Virgin Money No Annual Fee Visa

See the Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
Minimum Credit Limit$2,000
Minimum Income $25,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3.3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 44 days
Cash Advance Rate20.99% p.a.
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 36 months
Balance Transfer Rate 6.9% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%
Release dateAug 2006

Terrible system

Absolutely terrible. Paid off my credit card in full the day prior to the statement coming out. A week later i get slugged a $30 late fee. Ummm what??? i called them, effectively they explained because i'd paid off the card early i was given a fee. WTH! they reversed the $30 but i continued to get calls saying i'd be charged another $30.

Low and behold, my new statement came out today, and i've been charged interest in that period they had mistakenly classed me as being 'late'. I was so angry, i called them and they've promised to credit it back on the next statement but i'll wait and see.

Terrible system. I wouldn't bother. I'm going to cancel mine.

Terrible service

Don't waste your time,they couldn't run down the road let alone run a business, I gave up trying to do the balance transfer.don't answer calls, always on hold then it just hangs up.

Application Process

Great Credit card with no annual fees and great offers

This credit card is worked really well for me when I had financial difficulties, they provide great offers such as low interest rate balance transfers, fixed rate loans etc. I had no issues every time I called to customer service they were very polite, helpful and friendly.

Card Start DateAugust 2012
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

Worst Credit Card Company Ever!!!

Had various trouble with communicating with this company-its like talking to robots!!Do not deal with this company!! If something goes wrong they are unable to solve your problems.They make everything look rosy at the start until you have a problem.

Card Start DateApril 2018

Great value card

I like this card as there are no annual fees and the rewards points earning system is a lot more generous than most other credit cards particularly the Qantas FF ones. It is easy to use, VISA is accepted in most stores and most stores do not charge CC fee like they would for an AMEX. It is easy to use overseas and each time I use it an email is sent to me straigtht away to help guard against credit card fraud

Card Start DateJuly 2018
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses and Overseas/Travel

Call Centre Gargoyles one star too many

My advice, don't even apply … I worry these dumb call centre gargoyles have affected my credit rating by declining my application. Like many other reviewers, I had all the right credentials but after multiple calls and emails they still wouldn't approve my application. Dealing with incompetent ignorant liars from some 3rd world call centre. Absolute waste of precious time. Richard Branson, your name is being turned to mud. I won't be using Virgin products anymore.

easy process, good feature

virgin money no annual fee visa card has great features compare to any other main stream provider's card, especially the acceptance by most of the merchant anywhere in the world. the application process was very simple

Card Start DateJune 2019
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Hopeless Application System

I decided to try the travel reward card to get extra velocity points. As a platinum frequent flyer and with substantial net assets and income and a credit score in the 900s I thought getting approved for a mere $6000 credit card would be easy. However, having filled in the fairly basic online application (which doesn’t allow you to enter a lot of your assets) and without being contacted by Virgin I received advice of being declined. I tried to talk to someone in Australia but unfortunately it appears their approval team is overseas. I assume that my being retired and over 65 is held against me. I would recommend that people steer clear of this company.

Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

No Fees However No Customer Service and No Fraud Protection- Steer Clear

We reported an unauthorised transaction and cancelled the credit card etc. to be issued with a new one. They did not reverse the transaction or investigate and have no robust system to deal with fraud. They say they attempted to call us which was a lie. I sent a complaint to customer service and never received a response. In this day and age with scams everywhere I would not go with Virgin Money as you will indeed lose a lot of your money. Also, their online system is rubbish compared to CBA, NAB & ING

June 20th 2019 Update: It gets worse they charge international transaction fees for Booking.com!!

They charged me over 10 dollars in international transaction fees for bookings on www.booking.com totalling 370. These guys really are the pits. Have had two fraudulous transactions and the told me someone would ring back and they just cancel the credit card each time. Robotic call centre staff that barely speak English and couldn't care less. Typical Branson - all about the sales and getting your money and then you're on your own!

Card Start DateMarch 2019

Not worth the hassle

Application involved 10 phone calls asking the same questions. There is no continuity as far as their records. I got sick of dealing with their overseas call centre. I withdrew my application. Still no application result after 17 days. I applied through a bank. Approved same day!

