Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Sheila T.
Sheila T.Sydney, NSW

Powerful mini coffee machine

Got this for my birthday , it was a replacement for my previously owned Delonghi Icona pump coffee machine. I wanted this coffee machine because i want ease of making coffee in the morning. Therefore i opted for pods coffee machine. It only took 3 mins to heat up the machine, the coffee quality is excellent considering it is such a small machine. I like that it doesnt take up much of my kitchen space.

Purchased in February 2021 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $119.00.

Caroline Nicholls
Caroline NichollsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable, easy to use, decent coffee and quick!

This machine does the trick. We've had ours for about 7 months and its' a good companion for on-the-go professionals needing a quick pick-me-up in the morning. The Nespresso coffee capsules are lovely and the machine never fails to deliver a nice cuppa with it's adjacent frother.
Only thing we've noted with this being our second Nespresso machine is that they do become significantly louder as time goes by which is a mystery despite regularly descaling and care.

Purchased in January 2021 at JB Hi-Fi for $149.00.

Susan
SusanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect coffee machine!

I have been using this coffee machine for more than a year now. Good size even to take for a trip. Love to get up in the morning to have this coffee. Every guests who tasted this coffee has either bought it for their home or asked for more. It’s a perfect chic to sit in the kitchen bench top corner to style your kitchen as well! Yet another best product by Nespresso!

Purchased in August 2019 at The Good Guys for $219.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Delonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

not happy

Bought this coffee machine about 8 months ago. All was good until about 2 weeks ago. Descaled the machine. Press short black and I get long. Press long and I get short. I expect to get more than 8 months out of what I considered a reputable brand.

Purchased in April 2020 for $150.00.

Mum of 5
Mum of 5South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Love it. Easy to use and makes great coffee and is a dream to keep clean. Love its cute little size as well. Does not take up a lot of bench space.

Purchased in May 2021.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
BettywCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great coffee maker

This is a great little coffee maker, maybe even a tiny bit small if you drink lots. The footprint is small enough to hide anywhere and the pod catcher is designed to drain the excess water out before storing used pods for disposal.

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $195.00.

Tyler T.
Tyler T.Sydney, NSW

Perfect for us coffee lovers

I really enjoy this mini coffee machine. Easy to use and clean and is small and compact that it sits tucked away on the kitchen bench not standing out like an eye sore or taking up too much space. The price point is fantastic if your looking for an affordable, low maintenance machine. The only thing I had to buy separately was a milk frother as we prefer cappuccino style coffee opposed to black, however not a necessity if you wanted to heat milk up in the microwave. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys for $100.00.

Alison Y
Alison YMid North Coast, NSW

Morning necessity

Purchase the mini after our last coffee maker retired itself.

We had heard some hype around Nespresso and decided to purchase one.

Thankfully we purchased at a special deal where a number of free capsules were provided on redemption - excellent. The free glasses and coffee mug where also appreciated and now greatly used.

The coffee is quality and we love that we can send the capsules back to be recycled.

Ordering is a breeze and super fast. We live in a regional area and the last delivery was ordered on a Sunday and delivered the Tuesday afternoon - totally blown away.

The only con, is that the milk frother is very slow.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $199.00.

stuff
stuffCanberra 2600, ACT

Nice small machine that effortlessly makes a nice cup of coffee

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $114.00.

Family
FamilyGippsland, VIC

Luv luv luv it

This machine makes one mean coffee. We use a variety of pods compatible for Nespresso which allows a real variety. We use it at home and great size for our caravan.

Purchased in July 2019.

Dipa K.
Dipa K.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love it

The coffee tastes great and I am saving money every day.
I loved it some much.
The only down fall is how noisy this little guy is. But all in all a great machine

Purchased in April 2019.

