Tiger Airways

Tiger Airways Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Tiger Airways? Claim your listing.
Bobby · Domestic

Taxi companies can have their licenses taken away if they do not meet certain standards etc, obviously this does not apply to airlines? Otherwise Tiger Airways would have had their licence revoked by now!!

Daniel G.
Daniel G.

They are a subsidiary of Virgin Airlines Australia. I think this is why they have not been shut down yet.

Bobby

Thanks, that makes sense, after they cancelled my daughters flight with only 90 minutes notice they helped her rebook onto a virgin flight costing her an additional $100, sounds like a scam to me??

Laura F
Laura F · Tiger Airways

Hello, my partner and I are flying Melbourne to sydney at the end of the month with our 4 month old daughter. Can we take the pram all the way to the boarding gate or do we need to check it in when we check ourselves in? Thank so much. Laura

Tan
Tan · Tiger Airways

Why don't u have your flights on time people that don't have a lot money count on you for cheap flights and think you can help and be better?

brian
brian

I don't for sure but , one of these reviews on here said if there's not enough passengers - the airline waits so they can fill up the next plane with enough paying customers though, they shouldn't be operating that way

They should re name themselves laughing stock airlines or clown airlines

Art Hurwitz
Art Hurwitz · Tiger Airways

As most people will know, the name of this airline is now Tigerair, not Tiger Airways.

Is there any way to contact the owners of this site or the moderators, to ask them to change the name?

Blah
Blah

No idea sorry! Only just signed up to log my complaint

Mc J
Mc J

Sorry, the correct name is Tigerair

John
John · Tiger Airways

I have 1 bag medication and another cpap will I need to pay extra?

Erin C
Erin C

I honestly don't know John, I'm not sure if the rules are flying with medication. Perhaps you'd be better directing your question to the company.

dazza
dazza

he was asking if anyone knows, not if YOU did.

Narot Bahar
Narot Bahar · Tiger Airways

Hello - I'm sorry for all who have had their travel plans disturbed due the Tiger Air debacle. We are due to fly with them Australia Day eve. To those who have had to re-book more expensive flights, will tiger air (eventually) be refunding the fare difference?

Frank
Frank

Not likely

Ren Car
Ren Car

Expect to be pulling teeth

Sianglong
Sianglong · Tiger Airways

Can i know if i take tiger airline to taipei,is it ok for economy..jetstar and tiger which one is better?for your guys opinion

Jim
Jim

Not sure about Taipei but would not use tigerair til they gain customer trust back(family not happy with bali farce still no contact from tiger just automated response )

June
June · Tiger Airways

Our flight is 9am what time does check in close?

Jasonb84
Jasonb84

Checkin closes 45 mins before departure on domestic flights, but I wouldn't leave it to the last minute. I recommend you check in well before 8am for your 9am departure.

Jas Sahara
Jas Sahara · Tiger Airways

what does TZ mean on tiger air?

Damo

It’s the airline code, like a registration number however TZ is their partner airline Scoot, TT is Tiger Australia as far as I am aware as I have previously flown Tiger (Singapore) TR and Tiger Indonesia (mandala) IT

Meg
Meg · Tiger Airways

Has anybody flown Melbourne to Perth with Tiger ?

Damo

I have flown multiple times from Melbourne to Perth and vise versa, they have been reliable when I have used them, they’re a very basic service, for a short flight (under four hours), their strict on the times and baggage weight limits, but I have found them to be comfortable, reliable cost effective service when I have used them, that arrives at terminal two in Perth next to the international airport.

Jess
Jess · Tiger Airways

Anyone have advise for Darwin to Brisbane with Tiger?

Lee
Lee

My advice is do not use them at all. Pay a little extra to use a reputable airline.

Muzz
Muzz · Tiger Airways

Could anyone give me advise on the flights out of Perth to Bali with Tiger Air? Based on personal experience please?

LGV
LGV

Absolutely don't do it, just don't. If you read through any reviews of the airline you will notice the same issues consistently re-occur: flight cancellations & changes, poor service and customer service that is not existent.

If absolutely anything goes wrong, and they need or you need to make any change even the most minor you will live to regret it with this airline.

Sure, things go wrong with all airlines - the difference is that other airlines focus on fixing it as much as they can for you. This airline just very literally tells you to go f*ck yourself. Well, f*ck them!

