Virgin Money No Annual Fee Visa

Virgin Money No Annual Fee Visa

Pros

• No Annual Fee

• 6.9% p.a. on balance transfers for up to 36 months if you apply by 02 December 2019

Cons

• 3.3% International Transaction Fee

• You can't earn Velocity Points even though this card is issued by Virgin

• Balance Transfer Rate at the end of the offer period reverts to the Cash Advance Rate of 20.99% p.a.

2.8

SAL

SALGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If you care for your credit score, think before apply!

Amit J.

Amit J.Perth, WA

Never ever go with these falsifiers ...

I ordered card with option of Balance transfer but they after sending 4 requests said that offer is not available, and dam charged me annual fee for keeping card for only 1 month with no transactions.

Card Start DateApril 2020
  • Online Shopping
Dylan H.

Dylan H.Perth, WA

Now with COVID what is the benefits of highflyer?

No updates. $199 a year fee still being charged. Calling call centre has Aussie accent, but call centre foreign? No empathy, and bad lines.

What's happening with the high flyer card now? Fee? Existing year lounge passes? Points accrued?

I have the black highflyer card and with COVID I thought I'd downgrade to the cheaper annual fee card in the meantime, the operator said I needed to 'apply for that'. WTH? NO!

4 years ago they changed from Mastercard to Visa, they called and asked if that was ok? I said yes... credit file check ... I wasn't aware of, and still shows on my credit file.

SHAME ON YOU VIRGIN MONEY!!!

ZEEEEROOOO

Card Start DateFebruary 2016
No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Find out how Virgin Money No Annual Fee Visa compares to other No Annual Fee Credit Cards

Ace

AceSydney, NSW

Not a happy long time customer!

There are many hidden fees and charges you won't be told about until you see it on your bill. After being a customer for 12 years and never missing a payment they are not helpful. If your 1 day late with even a $30 payment you are no longer interest free for that period and they slug you with more fees and charges they never mentioned exist. I do not believe they deserve any customers as they do not care about long time customer loyalty. Even during the covid 19 crisis they will look to take advantage of you instead . I would run from anything with Virgin on it from now on.

Smc

Smc

Never apply for this credit card they will destroy your credit score and not give a specific reason why.

annoyed

annoyedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Would give zero if I could

These people do not return emails or call when promised. I have been waiting over two weeks for my account to be credited and it still hasn’t been done despite repeated promises. DO NOT TRUST!!!

Pam Carr

Pam CarrGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

CREDIT CARD APPLICATION

john

johnHobart, TAS

Go elsewhere for your credit card!

Naoki D

Naoki DFar North Queensland, QLD

Good simple credit card at a low rate

Good for those with low income. Does what it says. Although i think the website could be a bit better design wise but functionally works perfectly fine. Only thing i wish this card had was a reward points like the no annual fee coles credit cards do.

Card Start DateJune 2018

Terrible system

Absolutely terrible. Paid off my credit card in full the day prior to the statement coming out. A week later i get slugged a $30 late fee. Ummm what??? i called them, effectively they explained because i'd paid off the card early i was given a fee. WTH! they reversed the $30 but i continued to get calls saying i'd be charged another $30.

Low and behold, my new statement came out today, and i've been charged interest in that period they had mistakenly classed me as being 'late'. I was so angry, i called them and they've promised to credit it back on the next statement but i'll wait and see.

Terrible system. I wouldn't bother. I'm going to cancel mine.

dale i.

dale i.Darwin, NT

Terrible service

Don't waste your time,they couldn't run down the road let alone run a business, I gave up trying to do the balance transfer.don't answer calls, always on hold then it just hangs up.

Niran

Niran

Great Credit card with no annual fees and great offers

This credit card is worked really well for me when I had financial difficulties, they provide great offers such as low interest rate balance transfers, fixed rate loans etc. I had no issues every time I called to customer service they were very polite, helpful and friendly.

Card Start DateAugust 2012
Michael

MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst Credit Card Company Ever!!!

Had various trouble with communicating with this company-its like talking to robots!!Do not deal with this company!! If something goes wrong they are unable to solve your problems.They make everything look rosy at the start until you have a problem.

Card Start DateApril 2018
Melbourne Trav

Melbourne TravGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great value card

I like this card as there are no annual fees and the rewards points earning system is a lot more generous than most other credit cards particularly the Qantas FF ones. It is easy to use, VISA is accepted in most stores and most stores do not charge CC fee like they would for an AMEX. It is easy to use overseas and each time I use it an email is sent to me straigtht away to help guard against credit card fraud

Card Start DateJuly 2018
Robb K.

Robb K.Perth, WA

Call Centre Gargoyles one star too many

My advice, don't even apply … I worry these dumb call centre gargoyles have affected my credit rating by declining my application. Like many other reviewers, I had all the right credentials but after multiple calls and emails they still wouldn't approve my application. Dealing with incompetent ignorant liars from some 3rd world call centre. Absolute waste of precious time. Richard Branson, your name is being turned to mud. I won't be using Virgin products anymore.

Eric

EricSouth East Queensland, QLD

easy process, good feature

virgin money no annual fee visa card has great features compare to any other main stream provider's card, especially the acceptance by most of the merchant anywhere in the world. the application process was very simple

Card Start DateJune 2019
  • Online Shopping

Chris B.

Chris B.South East Queensland, QLD

Hopeless Application System

I decided to try the travel reward card to get extra velocity points. As a platinum frequent flyer and with substantial net assets and income and a credit score in the 900s I thought getting approved for a mere $6000 credit card would be easy. However, having filled in the fairly basic online application (which doesn’t allow you to enter a lot of your assets) and without being contacted by Virgin I received advice of being declined. I tried to talk to someone in Australia but unfortunately it appears their approval team is overseas. I assume that my being retired and over 65 is held against me. I would recommend that people steer clear of this company.

stephen13

stephen13Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No Fees However No Customer Service and No Fraud Protection- Steer Clear

Card Start DateMarch 2019
Sonya

SonyaSydney

Not worth the hassle

Application involved 10 phone calls asking the same questions. There is no continuity as far as their records. I got sick of dealing with their overseas call centre. I withdrew my application. Still no application result after 17 days. I applied through a bank. Approved same day!

Card Start DateJanuary 2018

Macca

MaccaBrisbane

Painful. Don't Bother!

I have an "excellent" credit score, been on a salary of $100K - $150K for more than 15 years and have only one other credit card with a perfect payment history.
I applied for a Virgin Money credit card to help build up my Velocity points.
After applying and submitting all the required supporting documents I heard nothing for a week. I rang the call centre and was told by someone who could barely speak English that my application was rejected and that they could not provide any further explanation.
I then applied for a Qantas affiliated rewards card which was conditionally approved instantaneously and received within one week of my payslips being submitted.
Work that out.