Vicks Fever InSight V916C-AUS

Vicks Fever InSight V916C-AUS

See the Best Baby Thermometers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Disappointed
DisappointedNorthern Region, NSW

Useless

Bought in Australia, used once then died. Took battery out, replaced it, worked once then died. Battery now jammed and can’t be removed. Into the bin. Complete waste of money.

Purchased in March 2021 for $30.00.

Jessey
Jessey

Doesn’t work

I bought it as it was all my chemist had available. My almost 3yo has a temp but every time I use the thermometer it changes.

Almost had a heart attack when it said my sons temp was 39.7. Tried again instantly after wiping, 38.7. Then two different temps again, tried other arm and even leg.

I will test it min 4 times in one go under both arms and get a different reading every time.

Purchased in April 2021 for $26.00.

Not worth it! Buyer beware.

It changed from C to F and the instructions to change it back didn't work. So it remained on F till it died.
Lifetime warranty... where is the link?
This brand is the only one sold by my nearest pharmacy and I had to buy another because I need to take my temperature several times a day.
Find a better product, this is a waste of money.
This review goes to a US site and I cannot put an honest place of purchase. I bought it in Australia from a pharmacy chain.

Purchased in March 2020 for $29.99.

Mamabear712
Mamabear712

Turned to F and couldn’t get back to C

After the battery died we replaced it and tried to set it back to C as per Vicks instructions. Wouldn’t go back to C and we had to buy another brand. Don’t recommend - not worth the money.

Purchased in January 2021 for $23.00.

egemen
egemenbundaberg

rubbish

very inconsistent very in accurate the battery does not last
Uncommon battery size 1225 a lot of places don’t stock that size, you have to order a 5 pack of them specifically online and they go flat with in 6months and you only used the Thermometer once.
Inconsistent temperatures shows green all good but the child is over temperature warm
You know something is not right

Purchased in April 2020.

ktrndn
ktrndnSouth East Queensland, QLD

I'm no expert...

but I definitely don't think this thermometer works the way it is meant to. Every single reading is 36.something. I've tested 4 of us tonight and we are all running around the same temp, even after hopping straight out of a warm shower.

Purchased in April 2020.

StephenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Inaccurate

We first have the Cherub baby 2-1 thermometer but wasn’t happy with it so we bought the Vicks Fever Insight thermometer. At first it was ok but the second day it became inaccurate. My son felt hot but the temperature was a bit low. We check both underarms just to be sure but there was a significant difference with the temperatures. For it’s price of $22 I thought it was going to be better but not.

Purchased in August 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $21.50.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.29 Nov 2021
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum
The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
Scheherezade_C
Scheherezade_CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Take your temp 36.8 feeling that’s wrong take it again straight away. 37.6
Take again a few mins later 37.1.
Use Vick’s forehead thermometer 36.9
Back to under tongue 37.4
Straight away other side of tongue 37.0

Worst Thermometer ever.

Purchased in May 2018 at Coles for $30.00.

Jols
Jols

Not accurate

Under arm daughter is 36.7 Under tongue 39.8. I know she has a fever. Goosebumps , hot to touch her body but saying shes cold. I dont usually put under tongue but due to continual reading under arm showing ok I did so .

Purchased in October 2019 for $20.00.

PollyCanberra

Cannot replace battery

This thermometer was used about 4 times before it needed a new battery which I cannot get in any normal store (supermarkets, Mr Minute etc). Dont buy, not worth it

Purchased in April 2019 for $40.00.

Hugo
HugoSydney, NSW

Battery empty after 4 days. Exotic batteries

This thermometer takes batteries that are not available at Woolies, Coles or my Chemist Warehouse. Measurement is imprecise, but gets there if you measure 2-3 times in a row. The coloured display and large numbers are a plus tho. The "feature" of showing previous result at startup is very confusing.

Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers
Customer ServiceVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Very inaccurate. Going straight in the bin

this is inaccurate. Used on myself and it said I was 37. I knew it was wrong because I could tell I had a fever. Went to the doctors half an hour later and had a temp of 39.9. Went home and straight away used it again and it said 36.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles for $25.00.

massi
massiSydney, NSW

Inaccurate

Please don’t trust it and don’t give your poor children medications because of this rubbish! I gave my poor baby Panadol twice a time because that showed 38.5 degrees fever!

Purchased in July 2018 at Baby Bunting for $10.00.

Terri
TerriSydney, NSW

Waste of money

Wish I had of read reviews before wasting money on this useless product my son has been running a temperature and I cannot get an accurate reading One second it is red and the next second green it’s absolute rubbish will be going in the bin !!!! Don’t waste your money on it

Purchased in February 2019 at Priceline for $24.99.

Meljai
MeljaiBrisbane

Not accurate

I have been using the Vicks Fever InSight for around 12-months and it is not accurate. I am bitterly disappointed with this product and would not recommend this to anyone.

My daughter had a fever all of this week and the Vicks Fever InSight measured her temperature within the normal range, I had eve taken it to our GP to show.