Thermal ark company.

Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Thermal Ark ARK270 compares to other Solar Water Heaters

HENPECKEDGippsland, VIC

the reason why to purchase a Thermal Ark heat pump

Purchased in March 2020 for $900.00.

olga.kanter
olga.kanterGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy with my choice

Call in the morning and delivery was at 12 pm. Unit set up on Eco and so far we have enough water for 3 of us. Paul has come to help with setting up the digital screen on a timer that the only problem I have. The timer is set from 12-5 pm and works from PV. my electrical bill is $7 in credit so far. Installation
was $455 and electrician $300, but I was changing from Gas. I will see how it will cope in winter.

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,700.00.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Cheaper Hot Water

We had to replace our hot water service the week before Christmas, our son recommended Thermal Arc so we contacted the company on Tuesday morning and the unit was delivered by a very polite, helpful young man by midday. Paul could not help us with installation as it was such a busy time but we were able to sort out our own plumber and electrician. We are quite pleased with the new system, with many guests over the Christmas/New Year period with many showers and dishes washed with reliable hot water. Paul has been prompt and helpful with the requirements needed to access the rebates. We would recommend Thermal Arc as the way to go when updating your hot water service.

Purchased in December 2019.

Noise Level
paul w.Thermal Ark

Thanks Ros for a great review, we do attempt to support customers. In particular now that in Victoria there are now three rebates applicable.

MICHAEL
MICHAELWestern District, VIC

ARK270 heat pump hot water service

My ARK270 has been in for a couple of weeks now and my daily power consumption since installation has dropped $2 a day . Over the year that works out to about $672 savings compared to the electric hot water service that we removed . The best thing is no more complaining from the wife about running out of hot water . Great customer service from Paul in regards to the paper work for the government rebates . Would highly recommend this heat bank hot water service . Cheers .

Purchased in May 2019 for $975.00.

Barry Thomas
Barry ThomasGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best customer service I can remember.

Purchased in March 2019 at Thermalark.

paul w.Thermal Ark

Thanks you Barry for the review.

Paul

Gregg J
Gregg JVictoria

Cost effective, efficient heat pump

With current Vic Govt incentives it was a no brainer to switch my old electric hot water tank out and replace it with a Thermalark 270. Almost like for like replacement for electrician and plumber. All done in 2 hours. Heats water to 55C quickly (only 2 people using it), set timer to use our PV output. Only uses 800w when not using element (eco heat mode). Will be interesting to see how it goes in winter. I would recommend it and the company to anyone looking at heat pump solution. Small problem with dud screen, but could still operate and company sent a replacement quickly and was simple 5 minute job to install replacement screen and cover.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Solar Water Heaters

Find out how Thermal Ark ARK270 compares to other Solar Water Heaters

ARK270 Heat Pump Hot Water System

I have had an ARK270 hot water unit on my home for the past several years and it operates fine. Interestingly when I swapped over I noticed a large drop in my gas bill and no real increase in electricity bill. I put this down to the fact I replaced my old 3 star gas hot water system with the ARK270.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
paul w.Thermal Ark

Thanks for the review Peter, for an average household the Ark270 should save you around $360 per annum (assuming you don't have Solar PV cells) when compared to a 3 Star Gas system.

Dan
DanMelbourne

Excellent hot water.

Hot water service has been fitted and is working great. We had a small problem with the screen but were able to resolve with thermal Ark over the phone. They were contactable and helpful. Now our hot water is heated any time & is never running out with a family of seven.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
paul w.Thermal Ark

Dan Thanks for the Review - Glad we could help.
Paul (ThermalArk)

Johnp
JohnpGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Solar Hot water Heat pump

This Hot water system connects to my solar panels. It uses a heat pump to heat the water which only uses 800 kw, that's less than my dishwasher. My gas bill had decreased from $120.00 to 54.00 for the same period last year. Always got hot water this has saved me a lot of money.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

mo 1
mo 1asked

is this an electric system

Andy L.

Yes it like an air conditioner and a storage tank.

Matt D.
Matt D.asked

Is the heat pump thermal ark 270 electric only, as we don't have gas in our area

HENPECKED

Hi Mat it is electric only as a back-up, and runs on the heat pump mostly which is all electric . It has been a good service to me am very happy with it Norm.

paul w.Thermal Ark

Matt the system only needs a 15amp power circuit, no gas. The system uses the heatpump to heat the water, but does have an electric element which will work when ambient temperature is less than 2 degrees, or as a fast reheat

Andy L.asked

any one using the Thermal Ark heat pump in frost situations. when does it need the heating element.

paul w.Thermal Ark

If the Heatpump is run in Eco mode, it will aim to used the heat pump for all heating, except for the following reasons.
a) If the ambient temperature is less than -5 Deg the electric element will be used.
b) If the ambient temperature is between -5 and 5 DegC the electrical element will kick in as well as the compressor, when the water temperature reaches 55 Deg and will run up to the hot water setpoint. This is due to the physical properties of R134a, and will be common problem for most systems using this refrigerant.

Note:
a) the default set point for the hot water system is 55 Deg.
b) We have ~30 units installed by a plumber in Bright, and have had no issues or complaints since these units typically operating with a 55Deg hot water set point.
c) The non Eco modes use the electric element for fast reheat, for customers who have high water demand.

Get an answer from our members and Thermal Ark representatives