TravelSim

$$Rip off to keep account active, courtesy of Travelsim

Bought one in 2012 and it served its purpose when I went overseas back then. Have continued to pay $5 every 6 months to keep active, so I wouldn't lose my existing credit, thinking I could at least use on my next overseas trip. Wrong! They have now conveniently "upgraded" their plans, with limited options, either pay more money to get a new SIM, or lose existing credit. Naturally the existing credit is nonrefundable. It's a sneaky way of making money because some people like me will no longer pay more, & lose their account credit.
I don't know what the service is like in 2019 because I haven't had to use it, but don't get sucked in to the endless spiral of paying out money like I did to keep the existing credit active.

Purchased in April 2012.

John Parker

John ParkerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Total waste of time and money

I purchased the Australia Post TravelSIM for use in Indonesia.
It was activated and I was given the new phone number.
It would not connect to any network.
After numerous contacts I was told that it would only connect to Optus in Australia. No problem my other mobile is on Optus.
It would not connect. I replaced the TravelSIM with my Optus SIM. Phone connected to the Optus network and worked perfectly.
I replaced it with a Telstra prepaid SIM. Again the phone connects to the Telstra network and worked perfectly.

Purchased in November 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $30.00.

Greg Bunton

Greg BuntonSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Dont bother

Impossible to top up credit from overseas. Tried their website from numerous devices and locations and would not load. Do not use this company. I gave up trying to top up my credit after 4 days of trying and many emails. Simply not helpful at all

Purchased in October 2019 for $25.00.

Sam S.

Sam S.Sydney, NSW

Don't depend on it for your overseas holiday

Purchased in July 2019 for $100.00.

Phil

PhilSydney Surrounds, NSW

Another 100% crap

In Phuket now, with recently updated data option for region. To get out of trouble had to buy a cheap local sim. It works well. Think before you buy. Good luck finding a decent sim.

Purchased in September 2019 for $50.00.

1000% crap

Purchased in July 2018.

Kym

KymMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware - No refund of unused credit

I bought a twin pack for a recent trip overseas and put credit on both cards to cover our time away. The travel sims worked perfectly overseas.

Now that we have returned home I wanted to close my accounts and get my remaining credit refunded only to be told:
"Unfortunately the credit on your account is non refundable.
Cheers,
TravelSIM Team"
and
"Our agent has updated your request (36984)."

This has now made the Travel Sim a very expensive option for our travel.
This important detail needs to highlighted during the purchase and credit phases.

Purchased in June 2019 at Australia Post Offices.

seachangeau

seachangeau

Expensive 3g data in uk

Would have got 12gb for less from another provider who mails out sim but decided to buy in postshop thinking they help u activate it - they dont. Was in uk and 3g very slow.

Purchased in June 2019 at Australia Post Offices for $50.00.

Fine for limited data - Phone calls are painful

Purchased in January 2019 for $100.00.

Eye-wateringly pricey

Purchased in April 2019 at Warringah Mall, NSW.

yoolie

travelsim.com: could not use this sim at all for phone calls in Lebanon

I am reviewing travelsim.com..there is another travel sim with a name like this one but with a different web address. Sim meant to work in Lebanon and neither myself or friend were able to use it to call home in Australia or to make local calls to relatives. Read data package info very carefully..no data for middle east only Europe as far as I could tell. Data did not work in Jordan but calls OK. Calls & data worked In Scotland. This sim routes calls through an Estonian number. The number you get with the sim has the Estonian prefix of +372.

Purchased in March 2019 for $70.00.

FairLadySydney, NSW

Could not use data overseas!!

I wish I had read the reviews before purchasing travelsim. I could not use the data at all, while overseas. I still have the full balance. How can I get a refund on this?

Purchased in April 2019.

superkat

superkatSydney, NSW

TravelSIM multi country usage

I had trouble using this product for data. I set up per instructions but had to seek help from Singapore. I used a significant portion of credit trying to connect to networks in Norway, which was disappointing.Next time I would choose another product.

Purchased in November 2018.

Hannah

Hannah

Very good sim for using abroad

Used Travelsim when I was in Japan on a business trip and had no issues whatsoever. Had to keep in touch with my dad who was sick at the time and despite his bad hearing he could hear me without issues (something I've got a lot of problems with with other providers). Rates are reasonable for international calls and the calls go through every time. Cheers!

Purchased in January 2018.

stm110

stm110Kambah 2902, ACT

Complicated and expensive

We had some surplus funds left on the cards after traveling in Europe and wanted to use this for email contacts when travelling in Australia.
First of all, 25 c per MB is very expensive.
Second, when trying to use a phone to connect the computer to internet it failed to activate hotspot, responding that if you need a hotspot contact vf.nl. The site vf.nl is actually listed for sale, obviously not vodafone. In the end, we could not send email messages.
The cards worked in Europe, but again to use them is complicated and expensive.
Buying a local SIM is way cheaper and simpler.

Purchased in May 2018.

Clarify all Before you go

Purchased in December 2018.

Lawrence

LawrenceGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great sim to have in your phone when going overseas

The sim actually worked on a cruise ship on my way from Sydney to Noumea. This saved me money having to buy internet from the ship and kept me in touch with my loved ones back in Australia.

Purchased in May 2013 at Australia Post Offices for $45.00.

TravelSIM A.TravelSim

Hi Lawrence, We really appreciate your review and hope to travel again with you very soon!

Review collected in partnership with TravelSim

Simple great coverage and excellent customer service

Easy to set up , always someone on hand to help via the app or email for those just in cases! Great coverage. Highly recommend when travelling overseas. We used in Fiji and USA. I sometimes had trouble seeing my balance on the app. Apparently this has been updated. We had the double pack sim, which was a free way to communicate within our travel group.

Purchased in November 2018 for $30.00.

TravelSIM A.TravelSim

We love to hear from our happy customers, Linda. Thanks for choosing TravelSim!

Review collected in partnership with TravelSim

Unused credit will NOT be refunded.

Rob
Rob

Great value. Great way to stay in touch.

My wife and I and our 4 teenage sons travelled to Japan and Singapore. We all purchased Travel Sims. The free texts between family members was an invaluable way to keep in touch. And the voice rate was low enough for my wife to call her father back in Aus regularly to say hello. Great product. Easiest way to use voice and text while overseas.
Regards,

TravelSIM A.TravelSim

It's great to see your needs are being met, Dean. Thanks for the kind words on our customer service, and thanks for choosing TravelSim!