TP-Link VR600V (VoIP)

TP-Link VR600V (VoIP)

See the Best Routers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nice.

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the TPG modem which they provided. now all good. it is working perfectly, smoothly. would recommend anyone to buy and try.

Purchased in January 2019 for $199.00.

Number of Connected Devices 8 devices
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

so far so good

i just want to point out buying a new router wont help if the device on the other end have outdated wifi chips and if your isp dont support the speeds your router clams to output then whats the point in Australia really. my provider is LETSBEMATES there really good and with the tp-link i run power line adaptors on my main pc and i get 84 mbps after 6:00pm so far so good

Purchased in May 2019.

Number of Connected Devices 10 devices
ISPMore Telecom NBN
ModemASUS DSL-AC52U
Functionality
Ease of Setup
Wi-Fi Range
Reliability

Excellent Router with a good price

Bought this router modem when I was having an issue with the provider supplied model (TPG/Huawei). I was thinking of changing the old modem but unfortunately I will lose my VOIP as I don't have the configuration for this. Instead I use the VR600V in bridge mode and use the old one as a modem only. The quality of the connection did change and much better than Huawei, I would like to use the VR600V as my modem-wi-fi but need to research on how to activate/settings of the VOIP.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Voip won't work

Internet wise, haven't had any drop outs yet and has great range compared to other routers I've used. My only issue is I've been unable to get voip working with my provider Spintel. Neither Spintel or TP-Link could solve the issue. I had a TP-Link VR200V before this and it was working fine voip and all.

Pros:
-Great Wifi range (although the signal strength may seem weak as it shows 1 bar or so on my phone the connection is outstanding)
-VOIP capability
-Has 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands
-USB port sharing
-Printer sharing
-Built in answering machine to save to USB and many more phone options

Cons:
-Rather pricey
-Took some time to set up my NBN due to and tricky option 'Operation Mode' that was not set correctly.
-Voip not working with my provider.

Bottom Line: I bought this model for the viop option but are unable to get it working. I'm left with no options now but to return it a second time.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018