Uniden SSE35

Uniden SSE35

SSE35, SSE35+1 and SSE35+P

See the Best Home Phones in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Nothing but trouble

Since buying this for my business a month or so ago it's been playing up more than working. 'Out of range' and actually not allowing incoming phone calls because of it means a loss of business to me. Googling the issue to see it it is a quick fix made me realise it's a very common problem and probably a defect of the phone!? Not impressed. I'll be steering clear of this brand when I purchase another to replace this!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jeja

JejaNSW, 2217

Does what it says on the box

Needed an easy to use handset for an elderly grandparent suffering from dementia and almost deaf so had to be very easy to use. Very happy with the purchase as the device is sturdy, easy to hear and notice when it rings and sound is very good. Yes it is chunky but for someone with dementia and visual impairments it is just what is needed. Happy to recommend

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ursula

UrsulaHarrington

Its good enough to us. We are pensionaer and understand and use this phon succesful.

That phon working succesful for us. We are happy with them. Working good. Easy to handle ecspecily for older People. Phonbook easy to use to.
Das Telefon wirkt gut. Wir sind damit zufrieden. Ist gut zu bedienen speziell für aeltere menschen mit seh-und hoerproblemen. Also können wir es bestens weiter empfehlen.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
HCM

HCMBrisbane

Poor range

Purchased sse35 after many years of happy service from a SSE27. The difference is astounding. The SSE35 declares itself "out of range" at about 15m from the base station (same location as previous base station) Basically the phone transmission range is about 1/4 of the previous model and cant be used outside the house. Really not suitable given we live on acreage. Unfortunately it has taken a couple of months to determine that it was not "user error", but the nature of the product. Unbelievable!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Aberfeldy

AberfeldyAU

Not userfriendly

The phone works perfectly on outwards calls but it is impossible to receive a call or a message.
The manual is incomprehensible and it is impossible to get it to work properly, despite many attempts.
On that basis, it has to be classified as not fit for purpose and therefore junk.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

chris

chrisnorth tamborine

How to put the ringer on

Good big letters for oder generation. Nice and loud with the booster function. Very happy with the phone.
Its good for the older generation, but they cannot unfortunately ring the phonebook selections because theres too
many steps to do that. The price was in relation to the functions of the phone ok.

Date PurchasedApr 2010

Lousy Product

Have trouble with volume, hardly hear caller. Phone rings pick up to answer goes straight to leave message. When going back to point of purchase they do not want to help, they tell you only 1 month warranty with them,Won't refund your money. Don't buy, do not buy this Product.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

John Carson

John CarsonSydney

Terrible interface

Date PurchasedMay 2016

No Speed dial

Bought the phone for elderly parent who is hearing impaired. No problems so far... is able to hear clearly without wearing hearing aids. However... to make ph calls easier to make...discovered there is NO SPEED DIAL!! The process to locate the stored ph number to make a call is so labour intensive for the elderly...you would be quicker to put the number in yourself. This process needs to be easier for the elderly...such a great ph in other aspects... but seriously needs SPEED DIALING!!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

We have 4 phones and only one will ring

Darn useless phones. Brand new and we are having heaps of trouble with them.'Can only get one phone to ring. Manual useless. We purchased 2 x handset and one extension. Tried everything and cannot get them to work. On the phone that does ring we cannot change the ring tone or the volume - we are missing calls all the time.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

lily

lilytoowoomba qld

not able to have handset 2 with incoming call volume

handset 2 unable to make ring in volume and delete t coil. am I able to return to good guys retail store for more
ease of tuning in phone. have no further comments to make. have no further comments need your reply and assistance. hoping for help or do I return product. lillian field

MMR

Crap phone

Frustrated Dyson Owner

Frustrated Dyson OwnerSydney, NSW

Great phone

I have a hearing impairment this is the only brand phone I can hear on. I have had this model for a while now, I have had no problems with it, I find it easy to use, its great having the announce caller feature, I no longer answer annoying overseas telemarketing calls. I find it easy to use and I would buy again if I needed to. I am in process of purchasing one for my mother as she also has hearing problems.

wendyprzygoda

wendyprzygodaBoonah

A little disappointed with a brand I have trusted for many years

I have always purchased Uniden cordless phones as they have always had a good range (we live on acreage), were reliable and also had a headset connection. I am however a little disappointed with the SSE35. I purchased this model as my hubby is starting to need to use glasses for close up reading and also needed something with a loud ringer as we want to hear it down at our shed. So from that perspective, the phone is great however the downside is that the speaker on the handset is always a little distorted and the phone has poor battery life. I am hoping that Uniden can fix these issues as my daughter has the same handset and has also given me identical feedback.

