Travelmarvel

Sapphire, Jewel, Diamond (See All)
See the Best Cruises in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Travelmarvel? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Length12.556 days
  • Staff

merx  Brisbane
merx BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away from APT Marvel

Booked with Marvel 2 + years ago then had to extend our cruise date out 12 months and of course had to change cos original trip was no longer, then when next date rolled round we cancelled rather than move our trip out, same as others they kept 20 + % after others actions so would never deal with APT or Travel Marvel.
Took months to get our refund feel sorry for our travel agent they are treated no different, don't give a damn so don't take a risk they are not worth it APT and associated Companies.

Newport Lad
Newport LadNewport

Terrible service.

Loved it

3 other ladies and myself just arrived back from a fantastic holiday touring Queensland from Cairns to the Gold Coast. The accommodation was in the best hotels and the driver come guide couldn't do enough to make our holiday a memorable one. We also went to Hamilton Island, Australia Zoo and Fraser Island. Loved it and would recommend any one to do the tour.

Nil goodwill

Booked Rhine River cruise, covid interrupted, ACCC intervened, only lost 17%, they wanted 50%. Would never recommend them to anyone. No goodwill with Travelmarvel. Sad ending to an expected journey.

Soli Khambatta
Soli KhambattaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reputation Tainted .

We booked a tour for 2 which was cancelled by Travel Marvel due to Covid -19. When asked for a refund we were offered $11,372.50, and they kept $3,818.00 as an unexplained fee. We sent them three medical certificates (two by Specialists and one from our GP), we were then told the fee would be $2,248.00. There is no chance of us travelling in future but it made no difference when we appealed again.
We always travelled with APT and held them in high esteem as we were overwhelmed with their service and recommended them to our friends. We were very disappointed with the outcome of our request for a full refund.

Lynn Nancarrow
Lynn NancarrowMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tour from Amsterdam to Budapest.

I had a tour booked leaving in October 2020 but was cancelled by Travelmarvel because of Covid 19. Travelmarvel have been uncooperative and are demanding $2700 from my full payment of $12000 which they have had since 2nd January 2020. Now they are telling me that it will take up to 90 days for the refund to be paid. I will certainly not ever travel with them in the future and will make a point of letting everyone know what a disgraceful organization they are.

Debbie
DebbieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

If you don't mind losing thousands of dollars, pick this one

Rob Thiele
Rob ThieleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excessive cancellation fees

Our Canada trip scheduled for May 2020 was cancelled due to COVID 19. We requested a refund due to uncertainty of future travel, however TravelMarvel declined to explain the $6,000 fee they imposed against our $24,000 trip cost. We wrote to them several times enquiring why we should wear the cost of a fee for a trip cancelled through no fault of ours. They stuck to their legal obligations and refused to consider the impact on us as their customers. We expected better of an Australian company who are a Platinum partner of the RAA travel section. Based on their lack of transparency with third party costs and the excessive fee charged, we would not recommend TravelMarvel to anyone.

Robyn
RobynMILL PARK

Don't travel with them.

We hoped to go to Scotland this June, because of covid 19 travelmarvel cancelled it. Fair enough. We paid 8mths in advance and my husband has Parkinson's disease & it was our very last time to travel, travelmarvel won't return our money and want it in credit until 31/12/2022. Parkinson's disease is progressive and I know that it will be impossible for us to travel again because of health reasons. Our trip cost $7000 and travelmarvel has said they are keeping $3000 for fees etc. We feel very ripped off..

Joden
JodenDarling Downs, QLD

Never Again!

We booked through our local travel agent a trip to Canada and Alaska With Travelmarvel to depart Australia on May 20th 2020. We paid the full amount for the trip over 12 months in advance to get a free flight. We are unable to get a refund from Travelmarvel, as the trip is cancelled due to Covid19. They offer the “same trip” in 2021 for the “same price“, except it’s not the same. Three days have been cut off the trip, but for the same amount we paid. This is highly unethical. Travelmarvel has had our $23,500.00 approx for over 12 months already and it looks like it will be at least another 12 months before overseas travel is possible. They refuse a refund. Next step, the Ombudsman? Class action?

Margaret
MargaretCanberra

Not interested in potential customers

Susan
SusanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thankfulness

I have just come off a cruise Cambodia & Vietnam, I had a fall & had to have stitches the tour director was marvellous, he took me to a clinic & stayed with me the whole time, I also got sick & had to go to hospital, once again the staff were fantastic,I cannot say enough good things about Travelmarvel ,this is my second cruise with them,& I would not hesitate to go with them again, A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO ONE & ALL. Susan Abram 4/02/ 2020

Bob H
Bob HSydney, NSW

No refund deposit

WE made a booking for a cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest for August next year.
The deposit was $1000 per person. Now due to a change in family circumstances we cant go.
We have been told that we will NOT get our deposit back.
How unfair and unreasonable is that .
I am posting this so all prospective travellers can be aware of this money grabbing racket.

Travel Marvel is a joke

The tour leader was arrogant and asked us to leave the initial meeting because we didn't wear name tags despite 90% of the room not wearing them. I suspect cause most people attending are white Englishmen and we were not which led to a poor start to the tour.

She seemed largely misinformed and unable to share any real knowledge on the tour and relied completely on the local guide. Not sure why she was even there if she couldn't add anything to the tour.

Also lacked information to provide to australian tourists around transfers etc and was purely focused on her UK consumers.

I'd highly reccomend a different tour company. You can't do worse.

Ric