2.9

Stephen T.
Stephen T.6 posts

Noisy. Avoid

Noisy. Noisy. Noisy!
Typing this at 4.30am after the heat pump on our new build yet again has woken us all.up. Reece says this is just how they are. Also dumps water all over ground from outlets (cement already stained) and have to run about 3L of water before hot comes out.. Reece also says this is normal. Will be replacing with a traditional electric hot water unit. Thanks for the money down the drain Reece. Show details
PREMG
PREMGPerth, WA

unit is performing well

So far so good, unit is performing well, hardly uses any electric and we have never run out of hot water even with 8 people visiting/ staying in our house. These are brilliant if sized correctly and installed correctly. I am a plumber and have installed this at my own property. We did away with the gas feed to our property as we have no demand for gas anymore. Highly recommended, so far no issues. I bought thermaan as I hope parts will be available in the 'long run' which I don't suspect will happen if you buy a cheap Chinese version Show details ·  1
David F.
David F.Mid North Coast, NSW
  Verified 220L

Would be a five-star but required a warranty repair

Unit installed mid 2022 and no problems at all until recently. Very efficient for our small household and has kept my power bill down. Unfortunately, there was a faulty electronic temperature control component. The handling of my warranty claim was very, very good. Fixed within 48hrs of my initial phone call. Great customer support (a rare thing nowadays). Thanks also to the diligent technician. Happy to recommend. Show details ·  1
wchin
wchinCanberra 2600, ACT
  220L

Works great when it actually works

This unit was put in my new build in late 2018. The first break down was 2021 (rubber ring issue), march 2023 (computer replacement and tpr valve) and again oct 2023 (element boost replacement) and AGAIN dec 2023 (BOTH sensors replaced). 3 MAJOR breakdowns and issues in 1 year is alot for a $4,000 unit.

My front neighbor has the 330 unit and have had 4 repairs so far.

I do not recommend this unit. I am lucky to have contact with Reece's hot water pump plumber so my repairs are done within a few days. Show details

David
DavidCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC12 posts
Mel
MelMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
David
DavidMetropolitan Adelaide, SA3 posts

noise level

Replaced a noisy Rheem hot water system with what I was guaranteed by a local plumber was one of the quietest on the market, I had not found any reviews on the Thermann prior to the purchase. Seems to be a good product so far, the only complaint is the noise level which drones through our home, would have gone solar instead. In high density housing that occurs in suburbs now, like some air conditioning systems not a neighbour friendly item. Unfortunately unable to download recordings.
, Show details
Bax
BaxGoulburn Valley, VIC3 posts
  Verified 300L

Efficient but has had some reliability issues

Installed September 2019 and has broken down twice.
Electronic side appears to be the unreliable component of what seems to be an otherwise good product.
Thermann have been good with repairs out of warranty. Show details ·  1
Mark Robinson
Mark Robinson

We have 2 Therman x Hybrid Heat pumps installed to separate units

One of the heat pump units is extremely noisy to the other.suspect a problem with fan! Would appreciate a serviceman from Therman take a look please.My contact is 0408387984 Mark. Show details ·  1
Overall
Noise Level
Rebecca
RebeccaSydney, NSW

You have been warned

High expectations for this German heat pump that have been crushed with 3 system failures in 3.5 years. Installed for our new build in February 2019, first service call Dec 2020 - element replaced. Second service call December 2021 - faulty unit replaced with new unit. Third service call Nov 2022 - element on new unit replaced. Update: Originally advised that this is not covered under warranty. Contacted by Thermann through this review for mediation, who have now decided to cover repair costs. Show details
Warren
WarrenHunter Region, NSW7 posts
  300L

A few years in and still working perfectly

We bought this unit after our Gas Storage System failed. The Thermann X is a great Hot Water Heater. We have a family of 5 and have never run out of hot water. Currently set to run whenever it needs to but will be changing to run only when Solar is Generating Electricity. Anyone done this? Show details ·  1
Brad G
Brad GGippsland, VIC
Mark
Mark3 posts
  300L

Faulty unit keeps breaking down

Installed in a new house build December 2018. It has been serviced/fixed 5 times since installation. It has had parts replaced each time and the service agent stated they are a poor unit as they have to attend to many complaints with these units. When it works is a good unit but should NOT have to have it fixed this many times. Would definitely steer clear of buying this model. Show details
Bruce
Bruce11 posts
  300L

Effective and efficient hot water system

Hard to evaluate as it is used conjointly with two quantum systems. Therefore there over 900 litres of hot water to service 7 motel rooms. Only ever ran out , when the unit tripped the circuit breaker. Show details ·  1
Justin Glass
Justin Glass2 posts

Efficient but unreliable

My unit is cheap to run but needs fixing about once per year, which is disappointing for an expensive hot water system. There’s a lack of plumbers with the right gear to fix it to and when you do get hold of one they mention that the faulty parts are a common design issue for the units. Show details