John .O

John .O

Trickle Charge

Purchased what we thought was a good looking phone, however not aware it takes 15 to 20 hours to charge, they call in Trickle Charging. Unfortunately after 24 hours of Trickle charging our handset was dead as a dodo only raising enough energy to advise 'battery low charge handset'. It makes you wonder if you had a long conversation on this handset, how many hours would you have to wait for it to recover for another phone call. Uniden should try to improve it's battery charge arrangement as it's one of few phones which has a decent size handset.

Anne

AnneMelbourne

Good vs Bad

Phone book to difficult for my 91 year old father to access.
Also, I cannot find a speed dial function to get around this problem.
Large numbers are wonderful for elderly and the end button a clear reminder that you need to do this!

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

Attractive phone, let down by sub-par performance

Great but 1 draw back for visually impaired

We bought this for a visually impaired person and based our buying on the 'look/feel' of the phone and apparent ease of use. Also, on the marketing that it was for visually and hearing impaired users. Overall quite happy with the performance of the phone and ease of use. See 'cons' for a significant drawback for us.
- large black numbers on white background make it easy for user to see without glasses, simple to use answering machine.
- it takes 6 (SIX!) key presses to access the numbers in the phonebook. For visually impaired users, this is not really ideal. Many other phones have a button on the keypad that takes you straight to the phonebook. At the very least, make it the first option in the menu.

Sound buy

Winnie L.asked

bought SSE35 with 3 handsets. within less than a month, all handsets started to display "message" icon while no message at all. Even the base unit show "0" message. Also the visual ringer keeps blinking all time. Tried to re-set in Advanced setup. Both message icon and visual ringer blinking are gone for less than 10 minutes and then came back. Tried called in to leave a message , then tried to delete "all messages" hoping to remove the "0" message, but still no luck. Annoying to see red lights blinking all day, especially in the dark at night in next to my bed.

Uniden A.Uniden

Thank you for contacting Uniden Australia. Please follow the instructions below to remove the flashing lights.

Scroll down to Advanced Setup
Scroll down to VMWI Reset
Scroll up to YES
Press Menu

After the resetting, if the red light still flashes, it means you have a message bank on the line.
The only default greeting we provide with the phone is the automated male American voice.Anything different that is heard, when calling in, will be the Message Bank service on the line.
Please contact your service provider, (Telstra, Optus etc) and inform them to deactivate the message bank they have put on for you.

Once this is done, all messages will come directly to the Uniden answering machine and the flashing will stop and also the dial tone will revert back to normal. Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Winnie L.

Thanks a lot. I tried this and it seems working now. Big thanks for your prompt reply. Technical support for customers is very important. Thanks to Uniden's reply to give technical advice.

Kara E.

Kara E.asked

is this NBN compatble

Uniden A.Uniden

Thank you for your review.

Your model has been tested to work on the same PSTN lines as the NBN.

It should be able to make and receive calls fine.

Angeasked

I'm not sure how to tell what model my uniden set is. I want to purchase an extra handset. All I can find is Uniden XDECT extended digital, loud and clear. Is there a secret place the model no is hiding that I can't find? I've inherited the system and want to use it.

Hi Ange,

If you have the SSE35 phone as pictured above, then the additional handset you will need is the SSE06.

This handset is available on our online shop on the following link;

Ange

The phone I have is white, I don't think it is the one above, I can't work out where the model number is on the actual phone?

Hi Ange,

You can find the model at the back of the base station. There should be a white sticker with a few letters followed by about four numbers.

You can also find the model inside the handset if it is cordless.

If you slide the back cover off the handset and then left the battery up, there should be a model there and serial number.

Get an answer from our members and Uniden representatives

Uniden Visual and Hearing Impaired SSE35+1