Vicks V977 Forehead

Vicks V977 Forehead

Inaccurate and dangerous

Purchased this to use on my three young children. It gives very inaccurate readings. I tested it against an underarm thermometer and the readings varied up to 2 degrees. Terrible product and should be recalled I want my money back

Purchased in September 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $80.00.

Not accurate by over a degree. Not consistent and therefore dangerous

We had a GP take a reading on his equipment and compared it immediately with this thermometer. It was showing around 1 degree celcious less on the Vicks thermometer on 3 different people. Not reliable at all and therefore can cause serious harm.

LKL

LKLCanberra 2600, ACT

Don't waste your money

If I could give it 0 stars I would, dangerous product, my son had a temp of 38.3 and this product was giving a reading of 36.1, would not recommend the purchase

Purchased in October 2018 for $55.00.

KatrinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not even close to good enough

Very very inaccurate readings. Had my 2yo daughter showing as 35.7c (so pretty much dead) and she had a temp of 39.5!!!! Unbelievable. Don't waste $60 on this. And if you have, I'm sorry you'll endure the same pain as we did.

Purchased in October 2017 at Chemist Warehouse for $69.95.

Tiff

TiffCentral Queensland, QLD

Needs to be recalled

Disgusting this is still being sold. Will use 3 times in a row, exactly the same position & get 3 vastly different results. Purchased to use on my new baby & its terrifying that he could be sick & I might doubt myself because of this terrible product. Wish I seen these reviews before I purchased. These need to be recalled & refunded.

Purchased in August 2019 at Direct Chemist Outlet for $69.00.

Inaccurate

I had an obvious fever and was shaking, the thermometer said my temperature was 36 degrees. When I got to the hospital it was 40! This product is a waste of money and incredibly inaccurate.

Purchased in November 2018 at Baby Bunting for $50.00.

Andrew.B

Andrew.BSouth East Queensland, QLD

0 stars

What a god dam disgrace. How is this still on the shelves! Exactly the same experience as other reviews here. Take it off the shelves! Why are pharmacists still stocking these dangerous devices!

Purchased in April 2019.

Rushabh

RushabhSydney, NSW

Absolutely Rubbish - Product should be banned!

I took this thermometer to the doctor's as I had my own doubts about its credibility. When the doctor measured the temperature of my 1 year old on his own thermometer, it was showing 40 degrees C. I measured my kid at the same time using this thermometer, it was showing 38 degrees C.

A difference of 2 degrees is a lot of a fully grown adult, let alone a 1 year old. This product should be BANNED.

Purchased in December 2018 at Terry White Chemists for $64.99.

Ail

AilArmidale

Do not buy this product - it could endanger your child's life

I bought this thermometer two days ago and tried to use it as directed. It would not register above 36.1 degrees which is not even a normal adult temperature. If this was used on a sick child or baby it would give the parents a false sense of security and endanger the child's life. It should be removed from Chemists' shelves !

Purchased in February 2019 at Pricelines Pharmacy for $69.00.

Absolutely useless

My three year old is very hot to touch, has general malaise. Because it was 5am we decided to buy a thermometer whilst waiting for the doctors to open. We are away from home. Never have I used a more useless thermometer. It varies by 1.5 degrees and the reading is different every time. No choice but to take a trip to the hospital. Thanks Vicks for creating a product that does not do it’s intended purpose - what a scam!

Should be recalled immediately!

Received two completely different readings when scanning from the middle of the forehead to the right side of the head and scanning from the middle again to the left side. My child was lying on their back and one side read 36.5 and the other 38.2! Disgraceful and wish I had read the reviews before purchasing and relying on this product to keep my child safe. There have been terrible reviews for years and I’m disgusted that it is still on the shelf. Shame.

