3TP-Link AC1900 Archer D9

Reliability
Wi-Fi Range

Johnnyk35Far North Queensland, QLD7 posts

Good but not that good

After my last modem died in a thunder storm, I searched for a mid range/priced Vdsl/Adsl modem router.
I settled on the TP-Link Archer VR900. Easy setup and has many features and is value for money. But I am disappointed that the WiFi range was not as strong as I hopped in fact my old Netgear modem had a better range. Still I am happy with my purchase. 2years old now and still going strong Show details
Overall
Functionality
OttokeMelbourne15 posts

Best Router to replace Default router by SP

Bought this Router as an upgrade to my SP router and was blown away by the stability and speed it can achieve. No drop off, no need resent every day and at 90% speed at all time. Great price and good enough for multiple devices, at my home i am constantly connected with over 5 devices and I have not notice slow speed what so ever. Highly recommended.

Ari
Arimelbourne3 posts

Easy to use

Compared to the router I used earlier, this one is very easy to set up and easy to use. I have used it for a few months and it did not fail me. It satisfy the needs of a gamer. And the coverage is good and the wifi is consistent.

Honest AF
Honest AFGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC9 posts

Great modem

Amazing value (on sale for $129) with a very well reviewed profile. Wifi connection very strong, no issues when I'm across the road in the street. Strong sync speed. Setup once and haven't needed to touch it since. Would recommend compared to buying a starter modem that are regularly included by ISPs.

Xiao
Xiaosydney10 posts

Best modem i have got so far

Strong wall penetration features, comes with build in speed limitations and has dual channels.

good coverage which means i could access the wireless network from my own backyard.

One of the downside is that it doesnt support NBN, which is probably an issue for me in the next few years times when NBN is rolled out to my area.

Vloors
VloorsSydney5 posts

Great range and speed for ADSL2

We were having issues with receiption using the standard DSL router/modem TPG has given us so I decided to purchase this little beauty.

After setting up first thing I noticed was the impressive signal range. Could get reception from one side of the house to the other and even downstairs in the garage.

Only disadvange would be once NBN is installed in our area this router/modem is useless because its not FTTB/FTTN compliant

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW7 posts

Excellent Wifi Range

Had this modem router for a little over 12 months; upgraded from a Billion 7100, wifi range was an immediate improvement. Setup was relatively easy - on TPG ADSL 2+ internet. Paid around $199 for it at the time so it was considered mid-high end. Only bad thing is it's not compatible with VDSL/FTTB so I had to upgrade.

jGarrick
jGarrickMelbourne7 posts

Good reliable Modem/router with Excellent WiFi

Like this device used in on TPG ADSL2 then moved to NBN and still going strong nearly 3 years later, sits upright so has a small desktop footprint, GUI is easy to understand and has useful Parental controls to lock out kids iPad from the Internet during certain times. Looks nice too

Nagel
NagelAU10 posts

Great all around router

Its a great all around router, you can plug in your USB hard drive and printer since it has 2x USB, Its easy to setup. However this model is now end of life so I would not be buying it now since it wont see any more updates to its firmware. It is also NOT compatible with FTTN NBN. But you can still use it together with another FTTN modem if you like.

Hambourne
Hambourne7 posts

Easy to use

Interface is really easy to navigate and setup. I'm a gamer and Netflix streamer so a rely on quality wifi and quality of service, this router others buffer free streaming and lag free gaming (Depending how good your internet that is) Would recommend this for mid range value for money.

Clem
ClemSt Ives4 posts

Good router but break after few months

In general, this modem router is easy to setup and provide good wifi signal, however, it doesn't last long, dhcp function has stopped working, hard reset doesn't help either, this is the first wireless router that only last few months, TP-link confirmed the fault and now waiting for a replacement, otherwise, this is a good modem router.

John
JohnFAIRY MEADOW4 posts

Decent modem and Wi-Fi

I have been using this modem for a while now and I'm mostly happy with it. Connect to the NBN without issue and frequently have top speeds on the 100 MBS plan especially from Steam and local sites. The only issue I have is the Wi-Fi is not as strong as I would like as when I am in different rooms at the house sometimes it changes from 5G to the slower 2.4g and sometimes the connection he's not as strong and fast as I would like. Not a major issue as I'm usually in the room that has the modem in it

Michael
MichaelMelbourne4 posts

Good features

Easy to use good features and decent range. Especially at a discounted price.

One downside is that it does get quite hot and sometimes can throttle during the summer, but it is like 40deg in Australis so take it as you may.

Otherwise fantastic router. Firmware gives good user control.

Dist
DistSydney4 posts

No issues with it

Have had this router for more than one year. Have not had any issues with it at this point in time. I have had about 10 devices connected simultaneously and seems to cope ok. From time to time it may need to reset it ( maybe once every couple of months)

Budi
BudiOakleigh6 posts

Great modem router

This is a great brand of modem router. Unfortunately can't change the SNR setting manually with this modem. Great wifi signal both on 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz, looks good and perform very well. Have usb port to set your usb printer and to share from your usb hard drive as well.