3TP-Link AC2800 Archer VR2800

3.2
3.8

Nick_S
Nick_SSydney, NSW26 posts

Exceptional modem/router. Fast, reliable, and very easy to setup

Rock solid performance from this modem/router. Very strong range, especially on the 5GHz band. Setting it up virtually took 5 minutes. The VR2800 USB Share works great. Sync rates are great as well; we get faster download speeds than what we paid for. Simply beautiful. This is the 4th TP-Link networking appliance we bought. They work with absolutely zero issues. A 3-year warranty on top of all that. Amazing. Bought it from Wireless 1 for a very good price. Show details ·  3
Aus C.
Aus C.

Poor performance

Rubbish wifi compared to old Asus 68 poor buffering and struggling with 4 connections. Very disappointed. Show details
Hunter
Hunter

Unreal customer service

I have only just set this up, so I can’t say too much about the device itself. But the customer service I received was phenomenal. Stella walked me through everything step by step and didn’t show any frustration whatsoever with my lack of technology skills. Show details
Matthew
Matthew

Good router excellent support staff

I've been very happy overall with the performance of this modem / router. But I was very pleased with the speed and simplicity of the support I received from Tina when I needed some help setting up a new internet connection. Very impressed. Show details ·  1
Ben S.
Ben S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Waste of money: Wifi stopped working after a few months, false WiFi speeds were advertised

Modem seemed great at first, it was advertised that it would be getting a firmware update to support 160mhz for faster WiFi speeds. (This was written on the box) However the update has never happened, so they falsely advertised the maximum possible speeds.

After about 6 months of use, the WiFi stopped working completely. Searching online, it seems that this is a common fault and the only option is a replacement. I lost my receipt so was unable to claim it on warranty. However I don't want to replace it with another unit that will likely have the same issue in a few months.

I'm throwing it in the E-Waste bin, and never buying another TP Link product.

StephenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

outstanding Customer Service for this product

Great product, even better customer support when help me find older version of the firmware as the feature I was looking for was not there, Tyrone_yu and Lily went way above what is required when dealing with their customers :) 5 stars all round Show details
Marcus A.
Marcus A.South East Queensland, QLD

Exactly as advertised

Works as advertised and intended.
You'll likely need to speak with your ISP when setting up but this is the same with any other product.
I think negative reviews are from people who expect it to be an immediate plug and play solution or don't understand the set up process.

Connectivity and signal strength is improved from ISP supplied, but our apartment is essentially a Faraday cage so we still need an extender. Show details

Don W.
Don W.8 posts

Ours works fine

Had to get a new router after the last one was zapped by lightning. This one was was easy to set up and has superior wifi coverage through our house compared to the last one. I contacted our ISP Aussie Broadband to check it was totally compatible with their systems, and the technician I spoke to guided me through a couple of tweaks to the settings which gave us a bit more download/streaming speed. Show details ·  1
Bill
BillSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

少 亭.
少 亭.

Overpriced and unstable router

Worst purchase! I bought it because I’m using nbn HFC network and needs Vland tagging. But it gives me so much frustration! Practically have to reset it every single day! Show details
BMT
BMTVictoria
Sanning
SanningSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Get the settings right before judging, esp on NBN. I nearly sold mine but glad I didn't

After getting NBN, make sure you follow the instructions on this page about half way down. https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/TPG-NBN-FTTP-settings-for-TP-Link-Archer-VR2800/td-p/34022

After I did that the difference was light years ahead of the factory settings for NBN. This is why I gave it 4 stars, it's 5 stasr after this recommended tweak (we're with TPG obviously) but very poor before the tweak. Hope this helps :) Show details

David
DavidSydney, NSW24 posts

Great modem on adsl

Been using this modem about a week ago lm using it on adsl with Mate easy setup and no dropouts. great wifi signal never had issue with modem. Just want to know when i move to NBN in 3 weeks time can i use this modem router on nbn Hfc Show details
Evidence-based Thinking
Evidence-based Thinking3 posts

Internet frequently drops out. Previous modem router (Billion) did not have such error with the same ISP

Set up was easy, but internet drops out frequently (several times per hour). Searched the internet and found it is a common error with TP-Link modem routers.

Stay away from TP-Link products. Show details