Victa Super Catcher VCS469

Victa Super Catcher VCS469

Push Mowers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of push mower would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.2

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

TaffFar North Queensland, QLD

Good value for money.

I bought this my Super Catcher 5 years ago and it has never let me down. I agree with the air filter placement being in a bad spot. I sealed off all the air spaces and drilled 2 holes in the air filter cover and inserted two plastic tubes into the filter cavity and ran the other ends up the handles out of the dust and debris. It runs well and very little dust if any on the filter itself.

Purchased in September 2014 for A$389.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Col

ColSydney, NSW

Abominable design

Purchased in June 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$450.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used Weekly
Greig

GreigCairns

Tiger woods of mowers- started off great and then went to !

Date PurchasedApr 2016

GizzyduckSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love this mower

Love this mower.... Very reliable.... starts first time every time... Height easily adjustable... No goughing of lawn...
I service my mowers every 2 yrs so never have any problems..... Very light & easy to move... Cuts our lawn well (we don't leave the mowing till it looks like a forest though).. We always use regular unleaded petrol with no problems..... We empty it twice for our yard size...
Our last mower was a Rover & lasted 25 very reliable years... So we are hoping for the same longevity from this one also.... Had it for 2 yrs now... :)

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Ron3982Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Get what you pay for

Cant say I am impressed with this lawn mower, apart from the instant start (Good) the machine is very flimsy built, cheapish. It might be me, user error, that while one tries to adjust the height lever, the front two smaller wheels, allows the mower to gouch into the lawn, no matter, even with maximum height. It appears the cutting blades are not level to, because of the different size wheels. I dont like this machine, would not recommend, paid $469.00 from Bunnings.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Hairy

HairySpringwood

Stunning mower

Tried a few posh battery mowers that were truely over hyped
Went back to this dirty petrol boy am so glad
It might be a but overkill for it’s class...staying below fancy self propelled mowers, but because of it this is lighter and easier to move

Best mower i ever had...starts smooth every time, cuts tidy & predictable...i love it

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Kevin

KevinMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rough running?

You need to clean the spark plug and change the air filter if the mower is running rough. The fuel mixture is too rich and fouls the spark plug. Mine was running rough and losing power - new air filter and cleaned the spark plug and away it went.
If your area is dusty - almost guarantee it is the air filter.
Sadly mine died today - no spark - I need to sort this problem.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
Sal

SalSydney

Great machine

It’s an amazing machine I can’t fault it so easy not too heavy
easy to maneuver
Not hard to maintain I recommend this machine to everyone nothing beat Victa.
So happy I didn’t go n spend so much money
It works really well.
Many thanks to victa
Bought it from Bunnings warehouse

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Liam J

Liam JSydney

Starts Every time

This lawn mower is honestly the best decision I have made! It starts every time without the need for priming or a choke. Make sure you don't feed it E10 as that would ruin the engine. The Briggs and Stratton is a great engine, sometimes lacking in power when cutting thick lawn. My only wish is their was a mulching attachment because I have quite a big lawn

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Crash

CrashBatemans Bay

Do not purchase

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Rav

RavAdelaide

It is ok for the price

Been using it for close to 3 years. Bought for roughly $400. Never had any major issue with it. Quite a few annoying small problems though. Firstly, it wouldn't start unless you raise it up higher. Otherwise, the grass just stops the blades from kick-starting into action. Secondly, the catcher doesn't contain a lot of clippings, so I'd have to clear it out once every 5 metres or so, which is very annoying. Either that or push the clippings into the back of the catcher more. Thirdly, it doesn't get very close the wall as the rear wheels are just a bit too wide.

Apart from that, it works great and requires hardly any maintenance or service at all.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Maricemarija

Maricemarija

Very reliable and easy to use

I have used this Victa VCS469 lawn mower for the last 5 years. Never had any issues. Minimal maintenance required, I have used it to mow about 200 Square metres of home lawn. I used unleaded fuel and never replaced spark plug. I would recommend it to anyone because it's money well spent.

