Tommee Tippee Manual

• Feeding Methods
Olga

OlgaPerth, WA

Useless

I wish I've read this reviews before I've got this pump. Tried it at first while in hospital, got a few drops out,at the time I thought that is just low milk supply.
Tried again at home after some time and same thing again,a few drops . I can express more milk by hand,very disappointed with this product.

Purchased in June 2020.

Doesn't work very well

I bought this breast pump on sale for $35 from Baby Bunting when I was pregnant as I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to breastfeed.

I tried it the first night I got home from the hospital and it was useless. Hardly got any milk out even though my supply was great and when pumping, milk was spilling out everywhere.

I also hated the weird plastic insert over the funnel which was too small for my DD size breast and difficult to remove for cleaning.

Purchased in January 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$35.00.

Usage Frequency Long-term

Useless - waste of money

This is a waste of money. It doesn’t work, the milk spills and the components easily disconnects as you try to pump. It really doesn’t work. Don’t waste your money on this product. I was very disappointed considering it’s Tommee Tippee and it was a bit pricey.

Purchased in April 2020 at Game stores for A$34.00.

Feeding Methods Baby Formula and Breastfeeding

Do not waste your money

I have tried to use this pump on many occasions and it is absolutely useless ! I am ebf and this pump does not get so much as a drop out !! There have been occasions where I have got a blockage and desperately needed to express and this pump has reduced me to tears- please do not waste your money on this product ! I am now using an Avent which is much better and actually does the job !!

Purchased in May 2019 for A$30.00.

Usage Frequency Short-term
Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
Jen

JenHunter Region, NSW

Fantastic Product

Such any easy breast pump to use. I pumped for all feeds due to chest sensitivity and was incredibly satisfied by the amount of milk expressed. Great little portable container which is a steamer too!

Purchased in November 2018.

Useless!

I bought this with the thought it would be easy to use back at work, and being from a reasonable brand, it should be good. I was WRONG!
The silicone components fit extremely poorly, are constantly releasing the seal while trying to pump, and you cannot get any sort of reasonable suction as the handle only allows minimal pressure. I have tried multiple times to get this working and always met by disappointment and going back to my highly reliable Avent pump, so twice the washing up.

Purchased in January 2019.

Milk Expressing FrequencyOccasionally (once a day or less)
Rose mum

Rose mum

Dissapointed

I was dissapointed with my pump. I found I had to pump a long time just to get 10ml and my hands would become quite sore. Some times I did not get any milk at all. I did not feel much of a suction while pumping. And the parts are quite fiddly to clean. I much prefer my Medela pump and find I get a lot more milk with fewer effort. I had hoped this would be a good buy as it is reasonably priced but unfortunately it just didn’t fulfil my need.

Purchased in December 2018.

Usage Frequency Long-term
Ceeta

Ceeta

Disbelieve of the product

Nothing at all. I did try using this product for expressing milk but wouldn't drain a drop. It just kept making noise and no action. I wanted some reliable pump to draw milk for my little one but this one was an absolute disaster, not even closer to the cheapest pump you get in the market. I had to go back using the same cheap brand. I don't know why they market the wrong thing in the market and that too with discounts. I would not recommend anyone to even think about buying that product.

Swani

SwaniSydney

Good

I used this one daily for a couple of weeks. It does the job is effective and easy to use. It comes with a baby bottle a lid and a sterilizer which I found very handy. Although it's manual the milk comes quickly. I recommended it if you are looking for something portable and easy!

So DISAPPOINTED!!

Got my 1st Tommy Tippy 6 years ago with my 2nd child and loved it! 3rd baby born 2018 and again used it, it lasted for 6 years! Broke and had to buy a new pump. So i bought the Tommy Tippy again and guess what? It is a piece of junk! The new look might disemble easy but i does not work! Period. I'm a huge Tommy Tippy fan but this new look of yours makes the pump useless!

Codee.S

Codee.SMaryborough

Does the job!

I purchased the manual breast pump just incase we were out and I needed to pump. I find that really convenient. I mean who wants to take out and electric noisy one lol. The only thing is for me it was a bit hard to use as my hands got really tired and I didnt even get anlot of milk out.! I just used it as a reliever and not for a full express session.

RSharpe93

RSharpe93Dubbo

Easy to pull apart to clean

Ordered online from Babies R Us. Came in a kit with the pump, steriliser box, 4 bottles in 2 sizes, screw on bottle caps, breast pads and spare valve for the pump.
I have found the pump easy to pull apart to wash and sterilise. It is easy to use one handed. I love that any Tommee Tippee bottles can be screwed on to it.
Only thing that could be improved is to have a little stand for it as it does not stand on its own with a bottle screwed on without it being full of milk.
Otherwise it’s a great product at a great price.

JTL

JTLSydney, NSW

Does the job, better than an electric one.

My partner had been using an electric pump for the first few weeks and decided to go manual seeing she wasn't producing much milk, decided to go with this one and so far it's improved a fair bit in terms of the amount of milk she is producing.

Kit is easy to install and also easy to clean also.

Shopper

ShopperSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use and good for the price

Jynx

JynxSouth East Queensland, QLD

Could be better for the price

Ren.K

Ren.KROCKBANK

Average!

Used it only a few times, because it is very hard to pump and takes ages! Not many parts but still quite hard to keep it clean. On the positive side mine came with nice milk bottles and storage containers.
The price was good so It might be worth purchasing if you don't intend to use it on the regular basis.

Venus

Venus

Okay but hard to clean

Okay to use but the only thing is very hard to clean especially inside the pump that you can't open or detach it. It looks smooky after 3 or 4 times use. The silicone pump needs a proper wash after every use. But worth the price with a set of container and extra parts.

Muhammad

MuhammadMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible breast pump (manual)

Not sure if our product was defected or others faced the same problem? It was difficult to assemble the product and it was detaching again and again so we needed to hold it with one hand. Its suction was not good either, required lots of pumping to extract milk. Don't like it. It was brand new.

nicole99

nicole99AU

Preferred the manual over the automatic

I found I got more milk for a manual pump - but I was mor labour intensive ( you have to literally hold it over the breast and pump at same time ! The auto was easier , hands free - however you are tied and restricted to sitting near the power point ! The manual means you can walk around and pump at same time ! For my next child Iwojld likely invest in the hands free pumping bras just to save time - looking back i spent too much of my time pumping rather than bonding my bubba!

Melody

MelodyPerth

Pretty good

Quite decent for a manual. Managed to express 30ml from one side after about 5 minutes so I'd say that's a good effort. So easy to clean. It hirts my nippled a bit but that's something that definitely depends on the individual. Wouldn't use it for anything other than occasional pumping but would definitely use again.