Amanda stacey
Amanda stacey · Tiger Airways

Two items fell out of my handbag on a flight from adel to brisbane unfortunately I didn't realise until I got in my car. Anyone know how I can try to get them back from tiger air?

Sandringham10
Sandringham10

Ring the call centre who should provide you with a number for Tigerair's baggage contractor.

Alternativekly call Brisbane Airport but its staff will probably say 'not our responsibility.'

Paul Whitton
Paul Whitton · Tiger Airways

Flying Tiger from Sydney to Brisbane, do you depart from the Domestic Terminal or International?

Julie C
Julie C

Hi Paul, it just says I arrive in Sydney at TERMINAL 2. I am actually flying back from Sydney to Brisbane with Virgin :-)

veronicahenrygeorge
veronicahenrygeorge

It's the domestic terminal, and it's clearly marked when you get to the airport. It's at the opposite end to Qantas, and you will see signs directing you.

Loralei
Loralei

Hi Paul, Its the domestic terminal.

mlang · Tiger Airways

Travelers are getting burnt by excessive baggage fee.

Some pay even above $50!

Would you pay for a service that cleans, iron and return deliver

items up to 10 kg for $49 (incl $500 insurance cover)?

Your feedback much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

Adam
Adam

I do not understand the question. I would pay $49 for clean and ironing of 10Kg of clothes. But not the $500 insurance!

mlang

Hey Adam thanks. $500 insurance cover is included as part if the service. You don't pay extra for insurance cover.

lewis444
lewis444 · Tiger Airways

Do many flights from brisbane to Darwin get cancelled when flying with tiger?

Drew
Drew

Just don't fly Tigerair if you've read my review

Vanessa
Vanessa · Tiger Airways

Hey, I am flying from Sydney to Perth next week. Is there any onboard service included? Means, do they serve any food or drinks without charging you?

wayb2912
wayb2912

You have to pay for any food on board, that's if your flight is not canceled or if they actually do have someone at their checkin counter

Paul Blenkinsop
Paul Blenkinsop

Hi Vanessa, sorry I am unable to advise what is available in flight as our flight was cancelled as we arrived at the airport.

This meant we missed our connecting flight to king island with REX and as Tiger Air would not phone REX and confirm the cancellation we forfited those tickets which cost $400. Tiger will refund our money for their flights but this takes 4weeks!

I have not flown Tiger and now I never will.

Simon.B
Simon.B

Hi there. As Tiger is a low cost carrier, you don't get any food provided with your ticket. You can however purchase it on board, and I have to admit, the food is pretty good. I ha the chicken platter sandwiches flying to Melbourne which I would rate an 8 out of 10 and I had the bacon and egg Turkish flying back to Perth yesterday and would give this a 9 out of 10. The service on board was awesome and the flight departed and arrived on time. I was unsure about flying them originally but I would definitely fly Tiger again. The food prices are much the same as those on virgin flights but the quality is definitely better and the selection is good. They sell beer, wine and pre-mixed spirits as well with nothing over $10.

Give them a try.

Marie Williams
Marie Williams · Tiger Airways

What do I do about cancelling a flight I have booked for Easter time?

Trainasaurusrex
Trainasaurusrex

Hello! I'm sorry but I think you will only be allowed to move the flight, not get your money back...

Mo
Mo · Tiger Airways

how often are tiger flights from coffs harbour cancelled

Donald
Donald

idk, they usually inform you by email or text. But my advice, don't bring any luggage, except your handbag, because the lost baggage case is so common these days.

Blu3T34rs
Blu3T34rs · Tiger Airways

Hi, i'm 16 years old and flying with tiger on wednesday, i am deathly afraid of flying anyways but is there anything i need to know about tiger before i fly??

Greg Allen
Greg Allen

Safe as houses

Frequentflyer
Frequentflyer

Be at check in at leat 50 minute before flight - an hour or more is better

Steve PGA
Steve PGA

Make sure you are early for check-in, have no more than 10 grams more in your baggage allowance (check-in and hand luggage) and give the biggest smile you have to the check-in counter staff to get to your destination..... have a safe flight.

Select a listing for your question
Tiger Airways

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Tiger Airways? Claim your listing.