TP-Link AC1200 VR500V

TP-Link AC1200 VR500V

• Number of Connected Devices 3.333 devices (3)
  • Ease of Setup
  • Wi-Fi Range
  • Reliability
Aussiebloke34

Aussiebloke34Perth, WA

Terrible product, even worse support.

This product constantly drops packets, websites not loading, only to have to push refresh a couple of times to have it pop up, all day every day this happens.

No firmware updates at all.

I contact support, they try and palm you off, I got transferred 4 times, especially when I brought up consumer law and that the product fails to meet its needs so I'm entitled to a refund or at the very least an exchange which they refused on both accounts (basically breaking Australian consumer law)

Was online to support for close to 4 hours and the delay tactics used just to try and get you to go away should be illegal and this company will be reported by myself and I'd advise others to do the same to fair trading.

S.K.

S.K.Illawarra, NSW

Constant drop outs

Had two of these provided by my provider and both failed. Start off alright, but once they start dropping out - forget it. Sent the 2nd one back to the provider today. Is purely used to operate a VoIP line and nothing more and couldn't do that for very long. Would never trust it for a reliable internet or streaming need. Technician came and after all his tests, he said he couldn't be sure but he thinks it's a modem issue. I'd put a bet on that and win too. When you're dealing with the NBN, fttn and this thing for a modem, you know problems will abound.

Purchased in March 2019 for $99.00.

Number of Connected Devices 1 devices
Eddie

EddieLaunceston, TAS

Not a great router

Internet connection is inconsistent and Wi-Fi signal is weak, especially on the 5ghz frequency.

The speeds aren't great and I experience a lot of drop outs with Tangerine Telecom. I would suggest looking at something else.

Purchased in May 2019 at Kogan.com for $71.00.

Number of Connected Devices 7 devices
Routers

Find out how TP-Link AC1200 VR500V compares to other Routers

Yucel

YucelSouth East Queensland, QLD

NOT GOOD also Service big problem....

Call centre in Phillipines but they can't do any thing! Talking, asking, talking, asking, talking finally NOTHING! They pass China. You have to WAIT... Long long time..... may be they answer. If not Game Over. Start again. Phillipines .....

Purchased in August 2019 at MSY Technology for $169.00.

Number of Connected Devices 2 devices
Foxie

Foxie

Average router

I got this model with Kogan for free. The best part is the voip as its a walk in the park.
However the wifi signal is very weak. I have a two stories brick house and signal wasnt arriving upstairs. I have sorted by running a cable upstairs and creating a wifi extender with old Telstra Gateway modem (which does not work on superloop my new provider). What a shame the signal is weak. Also I was experiencing drop outs with Kogan and it also happened once this morning. For same reason sra is disabled by default. I have now activated it, so do that if you experience drop out.

Purchased in September 2019.

ISPSuperloop
JosephO

JosephOGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent upgrade to my TPlink TD-VG3631

Easy setup with NBN and works well. This is a bare bones model that delivers twin wireless bands so it also works with the latest equipment. VOIP set-up well featured but you must get detailed parameters from your provider. Very good call quality. Wireless on/off scheduling ideal for having young teens at home.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
boneless

bonelessFerny Grove

TP-Link Archer VR500V

The Good : AC1200, gigabit LAN, can handle all kinds of NBN including FTTN, HFC as well as ADSL, external aerials with decent wifi coverage
The Bad: Doesn't handle either VDSL or ADSL well or at all if you are some distance from the exchange.
I had to get mine replaced with another model as my FTTN NBN was experiencing drop outs.

Date PurchasedApr 2018