7Volkswagen Beetle

ParkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC19 posts
rexyb
rexybSouth West, WA27 posts

what a great 2+2 coupe

We have only had it 2 years but all is going very well.7speed DSG is fantastic,cant notice gear changes,1.4 litre twin charged goes like crazy.Interior has a few minor faults.Sunvisors are too short for side sun glare,seat height adjuster lever gets pushed every time we hop in.Servicing costs are on the high side but fuel consumpsion is great.So far we are very happy with our first VW.As we are only a couple it has plenty of room for travelling with back seats down.Platinum grey paint job is superb in and out.Yes people do look but we love it.They are or were over priced but there is no mistaking what you are driving.A very unique car!

Show details

Pierre
PierreAU30 posts
Buddy126 posts

Brillant car

I bought a Beetle for my wife. I must I was sceptical at first but test driving the car I was very impressed. The build quality is excellent and the handling exceptional not to forget the smooth ride exceeding that of comparable other cars. Not only will I be selling my car to buy a Volkswagen so are many of our friends and relatives. A sensational car to drive with great reliability and classic styling that never dates.
Handles beautifully, excellent build quality, attractive body shape.
 Show details
anna123
anna1234 posts

OK

I loved this car for the way it looked and the way you feel when driving it. However, it is highly impractical, and is really only comfortable for two people. If you want a car that looks hot, but not much else, BUY IT!
Looks great, fun to drive, people stare at you when you drive it!! Exceptional european quality, will last forever without much maintenance. Fuel efficient, yet still powerful!
Space inside is limited by the huuuge dash! Back seats are cramped and the roof curves over so only children can sit in there comfortably without hitting their heads. Base model has limited features. Show details
Buddy12

A sensational car to drive, great fun!

edwinama
edwinama
  9C

Bad

I have had nothing with problems with my VW Beetle since buying it. It's been in and out of the mechanic and I've spent literally thousands getting it towed, repaired, towed again... Each time I've had it on the tow truck, I've asked the driver whether they get many Beetles broken down and have had the same response- HEAPS. AVOID THESE CARS...
It looks good.
It's a lemon. Show details
Buddy12

If you bought a car that has been abused of course it will break down. As for asking Tow truck drivers their opinion, what do they know about cars! I have had far more problems with my Holden Commodore than you can imagine.

joh31Sydney, NSW63 posts
Buddy12

Poor build??? I totally disagree. I relation to use of space of course it is not as practical as a Golf but the Beetle is all about style. If you want a practical car buy a Golf