Virasolve Cold Sore Cream

Virasolve Cold Sore Cream

1.9

• Causes Irritation Yes (20) · No (1)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Terrible

DO NOT BUY My small cold sore was about half a centimetre and already at the weeping stage. A pharmacist recommended this to speed up healing and it’s now an inch in length across my bottom lip! Very upset :(

Purchased in August 2020 at Chempro Chemists for A$15.00.

Causes Irritation Yes

Use it if you want the worst coldsore of your life!

This is the worst thing I've ever used on a cold sore. It ended up being the biggest coldsore I've ever had - I'm sure the cream made it spread as I ended up with another one right next to the first. Super painful and oozy, and has since left a big scar on my lip. I wouldn't touch it ever again - I'll stick to aciclovir creams in future.

Purchased in March 2020.

Worst product EVER

I had a small cold sore a week ago, pharmacist gave me virasolve and since I’ve been using it my cold sore has turned into excruciating blisters all over my upper lip and intense burning and itching, my whole lip is inflamed. It should be banned

Purchased in May 2020 at Priceline for A$6.99.

Jasmine

JasmineMurray Region, NSW

Terrible is an understatement

I never leave reviews however after using this product I just need to. This cream is the worst. I woke up this morning to my whole top lip swollen and after using the cream again throughout the day today it has gotten bigger and sore. I will never use this product again. I have never had a reaction like this to other branded cold sore creams.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$15.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Jenny

JennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very bad experience!

My personal experience - I had a cold sore that was almost gone, I ran out of Zovirax and the chemist only had Virasolve. The lady in the chemist said it was similar to Zovirax but also had a numbing and antibacterial as well so I bought it. Overnight it has become like an acid burn, weeping, red, twice the size. My face is swollen, I am in incredible pain. I thought I must have had a bad reaction so I googled the cream and found these reviews. I wish I had googled it first.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$10.50.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Katie

KatieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Your cold sore will spread!!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Chemist Warehouse for A$6.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Liz

LizSydney, NSW

Worst product, Ever! If I could give a 0 star review, I would!

I was recommended this product by the sales lady at the pharmacy, they didn’t sell the product I normally use, but she told me virasolve was excellent so I took her advice, after using it I’m left with a coldsore 3x larger, constantly weeping, chemical burns and irritated skin anywhere else this product touches. Worst experience ever with a product like this.
Would not recommend and have gone back to my usual product this morning and now by this afternoon the weeping has already stopped.

Purchased in March 2020.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
SUE

SUESouth East Queensland, QLD

AVOID...this cream is fatal

I got a cold sore two weeks ago..I was recommended Virosolve from the chemist...I started using it and the sore stated to get worse, spreading down my chin.Then big scabs appeared and started cracking and bleeding..TThen another three blisters popped up around it all...It is still with me and looks like i have a burn on my face..I would NOT recOmmend this cream to anyone...If i could give no stars i would....AVOID AT ALL COSTS

Purchased in March 2020 for A$15.00.

Horrible!

2nd time using this - both times resulted in infection - what looked like a chemical burn and made a manageable cold sore a million times worse. Do not buy it’s awful!

Purchased in January 2020 for A$10.00.

Lisa

LisaGippsland, VIC

Dangerous

This product should not even get a star. I had a manageable cold sore. Chemist recommended virasolve. It has turned the cold sore into something that looks like 3rd degree burns on my lips. I have never taken a day off work for a cold sore, I am up to day 2 off. Intense pain. Won’t stop weeping. This product should literally be illegal to sell.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$10.00.

Never buy it again

Purchased in December 2019 for A$10.00.

Matty

Matty

WORST PRODUCT PERIOD!

This does exactly the opposite of what it's intended to do. Makes the cold sore worse, more painful, larger, spreads it and makes it inflamed. I could not come up with a worse product and I've thought of a few like opaque windscreens for cars, toxic waste drinking water, reverse firing guns etc....no matter how much I try I cannot come up with a worse product.

Purchased in December 2019 for A$10.99.

Kylie N.

Kylie N.Perth, WA

Severe allergic reaction do not buy!!

