Wacaco Minipresso NS

See the Best Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Love it, when it works

I bought the minipresso during a round Oz trip in 2017 after a demo of how I could use my Nespresso pods. I've used it for several weeks during the trip and a few times a year when travelling since.
When I could get the water tank to seal it worked well. I got good crema and using 2 pods and a little extra water in a mug, its a pretty good long black.
It takes a fair squeeze to get the pressure and unless you've got huge strong hands, it a 2 handed job and I reckon anyone with arthritis or lacking power would have difficulty.
I often had problems with the water tank not properly sealing and having hot water squirting out over my hand (OUCH !) and had to start again. There is a fill line in the water tank and I don't overfill. Lately, the problem became a lot worse. Now the metal coffee pod cutter has fallen out and I can't refit it, it's useless. I've emailed Wacaco to see if there's a fix.
Despite the hot water sealing issue and the cutter falling out, I'm weighing up the number of good coffees and not having to hunt out a decent coffee when travelling; I'm almost tempted to buy another.

Purchased in July 2017.

Consistency
Product is used: Monthly

Good idea not realised

Well made and reasonably small,but not a great coffee machine. Basically the great thing about expresso machines is the crema, and this machine does not make good crema. I would say about half the amount of crema. Also it only produces a small amount of coffee. So alright if you are making a traditional small expresso but not a flat white. A little dear for what it is too.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tentworld Physical store for $59.90.

Product is used: Several times a week

Expensive waste of money

I travel a bit for work, so it seemed like a good idea to buy one. MASSIVE mistake. I average one cup of coffee for every 5 pods used. The rest of the time all I get is a slightly brown-tinged cup of warm water. The bottom of the pod is punctured but the top of the pod is intact. The unit has NEVER worked properly since I first bought it over 18 months ago. Tonight I finally gave up after again having to throw away three coffee pods. Considering the cost of buying the unit and the significant number of coffee pods that I have to throw away each time I attempt to make a cup of coffee, I would say don't waste your money on what has been a huge disappointment to me.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Brilliant Product!!

So at my work we are not allowed a nespresso style coffee maker, so i thought how do i save $4 per coffee (3 times a day) and still get to have a nespresso style coffee pod. So i searched online and found heaps of handheld devices. I read reviews, and came across the Wacaco brand, which is popular for hikers and outdoor activities.

So i jumped onto Pod & Parcel (https://www.podandparcel.com.au), and ordered this product. I have had this product for 3 weeks now, and it has been fantastic product to use. So simple and quick to use. Barely any mess to clean up. And i can even take it with me on trips, just so i can have a pod espresso! And after a week and a half it paid its self off as i no longer need to buy coffees from shop and i will never do instant coffee at work.

Highly recommend.