2.7

0% p.a. for 12 months on balance transfers
0% p.a. for 12 months on purchases
3.3% International Transaction Fee
You can't earn Velocity Points even though this card is issued by Virgin
Balance Transfer Rate at the end of the offer period reverts to the Cash Advance Rate of 20.99% p.a.

CategoryNo Annual Fee Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Card TypeVisa
BenefitsIntroductory Interest Rate
Minimum Credit Limit $2,000
Minimum Income $25,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $0 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Annual Fee$0 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3.3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate20.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Introductory Rate 0% p.a. for 12 months on purchases
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 12 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.
Balance Transfer Fee 0%
Release date
  • FAIR_COMPARISON: 6391

Valerio
Valerio

Choice a better credit card next time

Applied for the card to get rewards , card approved 20 days before i got it at home. Had no chance to obtain points since the short time from approval to get it in my possess.
Unclear communications and provedures. App low functions. Show details
Mehow
MehowSydney, NSW8 posts

I wish I was with another bank

I’ve had this card for 6 years. It’s expensive but provides (maybe) travel insurance. I’m yet to try. Recently had some gpay fraudulent activity on my card. Virgin money were the worse to deal with and now we are looking at court action. Please be aware. I think Citibank backed and that’s why. Show details
VI503
VI503Melbourne18 posts

Stay away!

They charge INTL transactions fees even you process the payment via an Australian terminal.
Non of the other banks do it. Show details
Skydiver574
Skydiver574Perth, WA9 posts

Sloth
Sloth22 posts

Alyssa
Alyssa

Be careful if youre getting the card for points

I got a virgin credit card for the points, however, the statement came earlier than 30 days, so I had not spent the required amount (since it was less than 30 days) so I did not get the points.
gil
gilSydney, NSW3 posts

Expensive for foreign currency transaction; terrible customer sevice

Wow, very terrible customer service after long waiting on phone.

On of my online payment transaction was declined so I made the phone call. After the customer service rep checked my account, she said nothing is wrong with my card, maybe I can uninstall and restore the app?! I explained to her it is irrelevant as I was not transferring money or paying someone via the app. She said " oh well..." ... Shocking! She then said "you might also try since nothing wrong with your card..."

This is shocking ...

Plus expensive transaction fee for foreign currency transactions... So I am leaving Viegin money for sure! Show details

Bec
BecSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

Literally the worst credit card I've ever owned (and I've owned many)

Appalling I actually didn't get this card but the one you PAY FOR. Unbelievable. You don't wait on hold because your call is outsourced to India where you can hear ten men shouting in the background. They have to google each instruction they give. No Google pay option. The app literally doesn't work whatsoever. Their best recommendation is to use the website... Are you kidding??? It's not even worth the bonus points. I gave up. Show details
Josh
Josh13 posts

simon r.
simon r.

Poor Customer Service

Just poor customer service. Tried to get my partner added as an additional card holder - took 4-6 weeks. Since then I've been massively turned off as they were unresponsive to my requests (all very reasonable).
I think its by far the worst banking instituation i've ever dealt with - not a fan.
Rose
Rose

Do not apply for this card

Like everyone else’s comments, I was another ‘burned’ customer. Wish I hadn’t wasted my time, and like others my now my perfect credit score has a blemish on it. Shame on you Virgin money, never will I cross paths with you again. Show details
Julie
Juliecasey11 posts

Peter
PeterPerth, WA12 posts

i shouldn't have applied their credit card. now they just rejected my application and made my score looking bad!

they are very not transparent, not responsible, not communicative and not professional. now i regret applying for it, they checked my credit score, and i am afraid they have made it looking worse. i guess they just don't care. if you only take advantage of free annual fee and free balance transfer, i think you are not welcomed! Show details
Burningrage