3VS Sassoon Instant Heat Ceramic Curler

Hair Care

Christine T
Christine THunter Region, NSW3 posts
  VSCD16HA

Just the right size for short hair

I am 70 and am growing my hair from very short to a chin length bob. This tool is excellent for an inexperienced lady to put some curl into my hair for a change. Easy to use. Does a good job at an inexpensive price. Show details
kimmy r.
kimmy r.9 posts

One use broke

I bought yesterday from big w, got it out of the box today, went to ring second bit of hair, everything fell apart and sprang off, the whole thing was in pieces Show details
Sleeping Satellite
Sleeping Satellite10 posts
  VSCD150HA

It failed after one use

I used it only once since I bought this and took it out to use after a few years but it never worked again. I had placed it in a bag out of reach of everybody for a few years but it just didn't work ever again after that one time.

Big fail VS. since it's out of warranty, they can't and won't do anything about it.

Megan N
Megan NAU3 posts
  VSCD16HA

Good

Cheap and does its job. It takes a long time to heat up, I have to use the highest setting for my hair. I choose the number 30 option because I have thick hair and it curls beautifully! I'd highly recommend this to those who are new to hair curlers!

SK42
SK42Perth2 posts

Does what it promises

Easy to use, quick to heat, many different temperatures (though I wouldn't recommend going above 3...), handy little stand to keep it away from surfaces, and the auto-shut off means I never have to worry about having left it on again!

Noella
Noella19 posts
  Verified VSCD16HA

Not hot enough

Purchased this VS Sassoon curling iron at the same time I purchased the VS Sassoon hair straightener, both "duds". I love the fact it has a tong like feature to hold hair to twist round, I also like that it has auto off, but this product doesn't heat up enough to produce great curls. both these hair products are going back to Priceline in Mornington Victoria where I purchased them tomorrow. I'll be buying an alternative brand.

fei
fei6 posts

very quick to heat up

I bought it for approximately $30 dollars and, it heats very quick for 20 seconds and shape my hair well. Easy for my to control. This is my first curler so I cannot compare with other products but I think it works excellent. Need to use with hair spray otherwise my hair will become straight when I go back home.

Alex Tse
Alex TseQueens Park5 posts

Decent for its price

Paid $20 for it, it's small in diameter but useful if you wanna DIY your hairstyle in the morning.

It heats up quickly relative to other curlers I've bought previously.

agatha1960
agatha196015 posts

Perfectly fine....until it blew up after 6 months use

I bought this in November 2015 and it worked very well until this morning when it went 'bang' while I was using it and tripped the house safety switch. Now I am nervous about getting a replacement from Big W in case it happens again.

Bonnie. X
Bonnie. X
  VSCD9HA

Perfect!!

I bought this product at Priceline for $30 AU dollars and it is great value for money. The temperature control makes it easy for beginners and it heats up fast. The clip is good for beginners who are starting to style their hair. Creates voluminous curls and hold for the occasion.

Amanda
AmandaAdelaide2 posts
  Instant Heat Ceramic Curler

Very good

Great quality for money. I got it from bigw for $20 and im very happy with it. It heats up quickly and creates great curls. It works well on any length hair and it has a clip so you don't burn your hands. I recommend it to everyone! its very reliable.
Heats up fast, its very reliable, the curls stay strong, heats to a good temperature
Maria77
Maria77AU39 posts
  Instant Heat Ceramic Curler

VS Sassoon Instant Heat Tong

I'm usually not a great fan of VS Sassoon when it comes to heated appliances (especially straighteners) however this product was different.

It is easy to use; heats up quickly; makes soft, loose curls and doesn't damage the hair as much as other hair curlers I have previously used. It is also really cheap, I brought it from Big W for only $23.

The only disadvantage is that it doesn't have a temperature control, however this isn't really a great problem as the product still heats up well..
Inexpensive. Heats up quickly. Creates soft, beautiful curls.
No temperature control.