Mk.I, Mk.II (See All)
See the Best Large / 7 Seater SUVs in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Volvo? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features

HK
HKDarwin, NT

AVOID VOLVOS; lock failures a danger to occupants, Volvo denies any responsibility or claim

Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best European V8 in this era IMO

Going to work, picking up kids, weekend runabout, must refresh oils in gear box if you you want it to last, has huge amount if torque as VVT with 32 valves, Yamaha designed this motor with Volvo, east West engine with 60 degree V, for ultimate protection if in a front end crash, heap if top end luxury like air con seats, heated seats and 2 front seats have full back massage

Purchased in for $16,500.

Ems
EmsSydney, NSW

Love this car!

I purchased my XC90 in 2017 from Annlyn Motors in Penrith. I hadn't considered buying a Volvo previously but it was recommended to me. I use the car to and from work and taking the kids to weekend sport. The boot space is very generous which is great for holidays.

The 360 camera is the my most used feature, the screen is easy to navigate around and very user friendly.

My only small issue is that is it 'too safe'! It may think I'm about to collide with another car so it will break for me and this causes the seatbelts to tighten and give the kids a fright. This has only happened on a few occasions.
I would recommend this car, the service from Annlyn Motors is great too, they are reliable and a very friendly family business.

Purchased in at Annlyn Motors.

exsaau
exsaauSydney, NSW

Perfect car, still nothing comes close as far as we are concerned

With 7 full sized seats that are used daily, towbar and roof rails, this car gets loaded for trips up and down the east coast during school holidays. We have owned this vehicle since 2017.

During the school period, it does the normal take and fetch and never misses a beat. With an annual service that only issue is a small ongoing oil leak, but isn’t major and has been repaired under warranty.

It is an absolute pleasure to drive, and the adaptive cruise control works a treat. It has pretty much everything you could want plus more.

Purchased in for $80,000.

Tony
TonyHunter Region, NSW

Volvo cannot withstand pothole impact

Brand new Volvo XC 90, Bought from Volvo cars fivedock, 7000kms on clock had its tyre burst hitting a very normal looking pothole. Very sad to see this happen to Volvo who highlights its safety features.

• Incentivised Review No
Nic S.
Nic S.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect car for a growing family

This is the daily driver for the family and school run. I have owned a number of Volvo's from uni (s40, V60, etc) and just kept coming back to the XC90 once we needed 6 seats. I drove GLS and X7 and Q7 and the overall experience of the Volvo was just better. Great smooth ride and engine. Beautiful minimalistic Swedish design and interior layout - no pretence, because its a Volvo - we just love it and can't fault it.

Purchased in for $68,990.

Daniel Ray
Daniel Ray

Bad Experience with Head Office

Purchased my new xc90 before Christmas and the dealer Volvo cars Newcastle mislead me with false and inaccurate information about the car . When I contacted Volvo cats Australia they told me that they couldn’t help me.
Even after I submitted proof of the lies and inaccurate information .
Bad , bad service don’t buy a Volvo Brand New.

Purchased in at McCarroll's Automotive Group for $96,000.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas

Faults timed to perfection

My 2016 Xc90 T6 has started to electronically malfunction within weeks of the warranty expiring. First the was the fuel system. The second the HUD. All through the warranty period there have been major issues but after 3 years theyre coming thick and fast.

I love the ride and interior but its become clear that the build quality isn't up to standard.

I doubt that I will buy Volvo again.

Purchased in for $100,000.

Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best European V8 and getting sought after

Thirsty around town (17ltr per 100km).. But aweome highway driving--same fuel economy as the 6 cyc model, but more torque and power, effortless overtaking, modify the muffler a little and it sounds terrific (cost me about $150 to do) awesome massage front seats, really great value when I purchasing second hand, van size room 7seater but car handling and wagon feel

Purchased in at Car yard for $16,000.

thymosky
thymoskyNorthern Region, NSW

Volvo Australia

My Volvo is full option XC90 which in my mind is the best car for my family. I got very upset with Volvo Australia when we realized we didn't have the Sim card Modem. I wasted my precious time reviewing how to activate my car internet, watching you tube videos and even driving to my local Volvo dealer-the poor sales agent struggled to find a port that does not exist.
I rang Volvo Sydney office only to be told, that option is not available in Australian Volvo cars. No one had the decency of telling customers at purchase. Very very disappointed. I feel cheated.

• Incentivised Review No
  • Year2017
Rob Boot
Rob BootMelbourne

Well built SUV with silky smooth V8 motor.

With its versatile 7 sear configuration, it can be a bus or in seconds back to a 5 seater with a ton of boot room. The motor is absolutely delish with power on demand. Overtake trucks and slow cars with the power of a rocket ship. The leather interior is easy wipe down and looks great all these years on.

The looks and style look great today. The rubber grips to the road like a race car. The ride is quite firm on the r-design. Some softer springs would have been nice. The transmission is THAT GOOD, can't even notice the gear changes.

Great machine. Well done to the Swedes!

Purchased in .

Citron (aka Swedish Lemon)

• BadgeInscription

Steph
StephSurf Beach

I could never imagine owning a different car to this one

I love the XC90. It is so well thought through - every detail is exceptional. It hugs the road, it is quiet, it is safe and it is very comfortable. There is nothing I don't like. I love my heated seats, I love the 7 seats and the extra air con for the back two seats and the turbo. I love the leather seats that just wipe clean, the great rubber mats and the integrated booster seat.

• BadgeLE
Neil
NeilSydney, NSW

I love this vehicle

• BadgeD5 Executive
wm_shi
wm_shiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Many software bugs with bad childlock design

• BadgeInscription