TP-Link AC1200 Archer C5

TP-Link AC1200 Archer C5

A good solid performer for NBN FTTP (without VOIP)

I just got this when the standard iinet issued modem router stopped sending a wifi signal

Does not have VOIP, but we don't use that function anyway. If you need VOIP, then the Archer600 is the TP-Link version to get instead

Works well with good speed test results on both 2.4 and 5GHz settings; the 5GHz setting does allow for slightly faster results, though only works well within the immediate area of the router - so for us, in the living room, where the router is based. Going beyond that area, requires choosing the 2.4GHz mode, though the reach of this mode is far superior than our old connection, even allowing use in the back yard

Connecting the device takes an additional step that is not explained in the quick set-up instructions. Once in the router setup page (accessed via http://tplinkmodem.net ), you need to choose advanced settings and select wireless router as your connection option and then go back to basic settings to establish the internet connection. I had a frustrating time trying to connect to the internet before discovering this and my telco provider was not able to help, just suggesting that the router was not suitable for FTTP NBN connections, which of course is not correct, you just need to go into advanced settings first. I discovered this when I downloaded the manual online and read carefully the connections section: https://static.tp-link.com/1910012199_Archer%20VR400(EU)_V2_UG.pdf

Overall good value for money and suitable for NBN, including FTTP provided you do not need VOIP

Date PurchasedJan 2019

great router for NBN FTTP

Great router for 3 bedroom house.
Easy setup. good range. functional. reliable.
Its not going to blast signal to the end of the street, But for what you pay for is a simple straight forward easy to use router that is highly recommended for NBN FTTP
Just make sure you have lan cable plugged into the right port on the wall NBN Modem.

Great router!

Previously I was using my carrier's cable modem / wireless router. Besides the fact it was considerably slower the router often dropped my connections. I just assumed it could be because a lot of people in my area have the same carrier / router so they may be interfering with each other with channel interference, etc.I highly rate this wireless router. It's fast, never has issues with connectivity, and it was easy to setup.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Its Alright

The modem isn't too bad. Good for the price you pay for. If I had the money I would definitely buy a netgear. The modem tends to sometimes turn it self off. It this is my third one. I will probably get a better one down the track but for now it does the job.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

perfect

perfect for my needs . my old modem was very old and this new tp modem is strong and fast for my 2 bedroom unit. of course by help of Myra from spintel connected easy. thanks again from Myra . it took 45 minutes and she was very friendly with lots of paeshent with a 76 year old person.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Very good value for money

Is coming with a telstra internet with is also one of the best of the market, due to range of network and effective wifi, the TP-Link AC1200 Archer C5 give the necessarily support to your internet and allow also to connect a telnet yellow cable to computer for faster internet

FANTASTIC MODEM!

I got this modem recently when transferring my NBN over to Kogan. It has been super-fast, has a great range, and is compact. It is small enough to leave on top of my keyboard and doesn't take up much room.

It also is really easy to set up. Took less than 2 minutes to get out of the box and running!

Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Not really impressed by it's performance

I thought this router will work better than the previous single band that was replaced by my provider. The first one was so slow but this router is the worst.

The internet speed always drop especially on the 5Ghz band.until there's no connection at all. I have to reset or restart the router to get back to NBN speed however it will come back again to it's disappointing state.

I am thinking of calling back my provider and request for another one but with different model.

I won't recommend this router. It will just bring disappointments.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Good quality modem

I have been using this modem for about a month and it has worked fine. It has good features and set up was easy. It is pretty good value for money, but I wish the wifi range was extended a little bit further. Overall it is good value, and a quality product.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Eh, maybe look else where

This little piece of plastic came as a bundle with our NBN package (wasn't an option) and based on other reviews, I got lucky cause some people got worse bundled modems.

It worked pretty well for a month, then we started having issues, but we discovered that the constant cut offs were due to interference from our google device and wasn't isolated to just our model (thank goodness).

Since installing an updated custom firmware (no DD-WRT here sorry) it has been chugging along fine.
The signal strength is more than adequate to go up 3 stories (this includes the 5ghz) so I can't complain.

I foresee this router going the distance.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Great value for money

After doing plenty of research for a midrange device from a reputable brand and nbn compatibility we purchased this TP-Link Archer router which has two speeds and is great for long range internet. It was simple to set up. The password for internet is preassigned and is found underneath the device. We've had this installed for four months and it's been quite consistent and there hasn't been any issues so far. It was only $80 and has a three year warranty.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Reliable, fast modem

I bought this very cheap ($70) from MSY. I've been very happy with it, it has excellent coverage all over my house, doesn't drop out at all, and it looks nice and sleek. It works with NBN HFC and does not cause any bottlenecks with 25/5 speed. I highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fantastic low cost router , with good performance

Fantastic product by tplink , Great router, good budget price , no drop outs , just works , using this with the nbn works like a dream , would recommend this router. running dual band ac wifi , you can’t go wrong , nice as fast even for the kids and netflix

Date PurchasedMar 2017

good product for small house

recently purchased this modem, the internet signal was good in general, however, I think this product is only suitable for small household. I have a two level house and placed the router at the lower level, the internet signal was good and reliable downstairs. the signal upstairs is not that reliable though, one of the rooms can't get signals at all.
I understand the product limitation. However I think it will be good if the user manual can include some technique to increase signal range, for example I searched google says there is a way to use two routers to extend the network range. it will be nice if it is on the user manual.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Excellent Wireless Router

This router performs really well. Because of our house layout and the NBN connection, we have to keep this router in a pretty inconvenient part of our house, but we still get great signal through multiple walls and a floor, and we still reach good speeds. We've been very happy with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Good basic router with speed control

This router is functional and stable. It supports NBN, 2.5GHZ and 5GHZ bandwidth. However it can be quite hot when using all it's features and ports. The speed control are fine and interface is user friendly.

The range of this router is quite small, can barely work with 2 walls and less than 15m. This will not be ideal for large household.

Good signals

Bought this as a replacement for my Netcomm, which died suddenly. It has done the job thus far, with no dropouts, disconnection and maintains good Wifi signal for our various machines around the house. Everything was easy to setup and there has not been a problem since start up. It's a nifty machine that performs well.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Does the job

I have a modem from Optus, and it can't cover the whole house. I have tried different products and non of them was transmitting the wifi signal as it is.

This one transmitt the signal and it has 2 frequencies: the 5g and the 2g

I recommend it if you want to boost the wifi signal

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Great performance for its cost.

Purchased from MSY Technology to replace an older D-link router. The Archer C5 is a perfect match for my needs, it is easy to set up, supports strong Wifi security & has great signal strength for my house (4 bedroom + 1 study /w double brick walls). It has been reliable from the get go and I haven't needed to change any settings or tinker with it since setting it up the first time.

The Archer C5 is a great value for money unit which provides plenty of features for my home use (Have mobile phones/tablets/laptops connecting to it - with an average of 10-12 different devices connecting to it at once).

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Best money for value router

We have a 3 bedroom steel framed house large loungeroom and the modem/router is at the opposite end of the house. The dual band 2.4 and 5 KHZ reaches to every corner with ease. The best money for value router. Since upgrading my wireless strength has increased, and the firmware utility is fantastic. I have more than 12 devices running at once all being used an it is capable of handling that. I've had issues like many people with a network going down but that's been the line or provider. I have to say it's worked a treat for me.

Date PurchasedJul 2016