Toyota Tarago XR 10 (1990-2000)

Toyota Tarago XR 10 (1990-2000)

See the Best People Movers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

edwink

edwinkSydney

Family workhorse for over 20 yrs and still going strong

They say Toyotas last for ever and from my experience it has always been true. I also own an 90s corolla and both vehicles have out lasted the delivery trips from bunnings, road trips with the kids around Australia, up the snowys, etc. Performance is impeccable. Love the space in the vechiles. Love the rounded look on mine, i am confident it will keep going for another 20 yrs.

BadgeGetaway II
Engine Size2.4
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedJan 1998

Fostering 6

Fostering 6MILTON

A true thoroughbred.

My most trusted and appreciated possession. Purchased with 230000k's on the clock, now has just under 400000. It just goes and goes and goes with minimal attention. I have had 100s of kids in this car and although its looking a bit tired and worn inside, the airconditioning still works beautifully, the seats are still comfy and the engine just purrs along. My teenage son has requested it be handed down to him if I replace it so it must have some street cred too! Honestly, the best purchase I ever made. Would buy another in a flash.

BadgeGLi
Engine Size2.4
TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedOct 2006

Good

Good

spacy250

spacy250Perth, WA

We have a 1999 model and just about to buy a 2006 GLI. The 1999 model had done 240K with no problems, just the usually maintainance. We will always buy a Tarago as long as the kids live at home. A friend of mine took ours for a drive and loved it so much went out and bought the latest 2007 V6 ultima and sold his Pajero saying the Tarago was so much better for his family than a 4WD.
This is a great car, not for those who want a performance vehicle. Once you get over the
No cruise control is a let down for the price you pay, better carpet and less plastic would be an improvment.

andyshad

andyshadAU

For a cheap people mover this one beats the others hands down. and many of the dearer ones too. We loved it.
The space, the ease of which people could get in and out, vented ac for the passengers, no fuss driving, reliable. great car for its age. I still think it looks good, for a people mover.
Its a bit out dated now , the newer models of kia's and the such have some neat features, but at a price.

krystal16