Angry

AngryBrisbane

Temperature completely wrong

Our babies temp was showing 39 degrees using the forehead thermometer and called the health line who told us to take our baby straight to hospital to find out his actual temp was 37. After seeing so many bad reviews online this product should not still be aloud on chemist shelves

lily

lilyadelaide

Inaccurate and possibly unlawful

This product should be referred to the ACCC, and anyone who has bought it should take it back and demand a refund. The product does not do what it is meant to do. It is especially worse considering the main users are carers, monitoring the health and wellbeing of babies and children! Such variances in readings are the difference between going to the hospital or not. It is shocking and disgusting that this product is still on shelves. It needs to be recalled.

Vicki T

Vicki TIllawarra, NSW

Malfunction!!

I paid over $60 for this thermometer, I only used it 2 times. Bought it for my Family Day Care, thought it would be more reliable then the other thermometers seeing I paid so much. Changed the batteries hoping that was the problem, well it wasn’t. I’m still getting an error message. I find it is due to malfunction. Terrible!!!

Not working

My child at this moment has a fever. Possibly west nile virus. I need a thermometer that works. Shame on you for selling faulty products! I hope that you do not get sued for negligence. I now have to go and buy a new thermometer that works. 50 dollars wasted.

Unhappy mum

Unhappy mumBrisbane

Awful product

robin

robinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

It's just ok, but temp. unit only in Celsius

Hi just brought it a couple of weeks ago. had consistent result on 3 different people.
BUT temp. range is only from 16c-40c. i was hoping for the range to be higher.
also it only displays temp in Celsius and there is no option to change it to Fahrenheit. it's such a basic thing expected in a digital thermometer.

CB

CB

only giving 1 star because you cant do 0!

bought this for convenience. showed my son as being betwen 35.5 and 36C. 3 different readings each time. wasn't convinced it was accurate as he felt hot so used the ear thermometer and he was 39! this is plane dangerous and should be removed from shelves immediately! do yourself a favour dont buy!

Steph

StephPerth, WA

Do not buy

It beeps too loud to use while the baby is sleeping which is the main reason I bought it. You have to move it from the forehead to the ear over three seconds so of course the baby tries to grab it if it’s awake. The readings are not very accurate. Waste of money.

stubac

stubacMelbourne

It's rubbish. Don't buy it. Inaccuracy is dangerous

Taking my temperature twice within 30 seconds of each reading can vary by .5 degrees. Who knows if any of the temperatures are even vaguely accurate. An expensive thermometer from Vicks - I assumed it would be good. The inaccuracy is just plain dangerous.
I agree with others. it should be withdrawn from the market. It is not fit for purpose and I thought that was a reason it should be able to be returned at any time. (in Victoria at least)

Anna B.asked

Why isn’t this product recalled? It tells me my kids temperatures are fine when they are 38+

Katrina

It consistently tells us that we are 35.9c, which is impossible unless you're dead. Which I'm clearly not. It is possibly the absolute worst product I've ever had the experience of using.

Anna B.

Yep mine always says 35.5. My daughter was sick last week and it said 36 then I checked on the underarm one and she was 39.1. It is terrible and shouldn’t be on the market

Hello,
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Can I encourage you to contact our customer service team during business hours (Melbourne time) on 1800 655 841? We will happily assist you with any troubleshooting and replace faulty product if it falls within our warranty policy.
Kind regards,
Vicks team

Kelli H.

Kelli H.asked

How can I get a refund on this horrible product if it was bought months ago in preparation for baby? This product is horrible and my doctor has told me to never use it as it again

Customer ServiceVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Please contact our Customer Service support team on Freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours.

Anna B.

Did you end up getting a refund? I’m wanting one too this thermometer is dangerous

Nithya

Nithyaasked

How to remove m symbol from the thermometer? After switching on its showing green light then it's showing memory 1 then that's it after that the screen is not moving to next step where am not able to check the reading. 3rd step scanning screen is not coming. It keeps on showing the 1st memory reading.

Customer ServiceVicks Vaporizers & Thermometers

Hi there Nithya, if you call our customer service team they'll be happy to help with your thermometer issue. Just freecall 1800 655 841 during business hours :) Kind Regards, Vicks.

Get an answer from our members and Vicks Vaporizers & Thermometers representatives