2017 Toyota C-HR

2017 Toyota C-HR

Love my new CH-R Koba

What an eye turner. I purchased a White one with black roof. Almost got the yellow one, but glad I didn't. Matt at Toyota Croydon couldn't have been more helpful. The turning circle is amazing, and with all the bells and whistles, and yes, like a previous reviewer has said, it feels like I'm driving a Lexus.

BadgeKoba AWD
Date PurchasedJun 2018

Love toyota

Purchased a 2018 toyota koba teal with white roof, sooo many people keep stopping and telling me love your car its certainly an eye stopper. Love the style, the automatic hand brake, vears me back if i accidentally go over a white line, side mirrors fold back when locked, everything is accessible on the steering wheel, have always driven Toyota's but this car is unbelievable, love love my Toyota.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Slated at launch for being slow—but this car is surprisingly zippy!

Got down to two choices; the Mazda CX3 and the CHR. After first testing the CX3, expected the CHR to lack the same grunt, but this car really surprised. Also more advanced in technology and safety, and somehow seemed more roomy inside, and in the hatch area. Great cornering too. So far (one year) nothing has gone wrong. Love driving this car.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

A Lexus with a Toyota badge

This is a real suprprise package. The top of the range C-HR Koba model has all the latest technology, all the goodies that you expect on a Lexus and drives surprisingly well. My initial concern was that a 1.2 litre motor, albeit turbocharged, would not be man enough for what is an extremely solidly built car. But I was wrong. The motor is fine for both city and country driving and the digital speedo helps ensure that it does not run away from you. The car is exceptionally well built and the doors close with a very satisfying clunk. I understand it was one of the few cars that have transitioned from concept to production with minimal changes. It really is a head turner. Having had four Lexus cars we sold the NX to get the C-HR. A clever touch is the rear door handle. See for yourself. Wish I could give it 10 stars.......

TransmissionCVT
Date PurchasedApr 2018

Beautiful yet fast

I love this car, it handles so well on the roads and has really decent speed for a SUV turbo. Very quiet on the road, and a very smooth drive even over bumpy surfaces. I love the smooth line diamond detailing interior and the added safety features including lane departure alert. It's not a big SUV but it isn't overly small either so it makes for great driving in the cbd area. Running costs are great for a yearly service capped at $195 every year for the first 5 years. Beautiful sleek design that doesn't make it look like a boring family car. What's there not to love.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

The best

I had been waiting for this car before it was even released to Australia and I was not at all disappointed. The standard comes packed full of safety features you would need to pay extra for in other models and brands. Performance is super smooth and handles corners well at fast speeds. Don’t find this to be noisy at all. For a 1.2 litre turbo I’m impressed at how fast it can go in an uphill freeway. I love the sleek diamond design inside and the compact small suv feel as I’m nervous about driving big cars. I do find the boot to be quite limited in space but you’d expect that with a hatchback like design. Running costs are exceptional with only once a year services capped at $195 each time. Haven’t had any issue with performance but find using expensive fuel to be the costly part in keeping this car running at top performance.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

This car turns heads! I feel so safe in this car! Love it!!

I got the 4WD CHR, base model, CVT auto, in 'Atomic Rush' which is a cherry red colour which shines very glittery in the sun, & the colour looks darker on dull days. This car turns heads everywhere I go! & of course I allways go the long way home! Best of all it only needs servicing every 15,000 kms or yearly (whichever comes first) with Fixed Price servicing for 5 years. I also purchased a Tony White Group Mechanical Protection Plan, giving me 8 years of Warranty with Platinum Road Side Assist for the 8 years, absolute bargain at $995. - cheaper than paying for 8 years of Road Service alone! The CHR is the smoothest drive ever, the CVT transmission is very smooth, it's very 'zippy' & has great take off & loves hills, great handling, quite a lot of power for a 1.2 TURBO. Although it's considered an SUV it feels more like a car. It has 3 drive modes, Normal, Eco or Sport. This car is phenomenal on petrol, it takes only 95 or 98 Premium fuel but it does about 100km for only 6 litres of fuel. (Around town, stop start traffic it uses around 7.5 litres per 100km). The seats are so comfortable, the steering is very precise & the safety features are awesome! It has 7 airbags, lane departure warning which corrects your steering back into the lane if you drift over the line, it also has Driver Survivor alerts for long distance travel, reverse camera, rear cross traffic alert - great for backing out of car spaces, frontal collision warning with emergency breaking, 4 front & 4 rear sensors along with the reverse camera makes it so easy to park, it also has a great turning circle. What I love most is the Cruise Control, when you turn on the cruise control a radar 'locks' onto the the car in front & you can select 3 different travel distances to cruise behind the car in front, if they speed off you continue on doing your speed, but if the car in front slows down you slow down maintaining the safe distance you have pre-selected, if the car in front stops, you stop!, when the front car drives off, you also start driving - the car literally drives itself & brakes on it's own & all you do is steer!! Amazing!! best car I've ever driven. And you can't get better reliability than TOYOTA

BadgeCVT AWD
Date PurchasedOct 2017

The best car ever...I’m in love with it

Driving it is smooth and it will make you wanting to take the longer way to get home from work. I got it in black and yellow and it looks like bumble bee.. and it affordable, it’s around $30k - $40k, it also uses premium petrol, petrol tank is a good size.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Brilliant Design

C-HR Standard 2WD
The C-HR being a cross between a Corolla and a RAV4 provides the high ride comfort in a mid sized hatch. Having owned this for nearly 4 weeks and done 500kms we have found this a comfortable ride offering ease of access and good handling. Fuel economy seems great especially on open road. The 1.2L Turbo engine is smooth and quiet and the CVT is smooth. The vehicle comes standard with many safety systems only found in higher models of other makes. Overall extremely happy and would recommend it for people who are looking for an economical vehicle easy to access. The fixed price yearly service is also great.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great family car

The wavy LED lights that make up the back of the car are accompanied by stylish concave glass that matches the curvature of the lights. It resembles older models, such as he aero-friendly wheels to the frumpy shape, but it's easily the nicest interpretation of the Prius I've seen to the date.

BadgeCVT AWD
Date PurchasedApr 2017

Toyota C-HR Koba

Overall - love the car, looks great, drives great, great fuel economy. Only disappointment is the dated entertainment system and no air con vents in the back seats. Only had the car for a week but very nice to drive and handles well. Steering is really light and seems to sit well on the road. The safety features are 2nd to none, although it takes a little while to get use to the steering correcting its self when you drift out of the lane with the lane detection alret.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Noticed on my Koba that when I lock the car with the smart key fob a single press elicits one beep but two presses elicits two beeps. Both are locking the vehicle but I feel the double press must be activating something else too. Anyone have any ideas?

How does it go up hills with 4 or 5 people in the car? I test drove one today...absolutely loved it...but...I'm concerned about the engine power actually
It goes perfectly when fully loaded. I’ve just driven from Wollongong to Thredbo for a holiday with my mum & daughter, with half the back seat full of luggage & the boot full. It maintained the speed limit up hills & performed perfectly when overtaking, you only have to tap on the acceleration & it takes off, beats all the 10 or so 4 cylinder cars I’ve owned in the past - all of which would lose their speed on the hills when my foot was flat to the floor with the engine struggling - not the case with the CHR. Read my review & take it for a test drive with 3 or 4 of your friends or family

Similar listings