7P, CR (See All)
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Volkswagen

• Comfort
  • Features
KerrisdaleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Had one 7P…sold my CR19..and bought another 7P

Have had a 2008,2014,2019…and now a 2017.
All used as a family 4WD,boat puller and off-road.
Great cars..particularly the 2008,2014 and my ( newish) 2017.
Having bought a CR7..I found it too carlike..and sold it and bought another 180kw TDI…
The 2008 and the 2014 did the Birdsville track and many other serious trips..
It’s a pity that VW could not jump the hurdles and have the 7P accepted for what it is..a seriously well engineered,well equipped,industrial, luxurious 4 WD .

Purchased in for $60,000.

Will FishSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Best vehicle I have ever owned (and I have owned quite a few)

Bought new late 2017, I love this car. Quiet, smooth, reliable, great technology, excellent sound system, the ideal vehicle for both our long trips from south coast NSW to central Victoria, and trips around town. We change cars every 3 years or so (2 car couple), and previously owned most Japanese brands, and while we have had a good run from all, this VW vehicle is a step above. Headlights are far superior to any other car we have owned, typical 8/100 around town and 6.5/100 on highway, great towing vehicle (900kg boat), and a pleasure to drive (even better than a Honda). Next vehicle will be a definitely be VW

Purchased in for $63,500.

temalaGippsland, VIC

Getting old but going great!

2011 model with over 320,000 km on the clock and goes like a dream. Pulls our 3 tonne off road caravan with ease. Very economical and lovely to drive. We love it.

Stunning car

Noise Level

Kim L
Kim LPerth, WA

Absolutely, Brilliant Motor Vehicle

I am a 71 year old male businessman ( background as, Automotive Engineer ) from Perth, WA who has owned and driven nearly EVERY 4WD SUV or sedan over time. Normally, I swap out cars when 12-18 months old! I acquired my R-Line V8 Touareg new in January 2014....have travelled city and country over 110,000 klms. Simply put, I cannot imagine driving anything else...there is no SUV which comes anywhere near this vehicle for comfort, handling, torque/power, effortless towing, solid build quality, simplicity, quiet, with an enduring body shape. I would thoroughly recommend buying one preferably, with good VW service records...

Purchased in at John Hughes Car Sales.

Ken
Ken

Awesome vehicle

Purchased to pull our 2.9t caravan which it does comfortably. Fantastic interior, love the massage seats, engine/transmission smoothness, fuel economy best 5.2L/100klm (no van), worst 13L/100klm (vehicle/caravan fully loaded), long term average 7.4L/100klm (over 10k klms). Only concern is the space saver spare capability once away from populated areas and on poor roads. Also the suitability of standard 20 inch wheels. Our options include Innovision pack and panoramic sunroof.

Once over the initial setup for each driver, the Touareg becomes possibly the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven. The first service has just been completed, no issues or warranty concerns to date.

Purchased in at Keystar Volkswagen Kippa-Ring.

GWRHunter Region, NSW

Have tried most of the others and decided the 190 tdi would meet all my needs.

Purchased in at VWTaree.

GWR

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Gerry F.
Gerry F.Hunter Region, NSW

VW service

Firstly this is my first VW and I started with the best in my opinion. I have a 2015 V6 tdi 180 kw which I purchased in November 2017. After one month I noticed the day time driving light on the driver side was not working and dealer said it needed to be replaced at a cost of $1700. I contacted VW aust. and after complaining about the cost and reliability the review the car’s service history and agreed to replace it free of charge. That good customer service and I love everything about this car, the ride the fuel consumption the towing capacity just to name a few.

Fantastic Car (But)

My 2016 Touareg has fading window trim . Vw don’t want to know about it.
Shame really as the car is the very best of some 30 cars of ever owned.
I have treated it exactly the same as my previous 2009 Touareg and never had a problem.
It is obviously an issue that VW should make good.
Ian

Purchased in for $75,000.

Morad
Morad

Great Car! Love its features and comforts!

I bought a 2017 V6 TDI. Great car I have ever driven. Very comfortable specially, I love air suspension, spacious cabin, leather heated seats, heated steering wheel. Also, It has got plenty of power and quick to speed up even though it is a diesel engine. I usually drive the car for long drive at the weekend. I have been driving this car for more than 1.5 year and do not have any issues so far.

Purchased in at Volkswagen Dealers.

Naj

Am I a happy vegemite?Gold Coast

Great, but...

Badge????
Date Purchased

Great car if you don’t care its badge

I give a four star due to its dated interior. My Touareg is 2015 edition , 40000km on the clock now, no issue at all. Top class handling and comfort as a suv in this size.
Recommended!

Looking forward to the new Touareg, it looks more handsome than the Q7 in my opinion.

BadgeV6 TDI

Bob M
Bob Masked
Touareg

Just purchased a 2018 touareg 56000km in excellent condition first vw
Had a genuine vw 3.5 t towbar fitted I want to tow my caravan and on hooking up
The rear dropped a small amount has anybody fitted air bags and what effect on handling do they cause

ianasked
Touareg 7P (2011-2018)

any one knows a fix for excessive fuel usage 2017 vw touarge tdi 180 exceptionable for 2 years to 30k fuel consumtion then started to climb had 7/lt-100 highway 8-9 arround town 90% of my driving is highway towing van 16- lt/100 now towing is 19/20 lt/100 had the water in air filter box have sorted that and stopped all the water ingress wondering if that had any bearing on fuel usage caused any damage to increase fuel useage have replaced mass air flow sensor air filters no better appreciate any insight some one might have
ian hardman tas australia

Sorry no idea but your original usage spot on for the 2 7P Touaregs I have had

John M.
John M.

Test the upstream and downstream co2 sensors mine is doing the same and the exhaust fumes are foul.

ian

thanks for response have not yet found the cause hope some one can put their finger on this meantime we just keep looking
ian h

ivan
ivanasked
Touareg

i have a 3.1 tone caravan im thinking of buying the v6 diesel touareg has anyone towed a heavy caravan with this car

Shane K.
Shane K.

I'm looking at buying one too. If you read all of these reviews, the Touareg apparently tows heavy loads very well.

Get an answer from our members and Volkswagen representatives

Compare all 12 Volkswagen Touareg
CategoryLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVsLarge / 7 Seater SUVs
Warranty Distance Unlimited kmsUnlimited kmsUnlimited kmsUnlimited kms
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release date