GeeDee
GeeDeeSydney, NSW

Very Compact

It doesn't take up too much kitchen space. There is 2 functions espresso and lungo. It also came with a milk frother which does the job very well.
There was a promotion which nespresso gives 100 free pods via redemption which influenced me in purchasing it

Product is used Daily

Jlaw1968
Jlaw1968Melbourne

Fast and convenient

I am so glad I purchased this coffee machine. It works so fast and makes a decent cup of coffee. The machine itself doesn't take up too much bench space, its actually quite compact. This machine came with the milk frother (aerrochino) so that was super helpful and complimentary to have with this machine. It takes less than 4 minutes to make a coffee which is great for those busy mornings when you need to get out the door. Once I'm done with the pods I will scoop out the coffee grounds to compost/repurpose and recycle the aluminium. You can collect the used pods and return them to a Nespresso store for recycling.

Purchased in August 2019 at Amazon for $109.00.

Wayne F
Wayne F

Great Coffee Machine

This is a great little coffee machine...and I mean little. The small size is one of it's greatest appeals and it hardly takes up any space in the caravan. We really like the coffee it makes and the compatible pods are easily available from the major supermarkets. It is extremely easy to use, quick to heat up and simple to maintain. I highly recommend this machine.

Mardi
MardiSydney, NSW

Great Machine

I bought this machine (with frother) a couple of weeks before Christmas. Had another cheaper machines before this but wasn't very impressed. This one I love, small enough to take away in the caravan, and when not in use, store in a kitchen drawer. Great coffee. The temperature is just right. I mainly use for a long shot. I don't use the drip tray as the clearance is not enough for an average cup, but if I have to sacrifice that for a very compact machine, I don't really mind. Love, love this machine.

Purchased in November 2018 at Peter's of Kensington Online store for $169.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

nolaasked
Nespresso Essenza Mini

which capsules are compatible with the essenzo mini

lu v.
lu v.

anything that is nespresso compatible. I ordered "perfetto" brand on catch.com or woolies have huge selection. I like lungo profundo 8, often on special. My issue with the machine was easily fixed, the help centre told me how to do a factory reset.

nola

many thanks for your help

James L.asked
Nespresso Essenza Mini EN85WSOLO (White)

Do you leave lever down when not in use thank you

Bettyw

I leave it down, but I don’t think it matters, I know someone who leaves it up.

Adel
Adelasked
Nespresso Essenza Mini

What kind of capsules are compatible with the Essenza Mini (De Longhi) and the Citiz? Can I use reusable pods and third party capsules (other than nespresso capsules) on the Essenza Mini (De Longhi) and the Citiz?

Basically, I'm trying to find the major differences between both machines and I don't really see a major difference but when it comes to capsules, maybe I can save money in the long run, so any advise?

Nick
Nick

Have a look at a review by Choice on Nespresso compatible capsules. There are quite a few available in the supermarkets. One of the best ones tested is the Woolworths Intense (Intensity 12) capsules by Fairtrade.

See all Delonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini questions

Get an answer from our members and DeLonghi representatives

Delonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini

What reviewers liked most about the DeLonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini:

• The Essenza Mini’s minimalist design made it a shoo-in for kitchens with limited benchtop space, while the lightweight design meant it could easily be moved to different rooms in the home and office. Some reviewers bought an Essenza Mini for their caravan, and one even took it on holidays with them to substitute for the sachet coffee in hotels.
  • The ability to produce a consistently good, café-quality cup of coffee was lauded by reviewers
  • Easy to use, with the convenient bonus that the Essenza Mini works really fast. One reviewer attested to this, saying, ‘It takes less than 4 minutes to make a coffee, which is great for those busy mornings when you need to get out the door.'
Compare all 4 Delonghi Nespresso Essenza Mini
CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Price (RRP) $249.00$249.00$249.00$249.00
Pump Pressure19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar
Input Power1,150 W1,150 W1,150 W1,150 W
Water Tank Capacity0.6 L0.6 L0.6 L0.6 L
Dimensions 205 x 110 x 325 mm205 x 110 x 325 mm205 x 110 x 325 mm205 x 110 x 325 mm
Weight2.3 kg2.3 kg2.3 kg2.3 kg
Capsule CompatabilityNespressoNespressoNespressoNespresso
Milk FrotherSeparateSeparateSeparateSeparate
Heat-up Time 25 seconds25 seconds25 seconds25 seconds
Auto Shut-offYesYesYesYes
Shot FunctionsEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and LungoEspresso and Lungo
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishRedWhiteLime GreenWhite