7L, 7P, CR 190TDI Launch Edition

• Interior Design
  • Boot Size
  • Comfort
  • Features

Great towing capacity and luxury

Nice car great to drive plenty of interior space and comfort.. fuel consumption is good we can get ours down to 9L/100km when driving highway would recommend a Touareg great for towing..

Purchased in December 2020.

Kim LPerth, WA

Absolutely, Brilliant Motor Vehicle

I am a 71 year old male businessman ( background as, Automotive Engineer ) from Perth, WA who has owned and driven nearly EVERY 4WD SUV or sedan over time. Normally, I swap out cars when 12-18 months old! I acquired my R-Line V8 Touareg new in January 2014....have travelled city and country over 110,000 klms. Simply put, I cannot imagine driving anything else...there is no SUV which comes anywhere near this vehicle for comfort, handling, torque/power, effortless towing, solid build quality, simplicity, quiet, with an enduring body shape. I would thoroughly recommend buying one preferably, with good VW service records...

Purchased in January 2014 at John Hughes Car Sales.

Awesome vehicle

Purchased to pull our 2.9t caravan which it does comfortably. Fantastic interior, love the massage seats, engine/transmission smoothness, fuel economy best 5.2L/100klm (no van), worst 13L/100klm (vehicle/caravan fully loaded), long term average 7.4L/100klm (over 10k klms). Only concern is the space saver spare capability once away from populated areas and on poor roads. Also the suitability of standard 20 inch wheels. Our options include Innovision pack and panoramic sunroof.

Once over the initial setup for each driver, the Touareg becomes possibly the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. The first service has just been completed, no issues or warranty concerns to date.

Purchased in October 2019 at Keystar Volkswagen Kippa-Ring.

GWR
GWRHunter Region, NSW

Have tried most of the others and decided the 190 tdi would meet all my needs.

Purchased in February 2020 at VWTaree.

Sean
SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2007 TDI v6 is a beast but do your research

Purchased in February 2020 for $11,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Gerry F.
Gerry F.Hunter Region, NSW

VW service

Firstly this is my first VW and I started with the best in my opinion. I have a 2015 V6 tdi 180 kw which I purchased in November 2017. After one month I noticed the day time driving light on the driver side was not working and dealer said it needed to be replaced at a cost of $1700. I contacted VW aust. and after complaining about the cost and reliability the review the car’s service history and agreed to replace it free of charge. That good customer service and I love everything about this car, the ride the fuel consumption the towing capacity just to name a few.

Purchased in November 2017.

Fantastic Car (But)

My 2016 Touareg has fading window trim . Vw don’t want to know about it.
Shame really as the car is the very best of some 30 cars of ever owned.
I have treated it exactly the same as my previous 2009 Touareg and never had a problem.
It is obviously an issue that VW should make good.
Ian

Purchased in January 2017 for $75,000.00.

Morad
Morad

Great Car! Love its features and comforts!

I bought a 2017 V6 TDI. Great car I have ever driven. Very comfortable specially, I love air suspension, spacious cabin, leather heated seats, heated steering wheel. Also, It has got plenty of power and quick to speed up even though it is a diesel engine. I usually drive the car for long drive at the weekend. I have been driving this car for more than 1.5 year and do not have any issues so far.

Purchased in December 2017 at Volkswagen Dealers.

Peter-John d.
Peter-John d.Aitkenvale

Nicest car I have ever driven

Originally purchased to tow a pop top caravan. Now primary transport. Tows the van effortlessly.
Because the car was already some 9 years old when originally purchased second hand and 220 k k's I have had to replace many things. Alternator, starter motor, water pump ,prop shaft, air-con blowers and suspension bushes, still a bargain. Shopping for engine mounts now, but still love the car, Dragging the van for >21 k k's average fuel consumption was 15.8 l/100 km! Has all the bells and whistles and a unique badge I wish I had 5 bux for every v8 LC dragging a a 'van' we over took. I could buy beer for a year!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Am I a happy vegemite?Gold Coast

Great, but...

Badge????
Date PurchasedDec 2015

Great car if you don’t care its badge

I give a four star due to its dated interior. My Touareg is 2015 edition , 40000km on the clock now, no issue at all. Top class handling and comfort as a suv in this size.
Recommended!

Looking forward to the new Touareg, it looks more handsome than the Q7 in my opinion.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
PaulW
PaulWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Adventure Pack

What a great car, in the real tradition of Volkswagen. I had a BMW X3, this is a significant class above. Smooth 6, same ZF 8 speed transmission, 100 liter fuel tank and the Adventure series has virtually all options included. No wonder it was such a popular seller. It cruises both in town and country effortlessly does not feel big and cheaper than same platform Audi or Porsche. Looking fwd to many happy miles around Australia.
Only negative things is dealer and VW have no idea how to do a vehicle handover for a vehicle that has so many features, you are left on your own to figure it all out via one very complex user manual. They should learn a lesson from Apple.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Nadiaasked
Touareg

Looking at purchasing the new Touareg 170TDI and would love to hear some advice.

Kim L

I am sorry, cannot comment on the new model, I wrote concerning the car I currently drive and have done from new...which has been wonderful

Thank you Kim.

Ken

What’s the purpose of buying the Touareg? As a people-mover, you could choose better value (no 3rd row seats).

But if you’re after a SUV that rides better than others in its class, you’re at the table. A bonus is that it tows up to 3.5 tonne, which shows the strength of its chassis & power train. Most important is that it needs to be serviced regularly by someone who knows them (preferably VW dealer). It is a fussy vehicle in terms of options, so it’s best to have them fitted at delivery, unless you have a friend who’s loving a challenge!

I have a 2019 Launch Edition 190kw, after 18 months & 20k klms.

D Dunn
D Dunnasked
Touareg

We have just bought a 2013 Toureg and a caravan does any one know about or have experience with raising the rear suspension.

budget
budgetasked
7P V8 TDI R-Line (2013-2018)

hi there,
just wondering about r line owners who tow a van please.
have you had any problems weight wise?
what size van and weight.
paul

Fangio
Fangio

I tow a Jayco Silverline 23' Caravan and weighs in at 3200kg. My 2016 V8 Touareg tows it easily and the fuel consumption is still pretty good, about 9lt per 100km. The best towing vehicle I have ever owned.

Compare all 9 Volkswagen Touareg
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Starting Price $89,990$68,990$70,990$74,990
TransmissionAutomaticAutomaticAutomaticAutomatic
Drive TypeFour Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)Four Wheel Drive (4WD)
Fuel TypeDieselDieselDieselDiesel
Max Torque600Nm @ 2250rpm450Nm @ 2750rpm450Nm @ 2750rpm450Nm @ 2750rpm
Country of ManufactureSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakiaSlovakia
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg3,500 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)750 kg750 kg750 kg750 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Dimensions