WATTever

See the Best Energy Comparison Websites in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Lisa45

Lisa45South East Queensland, QLD

Simple and good

I spent months trying to figure out a new best electricity provider - i had spreadsheets to compare, and was looking at lots of comparitive or provider websites trying to figure out what to do (our old provider twice failed to offer us discounts that i only got by ringing and demanding, and they won't stop being involved in fracking/CSG so i wanted to leave). Finally - i ended up with a new provider. And then i found Wattever. And they confirmed - the new company IS the best for me. I could have saved a lot of time!

Tim H.WATTever

Hi Lisa, Thanks for sharing your review. Great to hear you found WATTever simple to use and you're now with a new energy retailer that offers good value and shares your values!

Niraj l

Niraj lGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent information available on this website about energy

Information on the site seems to provide a fair view of many electricity providers and the savings you
may get from switching to the the provider you choose.Because We have solar panels information may differ from information shown but it is reasonable what you may save/get to be pretty close

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to share your review. All the best with your solar and enjoy the savings.

Jeremy

JeremyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really Awesome Job

I find wattever easy to use and better than the governments comparison site because it includes all retail offers but it treats one time rebates and other information a lot better. You can also save the results page and come back to it later if you're time poor or wish to do check ups every few months. Really clean and easy to use. Once you have more providers with direct switch capability I'd be happy to switch through your service.

techie

techieDarling Downs, QLD

Useful service

Allows comparison between providers very quickly. Useful service, allowed me to find out the rates offered by several electricity providers, which otherwise could be hidden deep inside the websites and takes ages.

Hi Techie,
Thanks for sharing your review.

Julie W.

Julie W.

Cost saver

Watt ever enabled me to change electricity providers and get 21c/kw hour compared with 11.1 c/kw hour with my current provider. Easy to navigate the website. Definitely would Recommend this website.

Tim H.WATTever

Hi Julie, Thanks for your review. We love solar and helping owners find the best deal (including the big solar Feed-in Tariffs) to make the most of their setup.
Tim

Very useful site, and easy to use.

About to go solar, and wanted to find the best provider for my overall situation, not just the the one with the highest Feed in Tariff. Wattever takes all factors into account, and comes up with the most economical provider. Highly recommended.

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Great comparison site

I think this is the best comparison site for electricity plans. It lets you put in detailed information including solar production and produces a list of the best plans. I tried this on other sites including the government comparison site. Wattever came up with better plans and gave me the best plan I've found for my usage.

Dennis S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Still deciding

I think the information you supply is fantastic but due to the Commonwealth Governments "Big Stick Policy" coming in shortly I am waiting to see what the outcome is, if any

Dennis S.

Thank you for your reply, I will take this information onboard as I will be looking for a new supplier within the next three weeks Cheers

WATTever made something very complicated become pretty simple

I recently had solar panels installed and was advised by my installer to check a variety of energy providers to determine which one offered the most cost-effective plan. There are at least 3 different tariffs to consider as well as all the conditions each provider imposes. With WATTever's outline of key issues I was able to ask the right questions to solve my quest.

Tim H.WATTever

Thanks for sharing your review and letting everyone know about your experience. Great move installing solar. Enjoy the savings!

Beany

BeanyHunter Region, NSW

Awesome Site For Easily Comparing Electricity Plans

The information I was able to get from the site, certainly helped me negotiate a better deal with my current provider, saving me about $250 per year. It’s handy to have a recent Electricity Account so you can enter your exact usage and solar feed in amounts. Excellent service, thanks so much.

Hi Beany,
Great news. Well done getting your provider to give you the deal you want. And thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback!

Doggy

DoggySydney, NSW

Excellent and really comprehensive, easy to use site

I have used this resource over a period of one year. I believe it is the best such site available in Australia. They provide comprehensive information which is easy to sort and explore. I have changed providers and will save some hundreds of dollars a year. I can attest that (unlike a number of other sites) there are no intrusive phone calls or other high-pressure follow-on activities. On top of that there do not seem to be any hidden biases or commissions encouraging me to lean one way or another.
Thoroughly recommended.
Best Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your review. We’re very happy to have helped you
Tim

easy to follow in plain language

I have signed up with the company they suggested & I'm getting $100 off my 1st account!!
Easy to understand & has all the detail needed to make an informed decision.
better than some other sites.

AineMhaire

AineMhaireSydney, NSW

Where have you been all my electricity buying life?

I stumbled across WATTEver while getting to grips with overpaying for electricity. Its comprehensive information has assisted me to negotiate with my provider & get results in $$ reduction. A great service. And free for residential customers.

Unhappy52

Unhappy52South Australia

Very pleased with the help I received

I used the WATTever comparison site, and was a little confused at first. But after a few emails back and forth I was very pleased with the help I received. Well worth comparing. Thanks.

rusty

rustybrisbane

Great comparison site

I found Wattever a lot easier to use than most comparison sites. More in depth and relevant information on different plans/providers, helped me make a decision to switch for a better deal. Recommend this site!

Hi Rusty,
Thanks for sharing your review.

juergen

juergenAU

Comprehensive and Unbiased Comparison Service

WATTever provides a comprehensive comparison service, including all of the publicly available offers, unlike many other comparison sites. I thought I had done a pretty good job hunting for deals by myself, but WATTever showed that I had missed a better deal from one of the retailers on my short list.

Their support is based in Australia, friendly and very responsive. Using their service has saved me money and is one of the better dealings I have had with any company recently.

Highly recommended!

Hi Juergen,
Thanks for your feedback. We're all about making it easier to find better deals. Delighted we could help.

yawood

yawoodMELBOURNE

Best comparison site I have found

I am comparing electricity plans for my residence in Beveridge Vic. I have looked at a few different comparison sites but they are usually disappointing in that they are just aggressive marketing exercises and/or only compare those retailers from whom they get commissions. WATTever seems to be different in that they have given me comparisons of just about every retailer in Australia, even those they do not have affiliation with (for those they give you the rates from publicly available price fact sheets and say to contact the retailer directly if you like that product). It seems like a more honest approach to me.

olfella

olfellaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

The best I could find

I recently had solar installed along with a new smart meter and was interested in comparing my new price structure (on Demand) with other suppliers in my area. I used several sites providing this service and found WATTever to be the most accurate and easy to use. The supplier I currently use was confirmed to be the best for my current circumstances at present. After I obtain a history of my new usage pattern and generation I plan to revisit and compare Time of Use plans with the Demand plan.
I certainly would recommend them to any one seeking the best deal with current pricing used.

Tim H.WATTever

Thanks for sharing your review. Well done on your new solar. It feels good to take the power back.

Phil H

Phil HCanberra

Great Help in Determining Which Electricity Retailer to Use in ACT

Following changes in electricity retailing implemented at the beginning of 2018 in ACT and as part of the installation of solar panels, a new Smart Meter is installed. The installation of the Smart Meter forces the ACT consumer on to a new electricity tariff regime. For my situation I had to work out which of the alternative tariff regimes was likely to be the most cost effective choice. I found the Wattever site to be of greatest assistance in doing this than the other electricity comparison web sites. With the passage of time, I will use the web site as means of working out how well actual outcomes follow the predictions.

Robin

RobinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

In our case, rates were accurate and confirmed what I had already done on difficult spreadsheets. Good service in my view, but will always be about keeping up to date. (Vic Gov version had basic errors some of which I reported to them, but got no response - so you may need to be careful if you use that one).