Im in hospital emergency right now with multiple blisters, intense burning pain like pain Ive never had like your lips are on fire!! Do not use and yes it dies not work or spreads and grows the cold sore not treats it!!! This stuff should be banned

Purchased in October 2019.

Very Disappointed

Usually when I get a cold sore on my nose (about once every 2 years or when I am really rundown) I take lysine, which works really well, highly recommend. However this time because I was so run down , the coldsore did not go away. I went to the chemist the pharmacist recommended Virasolve. Applied it as recommended and and the next day when I got up was three times worse , looked terrible and was so sore. Stopped using and soreness disappeared. Cold sore was still hideous will take a while to heal. Will not use ever again.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$22.40.

Bree C.

Bree C.Illawarra, NSW

Absolute CRAP

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY Bought this crap applied within an hour of feeling symptoms OMG by day 2 my lip was huge the cold sore was growing and was so sore went and bought Zovirax Thursday afternoon it’s now 5am Friday morning iv applied Zovirax 4 times swelling has gone soreness has gone cold sore has greatly reduced in size!!! I’ll pay the extra $5 to get results....

Purchased in July 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Picante

PicantePerth

Works well

I have used the Virasolve product every winter for many years on a cold sore on my lip, with great success. as soon as I feel the tingling in the lip I get the little tube and apply some. Because the sore is on the lip it wipes off easily when blowing nose and rather inconvenient when eating, so regular applications are necessary. I find when it is applied quickly after the tingling feeling, it prevents a breakout into a sore. my tube must be well out of code but still helps the problem. There are other products that have Aciclovir in them that are also OK. This product has a very good applicator nozzle.

Purchased in July 2003.

Causes Irritation No
Lizzy

LizzySouth East Queensland, QLD

DON'T USE

I was recommended to use this product by the pharmarsist( I usually use zovirax)... before using the product the coldsore was small and in it's very early stages. I woke up the next day with swallen and white puss-like lips, the product had spread the coldsore everywhere and made it ten times worse. What would have taken 4 days to heal will now take 3 weeks.

I wish I looked at the product review before trying.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$12.99.

Not for me

It irritated my sore and caused pain - never happened with other cold sore products before. My sore weeped for much longer than usual & wouldn’t scab until I stopped applying the cream. It prevented the normal scabbing period so now (6 weeks later) I still have scarring on the places where I applied the cream.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$10.00.

Not good

Cause weeping reaction. It caused inflammation and soreness. Very red and irritated reaction. Caused much discomfort. I shall not use this product again. I bought this product to treat a cold sore. The cold sore became bigger. I could not understand why I was sweating. I realised it was a reaction to this product.

Purchased in May 2019.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation Yes
Nicole

NicoleVictoria

DO NOT USE!

The first couple of times I used the cream I was happy enough, the last three times I have used Virasolve my top and bottom lips have swollen up so much. They are extremely sore and swollen, I think if you only apply to the effective area it does the job. Problem is that once it touches any other part it creates the swelling , this product needs to be pulled from sale immediately

Purchased in March 2019.

Peony

Peonyasked

I was using a store bought brand but realised it was out of date, so after 2 or 3 days I went and bought Virasolve. After two days using it the pain and swelling is worse. The originally crusty sores now look like wet oozie burns.
If I stop using it and try the course of tablets (that chemist told me were for when a cold sore first stats) will that help, or should I just switch to another cream?

BrittanyS

BrittanySasked

Please someone help. I've got cold sores on both sides of my mouth, first time I've got them. I started using Virasolve two days ago, so today is my third day! Day one it was a miracle and worked great, now I'm still using it and I have insane burning sensations and it seems as tho anorher blister has formed even though I've been using the cream. Someone who has used it before help please????

Steve
Steve

Hi I had a cold sore that doubled in size using that stuff so I stop straight away and a friend told me about a cold sore balm called tinderbox, it worked a treat. Stings like hell when u apply it but definitely worth it. You can buy it from health shops. Good luck

Banjosmum
Banjosmum

The best thing for you to do is to go and see your Doctor he/she can prescribe something suitable for you. The only other thing to do is either to see your pharmacist and they may make something up for you instead of trying all these different ointments that are not suitable for