Volkswagen Touareg

Volkswagen Touareg

7L, 7P, CR 190TDI Launch Edition

See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Morad

Morad

Great Car! Love its features and comforts!

I bought a 2017 V6 TDI. Great car I have ever driven. Very comfortable specially, I love air suspension, spacious cabin, leather heated seats, heated steering wheel. Also, It has got plenty of power and quick to speed up even though it is a diesel engine. I usually drive the car for long drive at the weekend. I have been driving this car for more than 1.5 year and do not have any issues so far.

Purchased in December 2017 at Volkswagen Dealers.

BoughtUsed
Year2017

Peter-John d.Aitkenvale

Nicest car I have ever driven

Originally purchased to tow a pop top caravan. Now primary transport. Tows the van effortlessly.
Because the car was already some 9 years old when originally purchased second hand and 220 k k's I have had to replace many things. Alternator, starter motor, water pump ,prop shaft, air-con blowers and suspension bushes, still a bargain. Shopping for engine mounts now, but still love the car, Dragging the van for >21 k k's average fuel consumption was 15.8 l/100 km! Has all the bells and whistles and a unique badge I wish I had 5 bux for every v8 LC dragging a a 'van' we over took. I could buy beer for a year!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Am I a happy vegemite?Gold Coast

Great, but...

Badge????
Date PurchasedDec 2015

Great car if you don’t care its badge

I give a four star due to its dated interior. My Touareg is 2015 edition , 40000km on the clock now, no issue at all. Top class handling and comfort as a suv in this size.
Recommended!

Looking forward to the new Touareg, it looks more handsome than the Q7 in my opinion.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Adventure Pack

What a great car, in the real tradition of Volkswagen. I had a BMW X3, this is a significant class above. Smooth 6, same ZF 8 speed transmission, 100 liter fuel tank and the Adventure series has virtually all options included. No wonder it was such a popular seller. It cruises both in town and country effortlessly does not feel big and cheaper than same platform Audi or Porsche. Looking fwd to many happy miles around Australia.
Only negative things is dealer and VW have no idea how to do a vehicle handover for a vehicle that has so many features, you are left on your own to figure it all out via one very complex user manual. They should learn a lesson from Apple.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
JTem

JTemSydney

Great car

This is an awesome luxury SUV. It drives very well, great steering, handling and accelaration. It is a nice solid big car but doesn't feel big at all to drive. The interior is very luxurious, especially for the price. I haven't gone off road but it seems properly equipped to manage most terrain.

Badge150TDi Element
Date PurchasedFeb 2017
IronMaiden

IronMaidenBowral

2017 Adventure

I have been driving my Touareg for three months and cannot find anything I am not happy with, this is an upgrade from a Tiguan and Golf Comfortline before that, so I am familiar with a lot of the VW technology, yet I am still finding many extras in Touareg. Easy to drive with only minimal noise, the air suspension smooths out the ride, good response from the V6 and reasonable economy of 9L/100 on long trips. The all round camera system is a bonus for parking. The parking sensors can be a bit frightening at first but you soon get to understand them in conjunction with the camera display.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Fred

FredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful vehicle

Purchased in December 2017.

BoughtNew
Year2017

roni

roniqld

adaptive cruise control

problem with adaptive cruise control at random turns off then at random turns back on
always works when car first starts then goes off other items change as well ie mirrors dont close
service centre no help been twice and they say there is nothing wrong that they can detect

BadgeV8 TDI R-Line

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Rach W

Rach WMount Barker

Absolutely brilliant family vehicle

Excellent drive, loads of room for our young family with 2 small children. Very reliable and runs like a dream. For a 2004 model it feels very modern.
My only dislike is fuel usage but as we don’t take a lot of long trips it’s great for us. The car feels very stable on our country roads.

BadgeLuxury

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Ian G

Ian GO'Connor

Excellent Car

The Touareg is a fantastic car to drive, so smooth on the road and very economical. It has plenty of legroom and boot space. It gives you so much information about the car and the navigation system is great. I love the seat heaters couldn't live without them in winter.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

This is the best family vehicle I have ever drove.

BadgeV6 FSI
Date PurchasedSep 2014

Macca

Macca

Awesome Vehicle

Great vehicle a pleasure to drive extremely comfortable tows our 2.7 tonne caravan with ease, has been averaging around 700 klm per tank of diesel city driving and around 800klm's highway driving.
I would highly recommend this vehicle for towing or general commuting to date I have had no mechanical issues.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Chook 49Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Touareg, It's a Winner

Absolutely one of the best vehicles I have owned and driven. A fantastic vehicle to drive, especially around our rough country roads, the potholes are no longer a problem. Its early days yet but have completed a number of long distance trips and step out of the car feeling relaxed and comfortable. Heaps of legroom and head height for my 1920mm frame, even in the back seat.... a driving luxury

Purchased in March 2017 for $70,000.00.

BoughtNew
Year2016

Ken

KenBairnsdale

External windows trims faded

Good things:
The car are solid and handing excellent.

Bad things:
after two months we notice the rear window trim start to fade on both side.
we brought it back to Volkswagen dealers, they said we using abrasive product. so warranty won't cover for it.
now all around the other trim start to fade too. showing bare plastic.
poor quality trim.

Badge150TDi Element
Date PurchasedSep 2016

Ronnieasked

Is the 150 kw Touareg ok for towing a less than 2 tonne caravan or should I go for the 180 kw Touareg? Does it matter that the 150 kw version doesn't have the raising and lowering capability?

Peter-John d.

It is better to have it and not need it than the reverse.
My Touareg is 165 kw, my van 1400 kg. Towing is effortless.
Get the 180 kw version!

Thanks Peter, this has helped

mark p.

mark p.asked

what do i need to look for on 2010

Peter-John d.

Just make sure it is what you need or want.
Mine is comfortable, quiet, and quick enough off the line to embarrass most other cars.
It goes my caravan with ease

Chris Dasked

I have a my13 Touareg 180kw diesel,an error code B12A122 “Left indirect ventilation flap motorUpper limit exceeded. And code B12A222 “Right indirect ventilation door control motor UPPER Limit exceeded. Both codes are static so they can’t be deleted unless action taken... Air con appears to work fine, should I worry about those codes. Dealer wants a fortune just to diagnose it. Any clues or tips, advice etc??? Cheers Chris

Peter-John d.

Pay the $150 for the diagnosis.
May save you a fortune if it is serious.
Try, however disconnecting the battery. Wait 5 minutes and reconnect.. Wait another 5 minutes before starting the engine run it at idle for at least one minute to reset the computer.
I am a layman and think that this will give the computer a re boot.
Good luck.

Chris D

Thanks mate for your thoughts will give it a try. Chris D

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives