Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

Vileda Super Squeeze Mop

See the Best Mops & Buckets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Vileda

1.9
Margaret
MargaretGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Resorting to the instructions

I hadn' t been happy with this super squeeze mop since we purchased it over 3 years ago but struggled on, having to accept the sponge would come off all the time and wouldnt squeeze properly and who reads instructions anyway. Finally yesterday, the mophead appeared to break in half so that the two plastic plates on one side came apart yet there was no sign of a fracture. Today it literally clicked how the two plates can attach by stetching them so one slips and slots into the other and voila. This lightbulb moment coincided with me checking this website and to my shame I see I have also been using it handle up. Am over the moon and have washed the floors properly for the first time in years.

Purchased in October 2018 at Woolworths.

Steve
SteveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best mop ever

As a Male single parent washing floors was something I had to learn quickly. My Vileda mop did an excellent job so for 10 years I used that mop until the head unit was stuffed. Had I know they were discontinuing making mop heads I would have purchased 10 or more head units and one spare handle. I'm tired of waisting money buying mops that just don't work then tossing them out.
I need Vileda mops to start making more head units again. Many people want you to make new sponges again.

RJM
RJMMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great mop

Was a great mop for about 10 years. Sadly it is now discontinued and I can no longer find replacement mop heads for it. Haven't found anything nearly as well designed or built as this was. It left the floors clean and not too wet. Just the perfect balance.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Mal
MalMelbourne

Great mop

Was using a Bissell Crosswave for my floating floors, absolute rubbish. Switched to the Vileda Mop and find it fantastic. Leaves a streak free clean using 3 inches of hot tap water in a square bucket and a couple of capfuls of Methylated Spirits. I first vacuum the floor and change the water halfway through the clean. The 'ridge marks' other reviewers refer to disappear when the floor dries. Not sure how you could operate the mop unless the handle is facing the floor. I passed the Crosswave onto my son and he loves it. Go figure.

Scott
ScottCanberra

This mop works when you read the instructions!!

PeterG
PeterG

They could not have possibly tested this before releasing on the market

The head keeps coming off.
Vileda sounds quite Swedish but is actually rubbish.
The company should be sued.The product is a complete fraud.Apparently lots of others have taken the trouble to express the same thoughts.
The lack of response by the company says it all
Thieves.

Perhaps this mop is not for everyone, for me it is fantastic. It is solid and if you know how it wor

Perhaps this mob is not for everyone, for me it is fantastic. If you know how the mob works you don’t want another model. This mob is ver solid and easy to use. Only one thing is annoying, to find an refill

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Bewildered Human
Bewildered HumanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks great but too many flaws

I purchased this because the handle and squeezing mechanism looked very well made. They are very sturdy. The main problems I have with it are that the head will not stay on, I found the spare and checked how I was fitting it. I am doing everything it says on the packet. But it just comes of as soon as I start to mop the floor. Also, the sponge drags, it doesn't glide evenly. So it kind of just pushes dirt around and doesn't pick it up. It is also so firm it doesn't reach down into grout. Just appalling. I might try and use double sided tape as suggested but I shouldn't have to!!

Horrible mop poor design don’t buy

Sponge head drags heavily and very sticky to the floor tiles. Head doesn’t tilt - waste of money and poor design head. Just moved dirt around doesn’t pick it up... don’t buy

Worst mop ever

I have spent the last 1 hour trying to figure out how to use the mop. Totally failed. I have a mop that I have no clue how to use. Have read and re-read the instructions. No help at all.

I will be going back to Woolworths tomorrow to ask them to show me how to use it. I do not even have a clue how to squeeze the water out of the sponge and no clue how to get the sponge flat on the floor. If Woolworths cannot show me how to use it they should not be selling it. I will be asking for my money back. Ridiculous!!

Do not buy!

Sarah
SarahBrisbane

Okay but leaves ridge marks

I found this mop easy to use (after I figured out the backwards design) but you can see the sponges ridge marks on the floor after its dried. I like the mop itself, as its very sturdy - just not the sponge.

Gary C
Gary CLismore

Hooray for this page. Turned this mop from a flop to being useable!

I like most reviewers found this mop to be terrible but reading 5nrough the reviews I found one that said the mop is designed to be used with the squeeze handle facing the floor (kind of illogically I must say). I tired this and instantly all my problems were fixed. No longer did the dead fly off, no longer did the ratchet thing behave strangely and I now have a useable mop. Maybe if I had read the instructions I could have avoided weeks of frustration!

Worst Mop Ever

This mop is the worst I’ve ever used. I wish I could give it less than one star. The sponge skids across the floor without picking up any dirt so you’re left with clumps to pick up. It can’t move sideways otherwise the sponge falls off. The pull-handle is too low and does not stay in place at the height you tighten it to. It would have been easier to hand wash the floors on my hands and knees than use this mop.

Jean
Jean

No Happy.

It just won't slide across the floor it just keeps pulling the sponge back. Just not happy with it. What else can I say. It's just not flat on the floor when you mop.

Daniela
DanielaBrisbane

Poor design

At first, I had problems using the mop. Like most of the people here, I got frustrated using this thing because the sponge kept falling out. So, after going through the instructions again and reading the other reviews , I was able to mount the sponge properly and lock it in place. It's not the most efficient mop out there, but it definitely gets the job done.