Vicks VapoRub

Vicks VapoRub

There is an alternative!

This was not up to scratch, but I found something that is! Euky Bearub!!!! It's just like the old Vicks because it actually works!!! Euky Bear is Australian Made and Owned as well

Purchased for $10.00.

Preventative MeasureNo

What have you done?

This is NOT the VapoRub that I have relied on my entire life! If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!! HELP! What am I suppose to turn to? This stuff does not work like the old VapoRub. Its smell is sooo mild that it does not open up a stuffy nose nor does it work as good when rubbed on your chest.

Purchased at Walmart.

Used for ChildrenYes
Symptoms RelievedNone Relieved

I counted on your high quality ingredients! WTH?

You changed your ingredients? Now what am I going to do? I use this daily. I can't use it anymore now. I won't breathe this crap in. It smells like the stuff at the Dollar Tree now with Turpentine! I will not be poisoned. How could you?! I trusted you. That is why you had my weekly business.

Purchased at walmart.

Side Effects Mild side effects
Symptom ReliefFelt Worse
Symptoms RelievedHeadaches and Watery Eyes

Ineffective, smells bad, save your $$

My father has used Vicks for 66 years. We bought a new jar for him when he developed bronchitis. It did absolutely nothing for him except leave an unpleasant smell under his nose that he had to suffer with until it wore off. Don't waste your time and money on this- it's not what it used to be.

Purchased for $8.00.

Preventative MeasureNo

A Backward Development

Couldn’t believe how bad this was. I thought I had purchased an expired pot. Can I get my money back from Tesco as this is not what I want. Please go back to the old formula. This really has no use in my medical cabinet.

Purchased .

Symptoms RelievedCongestion

does not do what it should and I will no longer purchase it

Vicks vaporub used to have a powerful odour that would help you breathe
and that has gone. For me it is no longer effective. Why would I have to give 30 words for my review.What I have said is sufficient. Take note!

Purchased .

Symptoms RelievedCongestion and None Relieved

It is now rubbish

I’ll never buy again unless it’s returned to its original formula. What a waste of money. Will have to look for an alternative.

I found a very good alternative!

Vicks VaporRub seems to be simply vaseline now, and it is made overseas. Threw out my last jar because it provided no benefit at all. I tried the Woolworths homebrand (and I don't often buy homebrand), and the Chest Rub Ointment reminded me of the 'old Vicks'. And it is made in Australia!!

Horrible smell

Vicks now has a horrible smell. Use to use it all the time. The new 'odor' gives me a headache. Will have to find something else, threw the new jar away. Why is 'synthetic' camphor being used as one of the ingredients?

Vicks VapoRub smells like Vaseline, yuck!!

I just purchased a jar of VapoRub since my old one expired and it smells awful! At close to $8.00 for a small jar (1.76 oz), it ain’t cheap. What a waste of money!! It smells like Vaseline!! The formula has definitely changed and it certainly isn’t the same. I would give this product zero stars if I could. I will never buy another Vicks product again!! Bring the old formula back!!

Vicks... have a word

Vicks. What Vicks. We as a family can not fathom the forthcoming disappointment of an evening without Vicks. I new as soon as I applied it they had changed the formula, a waste of money. I am glad there is a space to express are grievances and to get that off are chest. Do us a favour Vicks and breath some fresh air back into your product.

Vick’s vapo rub

Vick’s no longer is the same. Please go back to the original formula. It is horrible. Smell and conitency are totally different. Manufactured in Mexico so ingredients are probably cheaper. Shame on you.
I’ll never buy again unless it’s returned to its original formula.

What a waste

Have used Vicks for 7 decades. Shame when the company bowed to phony researchers. Bring back the tried and true product and give us some relief.

Disappointment,legit

Honestly it’s been some time since I last purchased Vick’s vaporub. Mom used to rub it on my chest and throat and cover it with a piece of flannel in order to relieve coughing. I love the scent. Today I bought a new jar and was immediately disappointed. It barely had a scent and it was not the same. It’s bland and ineffective. I guess I’ll go back to Tiger Balm or go to the Asian market and buy White a Flower.

Used to be strong cleared blocked nose and fluy chest also toe problems

Why is Vicks vapour rub so weak now? Used to be a wonderful useful product. I used it for over 25 years on myself and 6 children with confidence. Now can hardly smell vicks

Ruination of a good product

Absolutely ruined this product this used to be a fantastic product now it's just a weaker incarnation of it's former self would never buy again

Complete waist of money

this product is complete waste of money. I had it yesterday and It doesn't work, it’s too mild. I can only smell a bit of menthol and that's it! Tiger balm is 10 times better then this. Unfortunately i can’t refund!

Don’t fix what isn’t broken

Don’t buy until they change it back to the old formula. Going to send my jar back to the manufacture for a full refund. Still like most of the products however this one is not the same

Once iconic product now useless!

I can barely perceive any therapeutic vapours from recent purchase, and went into panic mode, as I feel congestion creeping into lungs and could always avoid secondary bronchial infection by steam inhaling Vick’s twice daily during a cold. All recent reviews similarly negative, although curiously, menthol etc ingredient list appears of similar strength to that in original, old, potent 2003 jar I still have. Sounds like a case for the consumer watchdog. I paid more than $12 for a jar of petroleum which smells and therefore how do we know even the petroleum is of therapeutic grade now? Otherwise I would just mix some tiger balm or eucalyptus oil into it. I read that Euky bear rub is now the way to go, or maybe try a traditional rawleighs product

Miss the old Vicks

I agree with many others. Vicks stinks now. Can’t stand it. Was a loyal user from childhood. Why did you ruin it? Throwing my new jar away. What to do now?

Unable to contact anyone on the Vicks Vaporub website. They don't really want you to contact them, it just looks that way. No real link to contact them. I am so disappointed. Paid over $7 for a tiny jar of what I thought was the Vicks of the past. Wow, it isn't even close and I've wasted my money. If anyone knows of a product that smells like the old Vicks, let us know? Vicks is ruined now.

I thought I’d lost my sense of smell. The Vick’s rub smells nothing like it used to. Will it ever return to the original formula?

I contacted the makers of vick and was told it was the same recipe but they added nutmeg i dont need to bake with it i need it to unblock my nose even tv advert should be banned as false advertising as it doesent do as its stated

VapoRub