Vileda Easy Wring Mop & Bucket

Vileda Easy Wring Mop & Bucket

Worst mop I have ever used!

The mop head keeps tipping and scratching the floor despite me adapting to a figure 8 motion recommended by customer service. The centre prong also scratches the floor. I’ve never experienced anything like this and don’t understand how others love it? I’ve tried and tried to mop without it scraping on my floors. I find that the triangular plastic head is too chunky. Also the micro fibres are too short and not enough of them. The bucket is huge and heavy to lift when filled with water. It is also difficult to empty. I’ve seen online that there is a version with a hole in the bucket so you can poor the water into our the toilet. Refund!

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jessica Beckley

Jessica BeckleySouth West, WA

Worst mop ive ever owned

Since the day i purchased this horrible mop every time I've used it the mop head detaches so i can only mop in 1 direction and sometimes that doesnt even hold it on. I've owned this mop for almost 2 years and the whole handle snapped in half the other day. Silly me threw out the receipt and nothing can be done because the date of manufactured was over 3 years ago (shows how long coles had it on their shelf for). Wont be recommending this to anyone and definately wont be buying another one!!!

Purchased in July 2018 at Coles for $50.00.

Sherie C P

Sherie C PSydney, NSW

Love it but....

We are on our third set so far. The spinning pedal gets jammed after a while. Kind of frustrating! I would say that it doesn't last more then 6 months. The bucket then becomes useless aswell because you can't take out the mop tray bit to use the bucket for other purposes. Other then that, the mop heads last a long time and I just save up a few dirty ones until i have enough for a small load in the machine. Although the refill heads are pricey!

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $40.00.

Barb

BarbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nice and light, but handle too short

Bought from Big W for $50 a couple of weeks ago. ( December 2019 ) First time used it today, I'm 5' 3" and the handle is way too short, have a backache now. Have to mop slowly, or mop flips. I've put the handle of my old Oates mop onto to Vileda head and it's about 6 inches longer now. I'm pretty sure it'll be good to go next time I use it :) I only bought the Vileda mop and spin bucket ( that's great ! ) as it is much lighter than the old Oates mop and bucket that I had before.

Purchased in December 2019 at Big W for $50.00.

Aamirch657Sydney, NSW

Great customer service !!!

My mop broke due to my fault (I was trying to kill a fly) and rang Vileda customer service. I told them what happened and they sent me a replacement part free of charge.
I love this mop.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Tyneal S.

Tyneal S.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Best Investment

I’ve tried many mops and buckets but nothing ever really worked for me. I eventually gave up on them until I came across this one. I thought yeah I’ll give it a go and see how it goes and I am VERY impressed! Finally something I can use! My falls are so clean I love this so much!!!!

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths for $50.00.

Don't use hot water

Whilst the mop is quite good the bucket rust in the spinning mechanism I've had two of these buckets and they only last for about 6 months before the spinning mechanism stops working

Purchased in June 2019 for $50.00.

Vanessa

VanessaRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Worst mop

The mop head has scratched my floors. Impossible to use without the mop head tipping. I rang vileda and they said you need to go in a figure 8 pattern. Bit hard to do that in tight places. Bucket isn't weighed properly so when you pick it up it tips. Going to buy another brand of mop as this one sucks big time. Do they people that design this crap actually use it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Caltex Woolworths for $40.00.

Easy to use

Very easy to use and put away the one flaw is the handle should be longer for tall people sore back after using it for entire house. Does a good job.

Purchased in July 2019 for $40.00.

adam

adamWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

The best...

When my last mop and bucket broke, I went straight into now and brought this one perfect just brilliant works much better than my last one ..anyone needing a new mop and bucket please give this one go you will live it...

Purchased in October 2019 at Big W for $38.00.

Robin

RobinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking poor service

Wish I had read the reviews before handing over my money , no mops , no money and no one will answer any emails. Never again will I use a company with such poor customer focus.

Purchased in October 2019 for $105.00.

Phillip00

Phillip00Hunter Region, NSW

Pedal action stops

Purchased mine in April 2019 from BigW and I have had problems with the pedal jamming up and sticking. I am unable to push the pedal down, or if it is stuck down, cannot get it back in the up position. I have been able to free it up with spraying the cogs and rotating shaft with WD40 until it jams up again. It might be where the shaft goes into the base of the bucket. Not too happy but got 2 years warranty which I have not taken up on as yet.

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W for $36.00.

SDG

SDGCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Love this mop, and I have tried them all!

This is by far the best mop I have used. Easy and effective. Lives up to all expectations. I have no idea why this product has disappointed some reviewers. Be gentle when stepping on the spinner. I hand wash in washing powder in sink after use if mop head is dirty. A handle extension is a good idea for taller people.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $40.00.

Waste of alot of money

Purchased 3 days ago for $56 and used it for the first time today. Handel bent and the mop head doesn't hold into the handel. Had to stop after the toilet area go buy a different mop that actually works.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for $56.00.

Great mop

The handle is VERY short , I’m five six which isn’t massively tall and it’s back breaking , need to be able to get just the handle so you can add another section

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $50.00.

Bev

BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great mop

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Abby0

Abby0Hunter Region, NSW

Easy, easy, easy!

Wow! The last time I mopped with a conventional mop I realised I needed something easy and the Vileda Easy Wring Mop was so simple and easy it made mopping for the first time with it a breeze. Now I don't have to dread mopping and all the aches and pains that go with it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $49.00.

Mop head scratches on floor

Wonderful idea with poor design and build. The mop is low quality and gets trapped under itself. The mop head tips constantly and scratches along the floor.
Will be returning the product to store as it does not work as advertised.
Such a shame.

Purchased in July 2019 for $50.00.

Do the right thing, Vileda!

I have bought several of these spin mops, all of them costing significantly less than the Vileda one, which is $45 in Coles. All have performed well. All the mops have had TWO mop heads. This one has ONE! Is this a cost-cutting exercise? I use two because I like to go over the floor with a clean one...first wash, then second with another clean head. Perhaps you could review the issue of only one. One cheap mop head won't burst the bank.

Purchased in July 2019.

Angel A.

Angel A.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Good but doesn't last

Purchased in February 2019 for $40.00.