MPN: BEC220BLK

Breville Nespresso coffee pod machine (Essenza mini solo BEC 220)

Having a caravan we spend up to 4 months away in it over winter plus lots in between and were looking for a small compact coffee pod machine to take away with us!! This is perfect for our requirements, makes good coffee, simple to use and you can even get your pods sent to an address where you are travelling to if unsure if you can buy them whilst away! They take no time to be delivered either!! The pods come in a cardboard square tube so good to pack in your van and unit is easy to clean, and store away for travelling! When we return home it looks great in our new modern kitchen as well!! It does take a while to get your coffee preferences worked out though! You receive a choice of pods with your machine to try then go from there...to use a full height coffee cup just remove the drip tray otherwise the smaller double skinned coffee cups fit perfectly! Also you can contact the company any time if you have any queries, very friendly and helpful!!

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $190.00.

Awesome Machine

Great machine, that never fails to supply me with my hot morning hot chocolate, who says you need to start the day with coffee. Easy to use and simple to clean. Totally recommend this machine.

Purchased in March 2019 at Harvey Norman for $150.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is used: Several times a week

Excellent machine, can't live without coffee!

Nespresso make quality machines. This is the second Nespresso machine I have purchased and it is a pleasure to use. Coffee is delicious and takes very minimal time to make. It is important to keep up with regular de-scaling and cleaning, but no other problems!

Purchased in June 2019.

Nespresso/Breville**NEW**2019 Coffee Machine Review

Nespresso/Breville**NEW**2019 Coffee Machine Review

-This machine definitely has its quirks and features. So lets get into it shall we :)
As most of you can imagine coffee is pretty much the staple go to drink for any adult and we all have our objective thoughts and opinions to showcase. Here are mine..

Links:

Box and Packaging:
It’s not every day that I am impressed by good marketing and packaging, although this time around Nespresso in my opinion has created a very well and thought out “carry case” for the “Essenza Mini”.
Instead of the usual perforated flaps on top that fold outwards. The packaging opens out like a briefcase, a very stylish and user-friendly design. Inside you are greeted by the Essenza Mini, which has minimal packaging material.
The photos and design features on the carry case are very inviting and to the buyer, which are very informative to read and understand.

User-Manual and Guides:
The Essenza Mini comes with three booklets, a Welcome Booklet, The Breville Essenza mini Booklet and the Aeroccino3 booklet. All very informative manuals to the buyer.
- The Welcome Booklet is a nice and quick read about the 2 year warranty you get followed by an introduction to Nespresso and its 25 different types of coffees.
- The Breville Essenza Mini booklet very nicely explains the step by steps on how to first time use your machine, very easy to follow steps in my opinion.
- The Aeroccino3 Booklet is another quick to follow read, which informs the buyer by pictures. Very nice and easy.

The Machine:
Breville/Nespresso Essenza Mini has a very stylish and slim line build to it. Takes up next to no bench space in my tiny little kitchen, which is a huge plus for me. Some one that lives and breathes coffee, I’ve always hated the idea of a gargantuan kettle over in the corner, waiting for it to bubble away to only make myself a crappy instant coffee (here comes the snob in me). The machine takes 25 seconds to heat up a kettle takes over a minute at full capacity. I know which one I prefer.

Opinionated Flaws to the machine – cup size: I love a good cup size, something my hands can firmly hold with out the feeling of it breaking. Although I had to go out and buy new double walled cups to happy fit in its small (94mm high) where as a standard coffee cup is (96mm high) you can see my dilemma. Incase you are not willing to go out and buy new (smaller) cups, all you have to do is remove the “Drip Tray” and “Capsule Container”, with these removed you can snuggly fit your regular coffee cup underneath the “Coffee Outlet” with out any interference.

The Milk Machine:
The Aeroccino3 by Nespresso is a great little bonus accessory that comes with the “Essenza Mini” for all your milk frothing needs. Very simply to use for a newbie like me, put milk in, up to the desired line on the inside and either press the button once for hot or hold for cold. Walk away and the jobs done.

Overall Verdict:
The Nespresso Essenza Mini is slim, its stylish, it comes in a few different colours, I chose the colour black purely to fit in few with my other choices of appliances in my kitchen. For me its practicality and ease of use. It has both of these things going for itself. I put a pod in make sure there’s enough water and make my one of two selections: Espresso or Lungo. Then walk away. For $199.00 it’s the perfect mini coffee machine.

This is my Review..
James.

Purchased in June 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $199.00.

Product is used: Daily

Minimal bench space, decent coffee, good milk frother

100 free Nespresso pods plus an Aerocinno (auto milk heater & frother) tipped me over and I succumbed to the Nespresso coffee lure after holding out for 5 years with the Dolce Gusto. We’d loved the Dolce Gusto when we bought it (reviewed on this site), but were using it less and less as the pods we wanted were never available in the shops and I didn’t want to buy a whole lot online at one go.

After considering the 2 design options of the Essenza Mini, I chose the sleek angular Breville model in shiny black (to match the black Aerocinno) over the curvy DeLonghi model which was available in brights like red and lime green.

The mini size takes up little bench space and punches above its weight to produce a decent coffee. The machine heats up quickly and has an auto-off. The water container and the used pod holder are both small BUT this IS a mini machine. There’s only 2 coffee size options, small or large but you can reset the machine to produce your desired amount of water. We haven’t as the factory settings suit our milk coffee drinking habits.

Speaking of milk, the Aerocinno makes surprisingly good hot frothy milk to top your coffees. It can also froth cold milk for cold coffee drinks. Or it can just heat milk - we do not use the heat milk option as we just heat the milk in the microwave before popping the cup under the coffee maker to save having to hand wash the Aerocinno.

