Victorian Energy Compare

Victorian Energy Compare

See the Best Energy Comparison Websites in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Simon B.

Simon B.

Does not save you money, it costs you A LOT more! Do your own research!

Recommended I switch to Globird energy. My rates went up by 5c a kwh and daily charge doubled.
Switching back to the retailer I was with and I'm now on a better deal than I was before.
This whole exercise has cost me hundreds in the space of two months.
The $50 cheque has been spent on this disaster 4 times.

Terrible website... doesn't do what it says on the tin!

The website does not recognise the data files it instructs one to use from the smart meter companies to give an accurate account of your energy/gas usage.
The information the site takes from a bill you upload is erroneous, and doesn't allow manual override once a bill has been uploaded. You have to start again if you want to do a manual input, which also defeats the purpose of having the option to use an existing bill, if it doesn't actually use the right information.

ConsumerVIC

ConsumerVICCentral Victoria

Misleading energy offers

No $50, no customer service

My $50 was meant to be sent in August. Now November, no cheque. Was told in October it was sent but had to wait 2 weeks in case it turned up. Waited 2 weeks and emailed back. Online chat said it will be at least 2 weeks before they get time to reply to my email. The initial email said I will need to fill out paperwork if it doesn't arrive, so at this rate, I will either never get $50 or it will be months into the future. How ridiculous that in this day and age the Victorian government cannot cancel and reissue cheques, and takes weeks and months to respond to emails.

Phil G

Phil G

Brilliant Website

I used the Victorian Energy Compare website last week and found it to be an excellent site. I was able to feed in the XL file of electricity use (smart meter data) from my distributor (Jemena). It quickly crunched the numbers for me and came up with the best price to suit electricity usage at my house. I found I was being, in my view, heavily overcharged (excuse the pun) by my present electricity retailer. I'm moving to a new retailer and I expect to save at least two thousand dollars a year (we're an all electric house with 4 adults). To top this off, the Victorian government will pay $50 for using the site.