Virgin Money Low Rate

Virgin Money Low Rate

Terrible

These cards are managed by citi finance. If you previously enquired for a credit card or loan through them, they will decline the application and won't notify you until really late. Stay away from these crooks

Frustrating application process, incredibly slow and not worth the wait

I applied for this card based the finder.com.au website comparison of low rate cards with a balance transfer. Canstar indicated that it has some of the fastest approval times, but this couldn't be further from the truth. The credit application asks for very few details, which means repeated follow up from the company. I was provisionally approved on application, but 16 days later, I'm still waiting for a decision on my application. This makes the balance transfer option worthless as I have had to make a payment on the card I wanted to close and now my balance transfer request will not match the actual credit card balance. Despite uploading my employment contract, the staff seemed unable to read it and called me twice to verify details clearly outlined in the contract terms. They called my employer twice to verify my salary and employment status, which was in the contract, and called me to tell me to instruct my employer to provide them information. On last contact, I was told my I would have a decision last week, but still have heard nothing. I have now written need to withdraw my application.

Bad Customer Service

I too am fed up with the very poor customer service from Virgin Money from first day I applied.
I initially applied for a Low Rate Credit Card a year ago. I was charged a $99 Annual Fee. Then a couple of months ago they called me to ask if I wanted to change to a "PayWave" card. I unfortunately agreed, but before agreeing I asked will there be any changes or additional charges. The woman I spoke to said no!!!!!! I was told there will be no changes.
So now 1 year later I get my statement and it suddenly say's I am being charged a $129 Annual Fee. How does it go from $99 to $129 ????? They seemed to have somehow switched me to another card?????

After calling them and getting someone overseas, I didn't get any help from this person and so I wrote a letter of complaint (with copies of statements as proof) to Virgin Money Customer Advocacy Unit 2 weeks ago. I still have not heard anything from them !!!!
So I have decided to take my business elsewhere and transfer my balance to another Credit Card Company.

Very Bad Custmer Service