TP-Link AC1900 Archer C9

TP-Link AC1900 Archer C9

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

BrekelHobart

Works well

I've had this running for 3 years now on our FTTP NBN connection without any issues. In that three years, I've only once had to reboot the router to restore connetion. Wifi range is good, we use it with 2.4 and 5GHz, plus sometimes guest network.
Easy setup, advanced options available if you need them, and there's also an Android app that will acces the modem to control a few basic functions (eg turn 2.4/5/Guest networks on/off, see active devices, allow/ban devices).

Purchased in April 2016.

Number of Connected Devices 6 devices
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

MightyJoshQueensland, 4504

A Great Router

After my Netgear D7000 died, I decided on trying the C9. This is by far the easiest router to set up. Took only moments to set up, using the very user friendly UI. Range and speed are as good if not better then the D700. In a big house I struggle to see a massive drop in speeds.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Dwayne T

Dwayne TNashville

Warranty Replacement is a JOKE

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Ros Rav

Ros RavMelbourne

Very impressive router for its price.

It has very good range and is suitable for even a large house. I have mine setup in the garage (fiber optics), and it still reaches upstairs bedrooms and downstairs. The design is also very clean, so it will look good in any shelf or office room.

I can highly recommend this router.

Only 4 stars because I received a faulty router (it was not able to receive power) and had to take it back to replace it. But the shop I purchased at replaced it instantly so no complaints there.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Daniel Gorman

Daniel GormanCanberra

Great Router works well

Well designed works well easy interface Good signal on the wifi complex enough that works well with other routers on the network and smartphones Game consoles great for the NBN FTTP Dual Core CPU so handles video streaming pretty well Netflix Stan Youtube and online gaming as well only had to reset it a few times off hand its been pretty good.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

amin

aminsydney

great product

borrowed from a friend and using it for couple of months now. has a good range coverage in both 2.4 and 5G. connection is stable and fast. USB ports are good for storage sharing but only accepts FAT storage and not NTFS or any other formats which is a shame because it limits the storage size and performance and that's where it loses one star.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

John C

John CMelbourne

Good speed, great wifi coverage.

I needed to extend my wifi coverage downstairs (TP-Link adsl modem wifi upstairs).

I have lan cables throughout the house. Did a bit of research and found this wifi router. Great thing was the familiarity as it was the same brand as my adsl modem.

It was simple to setup using the same SSID as my original network. It has better wifi coverage than my wifi modem. Can't complain really as I now have good wifi reception on both floors & even outside the house.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

jumbeen

jumbeenCentral, SA

Doesn't work with Mobile internet

I don't have land-line access where I live and rely solely on Mobile Internet connection. Unfortunately, I did not realize that the Archer C9 only works with a land-line connection. It turned out to be a very expensive Printer Controller for my old USB printer. So, please don't purchase this if you rely on mobile internet.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
BFD

BFDBowral

Great router for NBN.

Bought one of these routers after struggling with the cheap router that was supplied from my NBN provider. The old router always struggled with wifi speed and range and was quite unreliable. A quick process to change over to the AC1900, and all that changed. Maximum speed wifi from my NBN service, better range and totally reliable. Very impressed and would recommend to NBN users.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
yeohkt

yeohktMelbourne

Fast to config, blazing speed and great performance

got this unit for a large house over 1000m2, unit was running in less than 20min for set up.
speed was amazing . this unit has being very popular as it runs DD-WRT. works with NBN with a bit of tweaking...
its not as cheap as other models but worth the extra $. picked it up at $185

Date PurchasedAug 2016

nwck1

nwck1Warwick

Good Router, great speed

I connected my Macbook pro (2011), iPhone, wireless printer, PC and S5 to the router. All working really well. MacBook connecting with 450 MBps. The only draw back is USB's are not support for Mac disks formats and Mac back up drive cannot be connected to USB. That's the reason I gave only 4 stars.

Tone

ToneSydney

A good-value upgrade for Optus cable wifi

GeeklingoWESTLAKE

A great affordable Wireless AC1900 Router for the SOHO market

Another great product from TP-Link, the Archer C9 is the follow-up to the C7 and smaller sibling to the D9. For the price it's a great affordable wireless router providing AC1900 performance. I've published a mini review: http://geeklingo.net/tp-link-archer-c9-ac1900-wireless-dual-band-gigabit-router-review/

Carlos