Volkswagen Touareg

• Features
  • Comfort

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

2007 TDI v6 is a beast but do your research

Purchased in February 2020 for A$11,000.00.

Year2007
Gerry F.

Gerry F.Hunter Region, NSW

VW service

Firstly this is my first VW and I started with the best in my opinion. I have a 2015 V6 tdi 180 kw which I purchased in November 2017. After one month I noticed the day time driving light on the driver side was not working and dealer said it needed to be replaced at a cost of $1700. I contacted VW aust. and after complaining about the cost and reliability the review the car’s service history and agreed to replace it free of charge. That good customer service and I love everything about this car, the ride the fuel consumption the towing capacity just to name a few.

Purchased in November 2017.

Year2015

Fantastic Car (But)

My 2016 Touareg has fading window trim . Vw don’t want to know about it.
Shame really as the car is the very best of some 30 cars of ever owned.
I have treated it exactly the same as my previous 2009 Touareg and never had a problem.
It is obviously an issue that VW should make good.
Ian

Purchased in January 2017 for A$75,000.00.

Year2016

Morad

Morad

Great Car! Love its features and comforts!

I bought a 2017 V6 TDI. Great car I have ever driven. Very comfortable specially, I love air suspension, spacious cabin, leather heated seats, heated steering wheel. Also, It has got plenty of power and quick to speed up even though it is a diesel engine. I usually drive the car for long drive at the weekend. I have been driving this car for more than 1.5 year and do not have any issues so far.

Purchased in December 2017 at Volkswagen Dealers.

Year2017

Peter-John d.Aitkenvale

Nicest car I have ever driven

Originally purchased to tow a pop top caravan. Now primary transport. Tows the van effortlessly.
Because the car was already some 9 years old when originally purchased second hand and 220 k k's I have had to replace many things. Alternator, starter motor, water pump ,prop shaft, air-con blowers and suspension bushes, still a bargain. Shopping for engine mounts now, but still love the car, Dragging the van for >21 k k's average fuel consumption was 15.8 l/100 km! Has all the bells and whistles and a unique badge I wish I had 5 bux for every v8 LC dragging a a 'van' we over took. I could buy beer for a year!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great, but...

Badge????
Date PurchasedDec 2015

Find out how Volkswagen Touareg compares to other Large / 7 Seater SUVs

Great car if you don’t care its badge

I give a four star due to its dated interior. My Touareg is 2015 edition , 40000km on the clock now, no issue at all. Top class handling and comfort as a suv in this size.
Recommended!

Looking forward to the new Touareg, it looks more handsome than the Q7 in my opinion.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
PaulW

PaulWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Adventure Pack

What a great car, in the real tradition of Volkswagen. I had a BMW X3, this is a significant class above. Smooth 6, same ZF 8 speed transmission, 100 liter fuel tank and the Adventure series has virtually all options included. No wonder it was such a popular seller. It cruises both in town and country effortlessly does not feel big and cheaper than same platform Audi or Porsche. Looking fwd to many happy miles around Australia.
Only negative things is dealer and VW have no idea how to do a vehicle handover for a vehicle that has so many features, you are left on your own to figure it all out via one very complex user manual. They should learn a lesson from Apple.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
JTem

JTemSydney

Great car

This is an awesome luxury SUV. It drives very well, great steering, handling and accelaration. It is a nice solid big car but doesn't feel big at all to drive. The interior is very luxurious, especially for the price. I haven't gone off road but it seems properly equipped to manage most terrain.

Badge150TDi Element
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
IronMaiden

IronMaidenBowral

2017 Adventure

I have been driving my Touareg for three months and cannot find anything I am not happy with, this is an upgrade from a Tiguan and Golf Comfortline before that, so I am familiar with a lot of the VW technology, yet I am still finding many extras in Touareg. Easy to drive with only minimal noise, the air suspension smooths out the ride, good response from the V6 and reasonable economy of 9L/100 on long trips. The all round camera system is a bonus for parking. The parking sensors can be a bit frightening at first but you soon get to understand them in conjunction with the camera display.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Fred

FredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful vehicle

Purchased in December 2017.

BoughtNew
Year2017
roni

roniqld

adaptive cruise control

problem with adaptive cruise control at random turns off then at random turns back on
always works when car first starts then goes off other items change as well ie mirrors dont close
service centre no help been twice and they say there is nothing wrong that they can detect

BadgeV8 TDI R-Line

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rach W

Rach WMount Barker

Absolutely brilliant family vehicle

Excellent drive, loads of room for our young family with 2 small children. Very reliable and runs like a dream. For a 2004 model it feels very modern.
My only dislike is fuel usage but as we don’t take a lot of long trips it’s great for us. The car feels very stable on our country roads.

BadgeLuxury

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Ian G

Ian GO'Connor

Excellent Car

The Touareg is a fantastic car to drive, so smooth on the road and very economical. It has plenty of legroom and boot space. It gives you so much information about the car and the navigation system is great. I love the seat heaters couldn't live without them in winter.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

This is the best family vehicle I have ever drove.

BadgeV6 FSI