Toyota Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

Toyota Tarago XR 30 (2000-2006)

See the Best People Movers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Emrah

EmrahBrisbane

I absolutely love it

last year I bought estima Aera g Edition. Very smooth Light interiror. ITs very elegant car. you feel like you are driving 2010 car. The engine is very storng and this model has a lot of features. Automatic doors. Moveble seats. Both windows at the back roll down. Its much better than tarago.

BadgeG edition

BadgeAeras Premium
Engine Size3.0ltr

Dan B

Dan BGold Coast

Great van for camping or families

Very smooth car. Also, very efficient with the gas. lots of interior space. the engine is definitely big enough for its size. You can take the seats out and have lots of room for moving furniture or even for camping. taking the middle seats off is not that easy though. overly, happy with the car.

BadgeGLS
Date PurchasedDec 2016
lin

lin

This is a good car. stable, quiet and easy to drive.

I have 3 pp mover. 1st is tarago, 2nd odyssey, 3rd elgrand. Tarago is a good choice.
I did drive tarago 10 yrs. seldom got problems. No main problem.
Stable, Elgrand>tarago> odyssey.
quiet, tarago>elgrand>odyssey.
cheapest running cost. tarago > elgrand 2.5 > odyssey.
Price cheapest. Odyssey> tarago> elgrand 2.5.
cabin space tarago 7 seat > elgrand 2.5> odyssey.

BadgeGLX
Date PurchasedJan 2005

Yvonne B

Yvonne B

I need infomation on this vehicle

This car has only done 75k which is very low for a car of this age and I would like to hear any problems if anyone has got one or owned one it has been very well looked after and in very good condition I am thinking of buying it but don't know about parts for an imported model

Badgeestima

Amazing hearty car

I have had my Tarago for 11 years. It has only given me trouble when l left on the interior light. When you have 3 kids at all different schools, you need a reliable car. I am ready to update my car, but it is just such a great car to give away. The only gripe I have is that it is not the most comfortable car which was a 2002 Gli. Otherwise the car has been through thick and thin

BadgeGLi

My favourite car so far

mar_lof

mar_lofAU

OK

I would recommend for reliability and space but I can't recomendd for seat configuration. It is dissapointing that it comes with 2 lap belts and only 3 anchor points which makes it difficult for people with more than 3 kids in child seats/boosters.
Very room, nice driver seat adjustability. Nice to drive and very reliable. We have had a secondhand 2005 tarago for 3 years and have had no problems as all.
Having 2 seat with lap belts makes those seat virtually usless unless you use have a baby seat in the middle seat of the middle row. Having no anchor points makes the back middle seat usless in all circumstances untless you are comfortable with compromising safety.

casspice

casspiceSA, 5115

I love this car but Toyota need to re-think seatbelts and anchor points

KateR

KateR

Best car for a med/large family who also carry stuff and need flexibility of space. Reliable, comfortable, versatile and would highly recommend it ------ by why, oh why, did Toyota stop making it!?!?!?
The space is brilliant, nothing quite like it in the market, so it's a real pity they stopped making it! This is my fourth Tarago in a row, since 1993! I was thinking of replacing the current one (new in 2004) so have test driven everything else and none have the space and comfort, so I'll keep mine for now.
Wish the handbrake was somewhere else - it's nice to have space between the seats (the old Tarago had the brake by the driver's seat).

flutterfly

flutterfly

Good

We bought this car due to it's good reputation and are still very happy with our decision.
I would recommend to families with 3 or more kids however the seatbelt issue may be a negative for some depending on childrens ages and the new seatbelt laws.
I love having the extra space, with 4 little ones it's practical and comfortable.
It's great to drive, nice and quiet and easy to park. Also having a sliding door on both sides is handy for accessing children and shopping.
I do dislike the fact that as a people mover a car perhaps for the larger than average family it only has 3 anchor points and has 2 lap only seat belts in the middle seats.

FlickBishop

FlickBishop

shareecordes

shareecordes

The Tarago is fantastic! Ours is a 2001 up to almost 170,000km and never missed a beat. I love having 8 seats, it is so handy for taking friends and family. I think the boot space is great, because of the shape of the back and the way you can move the seats, you can easily pack lots in - I can fit all the luggage for a family of 6 and camping gear in mine - if you can't you are packing too much!!!
(and I never pack higher than the top of the back seat). The best car I've ever had!
Very reliable, Lots of Space, Good looking a very comfortable. Don't know how we could live without 8 seats now!
Expensive

exmond

exmond

nelsongoh

nelsongoh

Good

Excellent, for this vehicle has large enough power to push itself to hold all the people inside the vehicle. Wonderful for touring the family around.
If you have a large family this car would be the untimate choice, giving a large amount of space for the legs and the large number of people who can sit in the car (who are the lucky ones). So many features found in the large vehicle which is good, especially for something so big. Space and comfort and performance is the most ultimate part of a car.
The boot cannot fit alot, for if each person had a luggage each it won't fit.

Best car we have ever owned.

pinksharon

pinksharon

I love my car! It's fantastic to drive and has all the space we need and there is always room for extras.
So much space. I love the way you can move the back 2 rows of seats to just about anywhere in the back of the car.
Anchorage for baby seats is only in the middle row so the only way to access the back seats when baby seats are installed is to climb over them.

rahulnavet

rahulnavetVictoria, 3183

Car is enough strong and powerful to be relied on for both short and long journeys. I am a team manager and has been using this car to carry my team of 6 on daily basis for more than 1 year now. It is my personal favorite among the list of Multi Purpose Vehicles as the maintenance cost is comparatively low while the overall mileage and performance is very satisfactory.
Its a peoples car which is suitable for accommodating a family having mischievous children who needs more space and freedom than anything else.
Boot space is certainly an issue although can be extended by folding in some chairs which means I have to negotiate the seating capacity. Not very good when it comes to climbing up hill