17Philips L'OR Barista Latte

Milk Frothing

Hayley Bell
Hayley BellMid North Coast, NSW7 posts

High class coffee maker

Great product can work and process the machine smoothly as it is. I like the built and features makes tasty coffee. Show details ·  1
Ryan
RyanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not buy

Stopped working regularly. Doesn’t penetrate coffee pods and leaks water out. Very poor quality. Show details
Moonshine Entertainment
Moonshine EntertainmentNorthern Region, NSW

Great when it works

They only last a few months. Bad manufacture. I have had two replaced in less than 12 months. Will never buy another Phillips Product as long as I live. Show details
Zelia V.
Zelia V.7 posts
  Verified LM9012/60

I love my L’or coffee machine

Had it for few months and I am really happy .
Very good price and quality. You can use almost any Capsule , including Nespresso . I like that you can even have 2 coffees at the same time . You have 3 options, short, medium or long . The coffee is always hot which is very important .
I am also happy that it has a good water capacity and also it can store many used capsules so no need to clean it every day like it happens with other brands. Really recommend. Their own coffee capsule are also amazing . Not many options, but they are nice. I love the Vanilla one. Show details ·  1
TWW
TWWSouthern and Hills, SA35 posts
  LM8018/90

Cannot fault for price

Great little machine, you need to purchase milk frother separately for cappuccinos, but for all coffees great unit. LoR coffee pods are fantastic, just need to keep eye out when shopping between Coles and Woolies as they seem to alternate discounts, but machine very reliable, easy to maintain, easy to clean, great value for price Show details ·  1
Jane
Jane6 posts

Used 6 times a day and so great

Ok, my first pod machine. I like that I can use many different types of pods. I do not like the lor pods.
It’s not too big but I think it’s noisy. I can also choose many size of pour, so that is the biggest bonus. It was a birthday present. Show details ·  1
Daniel G
Daniel GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA11 posts
  Verified LM8012/60

Just…does the job

Out of the box it worked best. Over time despite maintenance coffee quality dropped off a little, possibly due to pod punctures/pressure or water temperature. Very plasticky and the pod handle always felt loose. Recently it just stopped working, 3.5 years since purchase. For the price it did ok. Would I have paid more for better? Yes. Show details
Richard Woods
Richard WoodsPerth, WA
  LM9012/60

The coffee stinks and tastes of burnt plastic

I bought this machine a week ago. We followed the diagramatic instructions and made some coffee. The stench and terrible taste was sickening. Since then we flush through two lungo measures of clear water, and then make our coffee which is not bad though you can still get a slight taste of the stench. Are we doing something wrong? Is there some packaging material stuck inside that we were not informed about? What causes this bad taste and smell? I must point out that when we do the first flush and smell the water it is dreadful. After two flushes it is almost OK. Show details
Lea
Lea13 posts
  LM9012/50
DonP
DonPSouth-Eastern Region, NSW3 posts

No after sales service

Purchased my L’or machine with attached milk frother which worked beautifully for 7 days. L’or side flicked me to Phillips who asked for photos and then video. A week later nothing. I’ve now sent a second email to Phillips who have now responded and are send a replacement frother.
Buyers beware of quality Show details
Geoperno
GeopernoSydney, NSW2 posts

Don’t buy this machine

Don’t waste your money on this machine. Mine broke after 2 days. Received direct from JD and they want me to go to a Phillips service centre to have it checked. The nearest service centre is an hour away. I wrote back and told them I’m not travelling all the way to a service centre, that they should come up with some customer service and find an alternative response. They couldn’t be bothered writing back. Won’t be buying their pods anymore. Show details
Kev
Kev

Disaster!

I just got this machine today and L’or sent me a broken, faulty piece of..machine!!! It is NOT working. The light keeps flashing (fast) the machine does not recognize the water tank or I don’t know what the problem is!!

And I don’t wanna deal with sending it back to you, especially considering that I already threw its box away.
How can they send a broken machine to me? I don’t work and earn money so that I would throw it away! Show details

Pinky
PinkySydney41 posts
Hass
HassSydney, NSW5 posts

A good coffee machine

We bought it a few months ago and was impressed by the quality and design of this machine. Show details ·  1
Milk Frothing
Blake
Blake

Cheaply made machine

i would suggest now buying this machine after buying ours brought it home and it was leaking. after a few days of trying to find why said screw it and opened it up to find a faulty water hose in the back of the machine that as soon as the tank was connected would start leaking and would be empty in about 5 mins coffee isn't bad but having to put a towel on the bench every time i want a cup of coffee is less then ideal would be better if it was possible to buy replacement parts. Show details

info
info · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

hi, my unit is brand new. wont brew anything out of the spouts like it should, water ends up under the unit as if it is brewing like normal. The tank is fitted correctly just wont brew coffee, water dispenses as the cycle runs, but not to the coffee cup, it all ends up on the counter under the machine.

Linda P.
Linda P. · L'OR Barista LM8012/60

Crema

midnightskye
midnightskye · L'OR Barista Latte

When I put a large pod in the machine, the lever closes smoothly. When I put in a small pod or it's empty, the lever is very hard to press down and pops up, unless you really heavily force it closed. Is this normal or is there a problem with the machine?

Compare all Philips L'OR Barista Latte listings
CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Price (RRP) $219$159
Pump Pressure19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar
Input Power1,450 W1,450 W1,450 W1,450 W
Dishwasher Safe PartsYesYesYesYes
Water Tank Capacity0.8 L0.8 L1 L1 L
Dimensions 276 x 157 x 402 mm276 x 157 x 402 mm280 x 263 x 400 mm280 x 180 x 400 mm
Weight3.35 kg3.35 kg4.3 kg3.6 kg
Capsule CompatabilityNespresso and OtherNespresso and OtherNespresso and OtherNespresso and Other
Milk FrotherIntegratedIntegratedIntegratedNone
Heat-up Time 60 seconds60 seconds60 seconds60 seconds
Auto Shut-offYesYesYesYes
Adjustable Shot QuantityYesYesNoNo
Shot FunctionsEspresso, Lungo and RistrettoEspresso, Lungo and RistrettoEspresso, Lungo and RistrettoEspresso, Lungo and Ristretto
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackBlack with RedBlackBlack
Release date
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Awards 20202020