We’re taste-testing our way through the 10 different types of Nespresso coffees and looking forward to exploring the rest of the Nespresso range, and the myriad Nespresso compatible pods available in the market. As my teen Dolce Gusto peach tea and mocha drinkers are now young adult coffee drinkers, the Essenza Mini can look forward to getting a hard workout!

A plus for the Nespresso pods are that they aluminium and recyclable. A con is that Nespresso only offers coffees, no teas, chais or hot chocolate. They are also pricey at around the 80 cent mark, but there are cheaper alternatives.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $199.00.

Great little coffee machine

Very small machine that takes up minimal bench space. Perfect for a small apartment.
Quieter than other coffee machines requiring pods.
Came with a wide variety of pods to taste. The ones I have tasted were pretty good.

Purchased in May 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $199.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Great for that cup or two a day

Great little machine, it is simplistic yet solid. I use this on a daily basis for the odd cup or two, and have had no issues since i started using it.

Purchased in October 2018 at Qantas Store for $159.00.

Can’t use a normal cup

Disappointed ..i want to take it back after 1 day...a normal 250ml cup won’t fit..don’t waste your money...find another machine that can fit a normal cup with a built in frother...having a seperate frother is dumb and why have a frother for milk when the cup has to be tiny you won’t have any room left for froth let alone milk!...

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $200.00.

Product is used: Daily

Cheap but feels like a luxury

It produces great coffee especially when made by Nespresso. It also can accept other brands so is quite universal. It is very compact and looks good on my kitchen counters. Some have a deal where you can get a milk brother in addition and that is the icing on the cake.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Brought it for my son he loves it easy to use. Only thing finds coffee not strong enough.

Ok not my machine brought it for my son for a christmas present.Nice size for small kitchen easy to use and quick.
Tried the coffee does need more flavour not strong enough. Not a bad price for the coffee machine

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Best Purchase EVER

If you don't have a huge kitchen but still want a coffee machine this is perfect. It is small and compact and dishes out a great coffee. We have never been disappointed with this machine, the coffee is always hot, always the same amount and always delicious. I would definitely recommend regular cleaning as it helps the longevity of not just this but any machine

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Lovely coffee neat machine

This is really tiny but puts out the best coffees. I don't think of it the same a cafe coffee more of an intermediate between that and instant and it does that very well. The machine itself is so compact and simple to use. There's no mess and its quick as anything to use. Recommended

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great size with drawbacks.

I don't need to talk about the coffee - the coffee is simply great! I love the size of the machine, it looks good in the kitchen. I've always loved the Nespresso machines but since moving out to an apartment i needed something a little more compact. The drawback is the water catching and pod catching areas are full after three coffees - watch out for that!

Best Nespresso coffee

Compact size which is excellent space saver, but the machine itself is dull looking, however very easy to operate..the best petiite coffee/nespresso maker I've ever had.. bit pricey but it is worth to own one..All the nespresso coffees that came with the purchase all tastes great..
Every coffee momments is very enjoyable, loving it !! Nespresso is suggesting to post capsules using Aust Post satchel for recycling..hmmm add'l cost ..

Fantastic, practical and value for money

The main thing about this coffee machine is the compact size. It is already a good brand no doubt.
Very easy to use, simply to adjust the amount of coffee wither in espresso or long. You keep pressing the button and release when reaches the desired volume. Straight forward.
I love it, doesn't take space in my open kitchen bench and look elegant and sleek

Great little machine!

This is my 1st coffee machine and I’m so glad I bought it. Being no connoisseur of coffee I couldn’t say whether the coffee was really good or not. But, I can say that it tastes good, smooth, and I’m now a coffee convert. I find it so easy to use. The capsule lever is a little stiff to pull down (I fumbled to first time as I was afraid of breaking it) but I believe that’s how it’s designed. And, cleaning it is a piece of cake. It’s small and compact so not taking up much space, a necessity when benchtop space is an important factor. You do have to remove the drip tray for any cup bigger than an espresso cup but that’s no big issue. Very happy with this little gem.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Compact machine, sleek design, coffee tastes great!

I have owned a number of Nespresso machine in the past and this is by far my most favourite! The design is small and sleek, do not take up a lot of space, and works just like the other bigger machine! Easy to clean, just wipe with damp cloth. Overall very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Makes a good cup with way less mess than our old machine

Got this to replace DeLonghi Dedica (see other review). I don't like using pods (there are now pod recycling programs at least) but I've got to admit it's easier, cleaner, and faster and makes a very good cuppa unlike our last machine. It's got a very small footprint on your counter space and ours came with milk frother. The water storage is a bit weird (wobbly) but it does lock into the unit when you figure out how. I would recommend it.

September 10th 2018 Update: Great coffee no complaints

Does exactly what it is supposed to do. Has in built water container and simple pod collection bin. We recycle pods where possible eg L'Or and Moccona aluminium pods (cut off lid and compost coffee) . Came with milk frother which is great. Bought from JB HiFi. Would recommend this.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Works ok, but a little small and clumsy

A nice and small machine that's easy to use. But because of it's size, I can't fit all of my coffee cups in the slot and have to regularly empty the tray of used pods. It's also not that easy to operate with one hand because the whole machine is so light. But otherwise the coffee tastes alright. You get what you pay for!

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Good coffee every day

This little machine is a family favorite and gets used every day. Everyone has their own preference and we like to keep a good variety on pods on hand ready to go - there's lots of choices! Its is super easy to use and even the kids can do it. Nothing to it! Just put water in the tank, turn it on and you are good to go. Breville make reliable machines so w expect years of service from this.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018