3Thermomix TM6
Part of Thermomix 3.8

Thermomix TM6 Questions & Answers

Rori
Rori · TM6

Does the Thermomix TM6 have an aux port?

Thermomix   DM

Hi Rori, no it does not.

Andrew E.
Andrew E.

No, it doesn't

shanexu3
shanexu3 · TM6

Can anyone advise me more about the safety issues with the Thermomix TM6 measuring cup? Apparently when cooking at or above 95°C/200°F with the TM6 measuring cup in place, some ingredients may float to the top of the mixing bowl and prevent steam from escaping through the hole in the lid. This can cause an increase of pressure in the mixing bowl and may lead to a sudden and uncontrolled spillage of hot liquid or food. This could lead to scalding or burns to the user or bystanders.

Will thermomix redesign and replace the measuring cups with the design flaw or are customers just going to be told not to use them whilst cooking above 95°C/200°F?

N.T.N
N.T.N

Best to just call customer service to verify

Thermomix   DM

Hi Shane, thanks for your question, The issue is solved when using the simmering basket with recipes that require a temperature of 95°C (200°F) or above. This is a simple but necessary measure that will hardly affect the cooking experience – but can prevent this potential problem from occurring. Please visit our website for more information external link

Sands
Sands

when there was a safety issue with the tm31 thermomix sent out new seals to rectify , now they say to use the simmer basket , but they are still selling the measure cups , even for the tm5 , why not just send out tm5 measure cups there was no problem with those , but you cant buy them any more WHY

Honest Truth · TM6

My question is why oh why has someone only just got back to me when I post my review 1 year ago. This just emphasises how disgraceful their customer service is and that they really don't care once you've paid over the cash.

Thermomix   DM

Hi there, Product Review is an independent website which we've just been granted access to and so we're now going through and making sure we have responded to every review. If you have a query the best way to get in touch is through our website or Facebook page and we have people responding there daily. thermomix.com.au

Honest Truth

That's my whole point, I did that and got nothing. Thermomix don't care about their customers one bit. If you have a complaint then suck it up is their attitude, you ain't getting nothing out of us, so go away. I did go away and sold my machine which was falsely advertised as a slow cooker. Total disappointment and rip off.

Em M.
Em M. · TM6

I’d love to hear about someone that has used it and lost weight? Do they have a good selection of healthy meals to cater for this?

crap cookidoo
crap cookidoo

Weight loss is linked to a calorie deficit - not the Thermomix. So I guess my answer is “it depends on how you use it” …… google James Smith PT and save yourself a few thousand $$.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Em, you should check out Skinnymixers who runs a blog about just this! All of the recipes on our Cookidoo site contain nutritional information to help you make an informed choice.

MazzyNZ
MazzyNZ · TM6

I'm interested to hear from TM6 owners who follow a keto way of eating. Is it worth the money or am I just better off sticking to my food processor, instant pot and pans?

Mat Steel
Mat Steel

I use the TM6 and follow keto you may want to look on Face Book a group called Have Butter Will Travel and Aussie Low Carb Community they do a lot of keto Thermomix recipes Au based have live group meets Thursday evenings, just a thought!

Thermomix   DM

Hi MazzyNZ, there are tons of keto recipes available and we even have a Low Carb cookbook

Carmel Muggeridge
Carmel Muggeridge · TM6

From web comments, few answers to questions.... poor service. Also does this unit so only one thing at a time. Eg if I want to make soups and cakes at same time must I finish one before other can be commenced.

sueooiwl
sueooiwl

yes one recipe at a time

Joel

no, you can continue multiple recipes. Simply stop at the point of your previous recipe, commence your new recipe, then select the old one you were using and hit "Continue" as opposed to "restart", and you'll be able to commence where you left off.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Carmel, Hi there, Product Review is an independent website which we've just been granted access to and so we're now going through and making sure we have responded to every review and query. If you have a query the best way to get in touch is through our website or Facebook page and we have people responding there daily. In regards to your question, there's only one thing cooking in the bowl, but you can swap between recipes quite easily and it will save your place. Two bowls also means you can swap between recipes very easily. e.g. if you had dough proving for bread in one bowl, you can swap bowls and make your soup. Layered cooking using the steaming attachment also means you can have a few things on the go at once. The best way to find out more is to get in contact with a Consultant. We run online sessions so you can even do this from the comfort of your couch.

MultipleS
MultipleS · TM6

the complaints about customer service is the reason I won't be buying one today..a shame but I refuse to be treated like trash once you have my money, which seems to be a common theme.

Nala
Nala

Agreed, especially since it is so expensive. I would expect to be treated like royalty

Thermomix   DM

Hi MultipleS, we take these customer service reviews very seriously and have reached out to each person to follow up personally. We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer service and currently have over 500,000 happy customers with an extremely high satisfaction rating. Unlike many other products on the market, our Thermomix Consultants mean that you have a lifelong Thermomix expert at your fingertips to guide you through your Thermomix experience. We’d love the opportunity to chat further about your concerns so please reach out via this page external link

Georgina
Georgina · TM6

Where in Australia will I be able to buy these

Chris W.
Chris W.

Hi Georgina. Log onto the thermomix website and fill out your details. A consultant will contact you.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Georgina, simply click the 'Get in now' button on our website external link

Jenny James
Jenny James · TM6

Can I save my own recipes to my Tm6 collection if so, how to I do this?

Louise B.

no not at this stage, however there are apps like paprika and copymethat that allow you to save your own recipes that aren't on cookidoo or the Thermomix recipe community.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Jenny, each recipes on Cookidoo (which connects to the TM6) is triple tested by our local recipe development team to guarantee success. As such, you're currently unable to add your own recipes, but you can cook them by using manual cooking. Your Consultant is available to help you concert these recipes to Thermomix methods.

Jim
Jim · TM6

Where can I buy one

Louise B.

you can purchase a thermomix through a consultant who will come to your home, give a demonstration and cook a vegetable stock paste with you just to get you going. Best place to start is on the thermomix Australia website. they will pass your details onto a consultant who will handle everything for you.

Thermomix   DM

Visit this link to be put in touch with a Thermomix Consultant who can process the sale for you. external link

Your Consultant then provides ongoing support to help you get the most out of your investment. This can be done anyway you choose - in person, or virtually.

Squid
Squid · TM6

Is the unit easy to move around? I know it weighs about 8kg but is it easy to pick up? I don't have the bench space to leave it out so I'd have to take it off a shelf every time I needed to use it.
Also, I'm worried that needing to move it around will damage the feet that act as sensors for the scales - has anyone found this to be an issue?

Louise B.

the issue with the scales and sensors in the feet mainly occurs if the thermomix is dragged. If it's picked up, you shouldn't have an issue.

Joel

Also, there is a "Move" mode you can place the thermomix in before you move it, which locks the scales into place.

Thermomix   DM

Hi Squid, Thermomix an appliance you'll use every day, if not multiple times a day, so we highly recommend finding some bench space to keep it out so that you can have easy access to it, which will ensure you make the most of your investment. However if you do need to store it away it can be done easily, just ensure that you don't drag the appliance and always lift up and place down carefully.

Biks
Biks · TM6

When i turn my TM6 the machine seems to turn itself off and then turn on again and boots up. this normal? Just seems to take ages to boot up.

Get an answer from our members and Thermomix representatives

Select a listing for your question
Thermomix TM6