Volkswagen Beetle

Volkswagen Beetle

1L (2013-2016) and 9C (2000-2010)

See the Best Hatchbacks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Parker

ParkerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Looks great but DSG and VW Servicing are problematic

Date PurchasedAug 2013

rexyb

rexybSouth West, WA

what a great 2+2 coupe

We have only had it 2 years but all is going very well.7speed DSG is fantastic,cant notice gear changes,1.4 litre twin charged goes like crazy.Interior has a few minor faults.Sunvisors are too short for side sun glare,seat height adjuster lever gets pushed every time we hop in.Servicing costs are on the high side but fuel consumpsion is great.So far we are very happy with our first VW.As we are only a couple it has plenty of room for travelling with back seats down.Platinum grey paint job is superb in and out.Yes people do look but we love it.They are or were over priced but there is no mistaking what you are driving.A very unique car!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Great head turning car.

Badge0

ClayMolendinar

New "The Beetle" 2015 (MY16)

BadgeR-Line Version
Clay

Still have the Beetle and have only done 13,0000 klms. Extremely happy and it's still a head turner! As the motor has worn in a little it seems to be performing better as well

Pierre

PierreAU

Fun car ruined by build quality and now a blown motor

Body0

Brillant car

I bought a Beetle for my wife. I must I was sceptical at first but test driving the car I was very impressed. The build quality is excellent and the handling exceptional not to forget the smooth ride exceeding that of comparable other cars. Not only will I be selling my car to buy a Volkswagen so are many of our friends and relatives. A sensational car to drive with great reliability and classic styling that never dates.
Handles beautifully, excellent build quality, attractive body shape.

anna123

anna123

OK

I loved this car for the way it looked and the way you feel when driving it. However, it is highly impractical, and is really only comfortable for two people. If you want a car that looks hot, but not much else, BUY IT!
Looks great, fun to drive, people stare at you when you drive it!! Exceptional european quality, will last forever without much maintenance. Fuel efficient, yet still powerful!
Space inside is limited by the huuuge dash! Back seats are cramped and the roof curves over so only children can sit in there comfortably without hitting their heads. Base model has limited features.

Buddy12

A sensational car to drive, great fun!

Bad

I have had nothing with problems with my VW Beetle since buying it. It's been in and out of the mechanic and I've spent literally thousands getting it towed, repaired, towed again... Each time I've had it on the tow truck, I've asked the driver whether they get many Beetles broken down and have had the same response- HEAPS. AVOID THESE CARS...
It looks good.
It's a lemon.

Buddy12

If you bought a car that has been abused of course it will break down. As for asking Tow truck drivers their opinion, what do they know about cars! I have had far more problems with my Holden Commodore than you can imagine.

joh31Sydney, NSW

OK

Buddy12

Poor build??? I totally disagree. I relation to use of space of course it is not as practical as a Golf but the Beetle is all about style. If you want a practical car buy a Golf

Belinda Scully

Belinda Scullyasked

I'm looking at buying a MY2003 Ikon Coupe in manual, whats the difference & benefits -pros & cons -with the varying models?

joh31

The 2003 Ikon is just VW reducing the price of the 2000-2002 models.The intro models were wildly overpriced. Most other aspects are identical. Is your model the 1.6 litre or the 2.0 litre engine. The smaller engine lacks power and responsiveness even with the manual transmission. Go for the 2.0 litre/manual, its a winner. The Ikon has metallic paint and many are standard with neat alloy wheels. Apart fom that the problems with the earlier models are said to still exist and aren't cured until much later. The electrics are terrible in most of them. My tip is to get the latest, lowest mileage model you can find, Pay more but avoid the crappy Mexican quality control of the earlier ones like I had..

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives

Volkswagen Beetle 1L
  • Discontinued

Volkswagen Beetle 1L (2013-2016)

Volkswagen Beetle 9C
  • Discontinued

Volkswagen Beetle 9C (2000-2010)

CategoryHatchbacksHatchbacks