Virgin Active

Virgin Active

• Rates and Fees
Todd R.

Todd R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fraudulent direct debits and scamming sales staff! Avoid at all costs!!

The business could not meet the terms of the contract due to the pandemic but then try to charge you a $300 termination fee in breach of the contract terms of free cancellation if the gym closes for more than 30 consecutive days. Then they charged an additional $73 without authorisation and refused to refund the money. Reporting to consumer affairs and encourage everyone else to do the same.

Bondio Junction

Cdogz

CdogzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome

Great place to train, had a blast training here for the last year or so, best trainers hands down, not the cheapest but well worth it and lots of classes

Do not go to St Leonards

The gym has been great until recently when I called to cancel my membership. They insisted that I needed to go into the gym to fill out the "breakup form", however, I have told them that my mum has been to one of the locations mentioned on the news this morning to monitor your symptoms. They still insisted that I need to go into the gym to "sign" the document. No flexibility was given as they said that you need to have a special circumstance to be able to do this via email e.g. if you are overseas and cannot physically go into the gym.

They do not care about the safety and well being of their members.

Kim

KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Extortion at its best

Membership fees are quite expensive which is substantiated partially by the great facilities.

Their payment terms are awful, putting memberships on hold are painful and hard.

I prepaid for PT sessions and they have kept the money with no refund or offer of providing them. I recommend d unless you’re up for a big bill and no flexibility that you look for another gym.

Dean B.

Dean B.North Queensland, QLD

Great service, awesome gym

We where flying out of sydney on a late flight and had all our luggage, the reception staff put all our bags in a back room while we spent over 2.5 hours at the club.

Min

MinSydney, NSW

What can I say, I love my gym

Jasmine

JasmineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

SO ARROGANT!!!!!!!!

This idiotic gym threw out my newly drycleaned expensive coats amounting to $800 despite the fact that I rang them and told them to hold on to it. They just couldn't be bothered to do one simple customer service and hold on to it till I collect it!!

Jing Z.

Jing Z.Sydney, NSW

Terrible service

Samms

SammsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't commit if you are not ready for it!

Virgin active looks good..but lacks aplenty

Virgin Active Poor Customer Service

I would not recommend this organisation to anyone. My son joined and then changed his mind only a day after the cooling off period had ended. I offer to take it over as I wanted to join and they would not allow it. So they have continued to steal my money for almost a year. My credit card was stolen and the last couple of payments before the year is up were not paid and they are now chasing me for the money. I could have taken over the membership and would have continued to renew it each year probably for years. They would have been making plenty of money from me. I wonder how may other people have been treated this way. I would never recommend them to anyone and intend to provide negative feedback at every opportunity.

Sydney0808

Sydney0808Sydney, NSW

Hotel California - ....you can check-in anytime you like but you can never leave.....

Thanh Le

Thanh Le

It's pretty good, but a bit pricey

I've been to Virgin Active Norwest for over 6 months now and enjoy it. I live and work pretty close to this place, so it is personally convenient for me. However, I did hear from lots of fellow gym goers regarding the lack parking here. Some of the classes are packed and it's hard to get decent room to move sometimes. I still enjoy the services provided here, but I do wish it would have been a bit more affordable.

Melissa K

Melissa KSydney

It's a trap!

jesstp

jesstpSydney

Best gym ever!

I've never been a fan of gyms, but I really like Virgin Active.

If you want a gym where everyone knows you by name, this probably isn't for you. If you want variety, they have everything from boxing, pilates reformer, yoga, barre and Les Mills and they are always coming out with new classes. Some gyms cost way more than you pay at Virgin, but with a lot less variety.

This is my third time back over the years due to moving locations for work. I'd love to give 4.5 stars, but only due to the lack of locations.

I have and always will highly recommend Virgin Active.

Poor encounter with staff

Have been a member for over a year and mostly just work out on my own. Prior to today would have easily rated the gym 5 stars but ran into a very unhelpful staff member today which was very disappointing. Seemed like she was trying her best to make my life as difficult as possible.

Too expensive

Cancelled antigravity program without any notifications

I enjoy antigravity classes at Moore park and I singed up for the yearly membership, but virgin active just cancelled whole program! It’s really disappointed!

HairyMary