Card Start DateJanuary 2018
Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

Painful. Don't Bother!

I have an "excellent" credit score, been on a salary of $100K - $150K for more than 15 years and have only one other credit card with a perfect payment history.
I applied for a Virgin Money credit card to help build up my Velocity points.
After applying and submitting all the required supporting documents I heard nothing for a week. I rang the call centre and was told by someone who could barely speak English that my application was rejected and that they could not provide any further explanation.
I then applied for a Qantas affiliated rewards card which was conditionally approved instantaneously and received within one week of my payslips being submitted.
Work that out.

Virgin No Money

Applied for Virgin Money credit card twice over the years, most recent last week and was rejected both times. Apparently impeccable reddit rating and working full time for the government for ten years is not enough job security. Tell me what is enough then please. No don’t, I want nothing to do with you.

Don't Bother

Please get people who can speak english especially if they are the people that decides who gets application approved or not.... Not looking forward to contact their customer service for existing customers.

Appalling Service

I had a Virgin money Visa as an emergency back up card (for if my main card is lost or stolen). When it expired they didn't send a replacement or notify me. So when I NEEDED it when my other card was lost it had expired. I rang them and they said I didn't use it so they won't be issuing me a new one. Wow! For the cost of a piece of plastic, they don't want my future business, never ever using Virgin Money for anything again.

Shocking service, disgraceful!!!

Stay away from Virgin Money credit card. They are disgraceful, no customer services at all. We have lodged a dispute for a number of transactions which someone has used the card without having the card physically. Virgin Money said they will reverse them, but we have received 2 statements later on which show Virgin Money actually debited back some fraud transactions and charging us!!! We rang the call centre many times and they promised they will reverse and call us - NEVER happened at all. People at the call centre lie and never do what they promised. They just don't care at all. Don't bother having this card - too risky and it will waste your time and money for sure!!!!

Virgin bad service

Don't bother disgraceful service and no one contacted under the complaints both online and being escalated to a supervisor which obviously does not exist.
Shop elsewhere I don't know why I bothered go to Qantas.

Poor

You are better off getting it elsewhere. The application process is awful and you won't know the progress of your application until you contact them. Affiliated to citi bank and an absolute waste of time

Absolute Bandits!

I paid our Virgin Credit Card out completely on the 11th of June and then started using it again a few days later, assuming that like other credit cards, I would then be on an interest free period. WRONG! They charged me $24.26 interest for June, which was for the billing days prior the 11th of June and that was OK but then the next month they back charged me another $64.22 for June interest! I called them to see what was going on and they told me that I have to pay out my credit card completely for TWO CONSECUTIVE MONTHS to go back to an interest free period! I told them I have never heard of such nonsense, that every other bank puts you back to interest free once the card has been paid out in full. Virgin are absolute bandits! They are stealing from those who can least afford it, knowing full well that most people can't afford to pay their credit card out two months in a row. No wonder they are doing a Royal Commission in these blood suckers!

Woeful service / application procedure.

Virgin's approach to new applicants is enough to put anyone seeking a professional service off from doing business with them. I made an application for a credit card, and was sent an email confirming receipt. That was it. From that point, I heard nothing. The site said my application was 'under review', and this didn't change for over a week.

At that point, I called them and was told the application was declined, for unspecified reasons. The person I talked to attempted to convince me that no decisions on credit could be revealed online in any circumstances, which is nonsense (he was able to tell me only by asking the same questions the website asks to access the application status!)

A vague reference was made to a "letter" being sent out (which hasn't been received, in common with others here). Ultimately, very poor indeed. It will certainly lead to me looking elsewhere in the future.

I wish there was a zero stars

I closed my account in April, and had money owed to me which they were supposed to repay. As of July I am still getting letters from them saying I owe them money. They are charging me $10 per week late fees, plus interest, plus ruining my credit rating - for money they owe me! I wish I could charge them my hourly salary for the 3-4 hours I have spent on the phone to them trying to fix their mess.

Their customer service team is inept and doesn't communicate with their billing and payments team - who are also inept.

The refund they were supposed to send me was actually debited back onto my CLOSED credit card and was accruing interest and late payment fees.

This is the worst service I have ever encountered by a bank. Do not ever use VIRGIN MONEY.