Vaalia Low Fat Yoghurts

Vaalia Low Fat Yoghurts

See the Best Yoghurts in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Vaalia? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jane Lisle
Jane LisleAU

Lemon yogurt had changed~ for the worse

I used to always buy the 4 pack of Vaalia lemon creme. It was so lemony and the texture was almost like cheesecake ~ delicious! Well, not any more. The texture is a lot thinner and the flavour is less lemony and more milky sour. It used to be one of those fairly healthy treats but I'm not buying it any more. Such a shame. Why change such a great recipe?

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $4.00.

Karen
KarenSydney, NSW

Unhappy

I've been buying Vaalia probiotic yogurt in French Vanilla for my daughter who loves it for years. It had the perfect consistency and taste. I don't like yogurt myself but when tasting this Vaalia, I loved it!! So I made a point of buying when I can. So on purchasing the perfect Vaalia yogurt once again I found this one tasted sour and I don't do sour. It's horrible!!! I came on here to voice my opinion about it only to discover that a lot of customers are complaining about the new horrible taste. Well, I won't be buying it anymore!! I wonder how many more customers you'll lose before you realize you should have left it alone.

Purchased in November 2020 at ALDI.

Rosie
RosieNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Texture change & slight taste change.

After speaking with to a Vaalia rep. on 1800676961 today 20/10 , have been told that the formulation has now changed.
This is disappointing, as I have been buying Vaalia for a long time.
The texture is now ‘sloppy’and a slight change in taste.
If it ‘ain’t broke don’t fix it’.
I will now have to look for a new yogurt, as now not enjoying this product.

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles.

Welma
WelmaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Texture change and container labelling

We’ve been using Vaalia yoghurt for so many years but we’ve noticed a lot of texture inconsistency for some time now. Latest disappointment was the packaging, the “natural” and “vanilla “ flavoured yoghurt containers looks harder to identify quickly particularly in the eyes of seniors or people with disability . Slightly bold label or colour should help to identify the difference between the two varieties. We still love the taste so we will continue to buy It ...for now. This is a self review .

Purchased in October 2020 at Woolworths for $5.50.

Richard
RichardHobart, TAS

Recipe has changed and I don't like it.

The new formula is runny and without texture like the cheaper yoghurts. I had to put the spoon away and take out a straw!

Purchased in October 2020.

Renae
Renae

Texture has changed & it has

I've been buying Vaalia probiotic yoghurt in French Vanilla for years. I've always been very picky when it comes to the taste of yoghurt & found that this Vaalia was the best. It had the perfect consistency, texture & taste.
I'm extremely disappointed that this has now changed.
When reading the ingredients I couldn't see the change but when i compared the actual product to the old formula, there is a clear difference. The new product is a bit grainy, the old formula was completely smooth. There is also a subtle sour taste now which I can't stand.
Vaalia have also sneakily reduced the size of the tub & charge more now.
I'm on the hunt for a new favorite yoghurt

Purchased for $5.80.

Lynne Healey
Lynne HealeyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quality has deteriorated

We have used Vaalia probiotic natural Yoghurt for some years now and have become more and more disappointed with mainly the consistency but also the taste. It seems to have become more salty but is now close to being drinkable. I opened a container yesterday and poured off almost a cup of water before serving it. It was still too runny. Enough. Goodbye Vaalia.

Purchased in August 2020.

Claire A.
Claire A.South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing new flavour in smaller packaging

Preferred early 2020 flavour, not a fan of the new consistency or texture
Fairly sure it has reduced from 1L to 900ml at the same price

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Naima Mohamed
Naima MohamedPerth, WA

Great Yogurt!

To be honest, I actually enjoy Vaalia probiotic yogurt. The new flavors are sensational, especially the lemon cream and vanilla. I see from the reviews that the packaging seems difficult and often frustrating however I don't have a single problem with the package itself. Good Brand, Good Product!

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $4.00.

Inez
InezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Happy with the yoghurt, flimsy lid

The flimsy lid doesn't seal well at all. When you handle the container the lid can pop off and spillage is often the result. It is all rather frustrating.

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $5.50.

Brooke
BrookeMelbourne

Never buying Vaalia again.

I've been a massive fan of Vaalia over the years as it's been my go-to yoghurt.

As if downsizing the product wasn't bad enough, they then decided to change the container to be cylindrical in shape which makes it 100X harder to get a firm grasp of when picking the slippery container up with one hand out of the fridge.

But the worst thing out of all is how utterly disgusting the new taste of the product is. Not only is it borderline liquified, its taste is completely unstomachable. I wanted to gag when I first tasted the new recipe.

I hope the change was worth it.

Bye Felicia.

Excellent yogurt, terrible packaging

Purchased in August 2019.

Cricklet
CrickletSouth East Queensland, QLD

Vaalia yogurt

I am not happy with new taste either tastes slightly sour have already thrown one full container out thinking it may have just gone off a little but I've just opened new container and will be throwing it out to and changing brands.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Janette Hunter
Janette Hunter

Sudden taste - less sweet

I don’t enjoy the new taste. Have no idea why you changed it. It seems to be the recent batch with an August use by date. This has been my favourite yoghurt for several years. Will now be tasting other brands.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths.

bengy
bengyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Good Product

I am very happy with the product. However very disappointed with the new container.
The lid is very difficult to snap into place, causing the top often to come loose while putting away.
This happens when the container is grabbed to put away the lid pops off. Also I have small hands and find it difficult to grab hold of to move around.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Chris W.
Chris W.asked

Can it be frozen ?

Jan P.
Jan P.asked

How come Vaalia is now being sold in a small size it used to be 1letre but now is only 900mls for the same price, that is a catch penny. so wrong.

BlueEyesTrina
BlueEyesTrinaasked

Where is the PASSIONFRUIT and MANGO flavour big tubs? (900ml round, thought it was 1ltr?). Everyone seems to be unhappy with the new tub style. When it first changed, I rang the number on the tub and was informed they were rectifying the loose lid problem and to make sure to avoid DUE DATE batches. Think they probably should have been recalled. Really getting bored with only these flavours (FRENCH VANILLA, LUSCIOUS BERRIES AND BLUEBERRY). The taste has been AOK, you just make sure you give it a good stir before spooning it into your bowl. Also, when I have mine, I mix in 1/4 cup of raw mixed nuts and energy mix raw nuts, with ground cinnamon sprinkled on top. Love it and because I am a Diabetic Type II and (from memory), was informed by Diabetes Queensland that this is the best yoghurt for my medical condition. I am aware the lid can come off if you're not careful but I always am so not a huge problem. Those with a household to feed, different story I would imagine. Thank you for listening! PS I love the lemon flavour - is it possible to introduce that delicious flavour to the big tub?

See all Vaalia Low Fat Yoghurts questions