Virgin Active

Virgin Active

See the Best Gyms in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Virgin

• Rates and Fees

Jairos.
Jairos.Sydney, NSW

signed up for specific classes that no longer offered

I can go to the gym at lunchtime- all the options I want for lunchtime were cancelled- so now I have 6 months left of unusable membership I can't get out of.

Oceanworld
OceanworldSydney, NSW

Virgin Active Bondi Junction

John
JohnMelbourne

Money down the drain

Sam
SamSydney, NSW

Falling standards and exorbitant fees

Many issues need to be resolved

Always out of hand soap, sanitiser, machines are broken for weeks and lockers hardly work. Closes at 10pm not 24/7. Staff make you clean your own machines. $38 a week for not too much benefits...

Todd R.
Todd R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fraudulent direct debits and scamming sales staff! Avoid at all costs!!

The business could not meet the terms of the contract due to the pandemic but then try to charge you a $300 termination fee in breach of the contract terms of free cancellation if the gym closes for more than 30 consecutive days. Then they charged an additional $73 without authorisation and refused to refund the money. Reporting to consumer affairs and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Bondio Junction

Cdogz
CdogzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome

Great place to train, had a blast training here for the last year or so, best trainers hands down, not the cheapest but well worth it and lots of classes

Do not go to St Leonards

The gym has been great until recently when I called to cancel my membership. They insisted that I needed to go into the gym to fill out the "breakup form", however, I have told them that my mum has been to one of the locations mentioned on the news this morning to monitor your symptoms. They still insisted that I need to go into the gym to "sign" the document. No flexibility was given as they said that you need to have a special circumstance to be able to do this via email e.g. if you are overseas and cannot physically go into the gym.

They do not care about the safety and well being of their members.

Kim
KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extortion at its best

Membership fees are quite expensive which is substantiated partially by the great facilities.

Their payment terms are awful, putting memberships on hold are painful and hard.

I prepaid for PT sessions and they have kept the money with no refund or offer of providing them. I recommend d unless you’re up for a big bill and no flexibility that you look for another gym.

Dean B.
Dean B.North Queensland, QLD

Great service, awesome gym

We where flying out of sydney on a late flight and had all our luggage, the reception staff put all our bags in a back room while we spent over 2.5 hours at the club.

Min
MinSydney, NSW

What can I say, I love my gym

Jasmine
JasmineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

SO ARROGANT!!!!!!!!

This idiotic gym threw out my newly drycleaned expensive coats amounting to $800 despite the fact that I rang them and told them to hold on to it. They just couldn't be bothered to do one simple customer service and hold on to it till I collect it!!

Jing Z.
Jing Z.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service

Samms
SammsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't commit if you are not ready for it!

Read more reviews - page 2