TP-Link AC1200 VR500V

TP-Link AC1200 VR500V

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Aussiebloke34

Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Internet cuts in and out (packet loss I think) and weak WiFi

Internet cuts in and out (packet loss I think) and weak WiFi running on Kogan internet.

Looked for a firmware update to try and fix any of these issues and there is nothing available on TP-Links website.

Number of Connected Devices 4 devices
ISPKogan NBN 100 (Gold)
Ease of Setup

Yucel

YucelSouth East Queensland, QLD

NOT GOOD also Service big problem....

Call centre in Phillipines but they can't do any thing! Talking, asking, talking, asking, talking finally NOTHING! They pass China. You have to WAIT... Long long time..... may be they answer. If not Game Over. Start again. Phillipines .....

Purchased in August 2019 at MSY Technology for $169.00.

Number of Connected Devices 2 devices
Ease of Setup
Foxie

Foxie

Average router

I got this model with Kogan for free. The best part is the voip as its a walk in the park.
However the wifi signal is very weak. I have a two stories brick house and signal wasnt arriving upstairs. I have sorted by running a cable upstairs and creating a wifi extender with old Telstra Gateway modem (which does not work on superloop my new provider). What a shame the signal is weak. Also I was experiencing drop outs with Kogan and it also happened once this morning. For same reason sra is disabled by default. I have now activated it, so do that if you experience drop out.

Purchased in September 2019.

ISPSuperloop
JosephO

JosephOGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent upgrade to my TPlink TD-VG3631

Easy setup with NBN and works well. This is a bare bones model that delivers twin wireless bands so it also works with the latest equipment. VOIP set-up well featured but you must get detailed parameters from your provider. Very good call quality. Wireless on/off scheduling ideal for having young teens at home.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

boneless

bonelessFerny Grove

TP-Link Archer VR500V

The Good : AC1200, gigabit LAN, can handle all kinds of NBN including FTTN, HFC as well as ADSL, external aerials with decent wifi coverage
The Bad: Doesn't handle either VDSL or ADSL well or at all if you are some distance from the exchange.
I had to get mine replaced with another model as my FTTN NBN was experiencing drop outs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018