Date PurchasedSep 2012
YAO

YAO

I am happy with the Victa super Mulcher mower

The Victa Super Mulcher 18" Mulch or Catch Lawn Mower with the easy starting, powerful and efficient Briggs and Stratton 625EXi Series engine features Ultimate Mulching Performance - unique mulching blade-disc design generates air-circulation beneath the mower continually cutting the grass - creating a fine mulch.In addition,the Quad–Blade Cutting System delivers a cleaner cut and improved catching in thick grasses.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
gg1

gg1

Waste of money

>>> Positives
- The only positive about this mower is the easy start
>>> Negatives
- Poor design of the body means grass somehow ends up on top (of the mower's body) so after every cut you need to wipe the clippings off
- The latch to lift it is terrible, a flawed design having the back wheel kinked further out to cater for the latch, so cant get close to edges. Seriously look at the old mowers, its not rocket science!
- Unlike old mowers its limited to how low you can cut the grass, (thanks for this limited option, NOT!)

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Tobi16Palmerston, NT

Most frustrating mower ever owned

Bought a Victa Super Catcher in late 2015 to replace my old Victa half-crank 160cc mower I bought (second hand) in 1990.
The chassis is fine - the design has stood the test of time, but the BS-550EX motor is the weak link.
The mower has rarely started within three pulls (as advertised), and consistently surges with revs. Used fuel stabiliser and carby cleaner and the motor never was as good as new. I can't believe the amount of fuel the machine goes through either.
Air-cleaner catches as much grass as catcher does and constantly needs shaking and blowing out.
First mow of the lawn outside of the warranty period and the mower died. Full stop. All manner of weird knocking sounds coming from inside the engine.... I don't believe it.

Date PurchasedOct 2015

Pickles

PicklesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for a standard mower

This mower is quite good. I couldnt believe how expensive lawn mowers are so i settled for this one. I personally dont think any mower is worth the ridiculous price tags they have. This one cuts fine, has lasted me 3 years and never a problem to pull start it.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
ExSol

ExSolBrisbane

Has made easy work for my lawns

Bought from bunnings due to decent price at the time. This mower overall has been great for me. I picked a good size for my lawns. It is more suited to smaller lawn areas. Been impressed with it starting first time everytime. Haven't experienced the bad filter issue yet. Would have liked it more if it came with the mulcher attachment too.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
huohuo

huohuosydney

its perfect for small property

Bought from Bunnings' warehouse from staff's recommendation. I am happy that i can start the engine myself. its women-friendly mower. light weight to lift or carry around. its does a great job in mowing the lawn but it is a heavy-duty type. the wheel cover fall off after a few times operation. it is suitable for a small area due to small capacity for the Container of lawn mower filled up with cut grass.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Tomhjr

TomhjrManly vale

GOOD MOWER BUT BAD AIR FILTER DESIGN

Mower cuts well, but the air filter is in a really bad place, fills with dirt easy and will only go about half power once that happens, makes it real hard to start also.

i had to change filter after 1 use as we filled too much oil at the start, after that it starts easy but the filter will get dirty again quickly.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

My First and Last Victa push mower.

This Victa VCS469 Super Catcher cut grass, satisfactorily, for 16 months, then a rear wheel just "detached". This was due to a well below standard weld of the axle to wheel assembly. After 18 months, a front wheel bearing housing collapsed, allowing the wheel to "float". Light-weight structure?
B&S 550 series OHV engines, in mowers, are not as good as the older side valve L-Head engines, they replaced.
Reason 1. The paper element air cleaner acts a secondary grass catcher; especially, after oil mist from the breather contaminates it. Reason 2. Mowing around shrubs will cause fuel AND oil caps to come adrift.
The previous, 25 year old B&S powered Rover mower, had none of these faults. Wish I'd kept it.

Date PurchasedAug 2015