VS Sassoon Ultimate Salon Setter VSP3029A

See the Best Hair Stylers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Clips a disaster

I just bought this roller set and I have the same problem as a couple of others. The clips just DON'T hold the rollers on at all. They just flop all over the place. VERY disappointed!

Can't fault it though too long to do whole head

Hair curls in short amount of time. However because limited number of Curler available took a while to do whole head. I then bought a $19 Remington thong from target. Does a much thorough and quicker job. I would say use of combination of both would be ideal

Great hot rollers!

I recently bought a new set of VS hot rollers. My previous VS set (10+ years old) was still working fine, but the plastic top was broken and I decided to buy a new set. All round great hot rollers, but my set came with some strange plastic pegs, which do not stay on the rollers no matter how I place them. I have reverted to using my old pins to keep the rollers in place, which work just fine. Reverting to the old-style pins would be my only suggestion for change.

Highly recommended - versatile, doesn't damage hair, easy to use, fast heat-up

I loved the Big Curls set so bought this one to have a full set of 4 sizes of rollers (the Big Curls rollers are larger than the large size in this multi set) so the styling possibilities are endless. These sets cost more than the classic salon set because they have a fast heat up of 2 minutes rather than 15 mins with the cheaper sets. IMO it's worth paying more for this. These hot rollers do not damage your hair like flat irons and curling tongs. This set has 12 heat settings whereas the Big Curls set has only one, which is great. It does not have the storage space for the metal clips, which is a mistake in the description given in the VS website. I do like the retractable cord, makes storage easier. Whether you hair is crinkly, frizzy, curly like mine or straight, these hot rollers are the best kept secret and I think they will make a comeback, they are the secret of fast, easy movie-star styling. You can change your style by varying the size of rollers and the way you place them. So fast and easy to use in the morning on dry hair. Just put on your makeup while they are in. Worth the money. I use mine every day and I get lots of compliments. Professional results for anyone. Make sure you read the instructions and know how to wind your hair onto the rollers properly(around the outside, never inside the groove - beware of bad advice on youtube!!). You can make your hair straighter or curlier - very versatile.
Fast heat up, easy to use, safe, versatile, reliable, great results, good value for money
plastic lid - meltable if accidentally closed whilst in use

How much did you pay for this? Was this purchased in QLD?

Hi I just purchased this product from Myer in ACT. So far I'm very happy with it except that in the photo on this site it shows wide plastic clips PLUS METAL PINS. I received neither, but instead some useless narrow plastic clips. Please advise me how I may receive the metal pins (and wide clips may be handy), as shown in your advertising. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Hi. Just a quick question. When i turn the machine on, is the centre light (the one on the roller) supposed to light up red when i plug it in. Or just when its heated?
Yes it doesThe heat reactive spot on the heated rollers does not light up ( electrically ) to confirm it is a heat reactive spot that will fade to a pale pink/white when the rollers are hot, once the heated rollers are cool the dot will return to its original red colour. Should you require further information please kindly cal Conair Customer Service desk 1800 650 263

The silly tiny clips for the VSP3029A are a disaster. They won't hold the rollers in place, they constantly drop, fall out and leave kinks in my hair. How can I get the old style pins that worked so well and came with older models???
Hi, please kindly call Conair customer service on 1800 650 263The pins and wide claw clips that were sent make a HUGE difference in holding the rollers in place. These rollers hold their heat and are fabulous for creating a Hollywood style look. The retractable cord makes packing away easy. I would suggest that in future the pin tips be manufactured in different colors to distinguish more easily between the different sizes. I would also prefer if there were more medium sized rollers and fewer small and large rollers.

CategoryHair Stylers