Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now

4.4

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing
Reuben

ReubenTauranga

Converted me to the world of Nespresso

Excellent machine that makes fantastic coffees - I definitely recommend. Bought on sale at JB HiFi in New Zealand on a very good sale too (essentially $570 after $80 nespresso credit) which was a bonus

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$649.00.

Lou

LouMelbourne

Great Coffee machine

One of the factors influencing my purchase of this model was it's relatively small footprint. But the main reason was it's reputation for making great coffee and we haven't been disappointed.

Easy to use and clean and with Nespresso pods at around 80c for a coffee is a plus.

I have to confess that early in the piece I was annoyed when "maintenance" was required e.g. the steam wand needed cleaning - I wasn't made aware of this at the time of purchase. But once I went through the manual and in fact the screen on the coffee machine actually guides you through the process, it has been a relatively straight forward process.

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for A$639.00.

Van Ng

Van NgSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes a great crack of the day.

Coffee lovers won’t regret to purchase this amazing machine. You can enjoy all different types of coffee with this machine. Coffee is so smooth and the milk is silkily frothed.

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for A$670.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800 compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

emaldee56

emaldee56Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Continual Problems within first 2 years

Within the first year of use the lights behan flashing alternately non stop. The machine was sent in to Nespresso for repair. Only 6 mths later I now have the exact same problem. After paying $600 not what I was expecting

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for A$600.00.

Absolutely rubbish

The machine is absolutely rubbish..I bought this machine and initially was very happy. After 6 months it started to not function correctly..I took it back to Harvey Norman and 3 weeks later was replaced.. after 3 months again the same issue and requires replacement again.

I wish I had read the reviews on this machine before purchasing I would Never bought it..

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$599.00.

Product is used Daily

have had this machine for two years and second time to have REPAIR !

I love my Breville Nespresso Machine BUT = But the pump gets finicky after a few coffee brews--- I clean and maintain/descale to a tee--- I have had it for two years and am sending for repair once again. For the cost I am regretful I paid what I did for this to have these issues now twice. Customer Service sent a box for me to return and because the warranty is up I am sincerely hoping that they fix or send a new one for an over 400 dollar machine !

Nette3976

Nette3976Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best one yet! Loving this new machine.

Best pod coffee machine I’ve ever had. From customisable coffee volume to milk warmth, froth level and the ability to make milk only drinks. Can’t go wrong! Love this machine.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

Lori_23

Lori_23South East Queensland, QLD

Sleek design

Recently replaced our basic Nespresso with Brevle Creatista Plus Stainless Steel.
The design is modern and sleek. Looks great on my kitchen bench. I like my coffee hot and this machine has temperature settings. It is easy to use and you can preprogrammed your coffee for example espresso, flat white, cappuccino.
The only downside is the machine is a bit loud.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

SkodaPANDA

SkodaPANDASydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$649.00.

Product is used Several times a week

Angry optus user

Angry optus userGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking customer service with a faulty machine

Purchased in November 2019 at Myers for A$599.00.

Matt W.

Matt W.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great product, use it every day

Easy to use and very quick, even when frothing milk. First coffee machine I've owned so I don't have anything to compare it to but I love it.

I'm guessing this machine is like other pod machines: hit and miss until you find a pod that suits your taste.

What I really like about this machine is it's flexibility- use the LCD screen to select the coffee you want and boom, there it is. Handy for when people visit who like dofferent styles of coffee.

Purchased in November 2019.

ELS Melbourne

ELS MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

LOVE it

Received this as a Christmas gift and absolutely love it. Heat up time is 3 seconds and it's very easy to use. Quiet and quick. Lots of options and the milk function is amazing. All automatic and several temperatures to choose from. I find most of them too cool, so have it set on Very Hot all the time which is perfect. Absolutely love this machine. Slightly on the expensive side so I hope it lasts but so far, very happy. Also is fairly compact which is great for my small kitchen. Nespresso pods are amazing too, as is the service from Nespresso.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$650.00.

Natalie H.Illawarra, NSW

Couldn’t love it any more!

This machine is the bomb! From latte’s to lungo’s, expresso’s to cappuccinos. Beautiful coffee, perfect temperature and a lovely velvety foam all achieved with no fuss in no time with this machine. Looks great on my bench and gets compliments galore. Highly recommended!

Purchased in November 2019 at Robins Kitchen for A$450.00.

Jacqui

Jacqui

Love it

Just love the machine so quick and easy to use and clean, the quality of the coffee is consistent and the temperature produced each time is perfect. I purchased the machine for $1 I then pay $75 per month and I get that to use on coffee

Purchased in October 2019 at Nespresso Shop for A$1.00.

Raman

RamanPerth, WA

Amazing

It is the best coffee machine I have ever had, great coffee and it has 11 settings for the temperature of the milk which is amazing because i love very hot coffee. My wife drinks cappuccino and loves the 8 settings for the froth of the milk. We enjoy making latte art, it comes with the milk jug which is so easy to clean as well as the steam wand cleans automatically. I totally recommend it.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$649.00.

Unhappy

UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

On my third machine in 3 weeks!!

Coffee is fine when the machine works or when its not between replacements. Nespresso have been useless in delivering a machine I needed in time for a home wedding. Back up service is woefull.

Purchased in October 2019 at Nespresso Shop for A$600.00.

Michael

MichaelPeel, WA

Great coffee

Ease of use is first. Auto cleans.
Best of all makes great coffee.
Highly recommended. Had no issues what so ever.
Heaps of settings and adjustments to make perfect coffee .

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$600.00.

Farah Baghdadi

Farah BaghdadiWestern Australia

Would of loved it if it worked

Purchased in July 2019 at David Jones for A$699.00.

Dawn

DawnPerth, WA

Superb Machine

Purchased in November 2016 at Myer.

Product is used Several times a week
Alli

AlliHunter Region, NSW

A wonderful easy to use coffee machine for the home or office.

An impressive machine for a great price.
You will be very satisfied with this easy to use machine that produces a beautiful cup of coffee or a delicious fluffy hot chocolate for this kids! Its self cleaning function is excellent. The in built program selection allows you to select the type of coffee, the desired milk temperature and amount of froth. This is a great machine that consistently produces a pleasing cup of coffee without fuss.

Purchased in May 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$750.00.

Brandon

Brandonasked

BNE800BSS (Brushed Stainless Steel)

We have a creatista uni which wasn't brilliant. Milk frother didn't really work at all, the jug had to sit on the unit to work. Also the tank floater has broken so it doesn't work. We are on tank water.
Is it worth the extra to get one of these? Does the milk frothing actually work?

Kristy

Kristyasked

Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800

Just got the machine and curious. The coffee pods are staying in the machine until I pull the lever (ie next day when I use again) is it supposed to do this? As my last cheaper and older machine would spit the pod into the container after it was finished.

Ryan T

Yes, that is how the unit supposed to work. Me personally, pull the lever after each use to get the pod in to the container.

Tom f

Tom fasked

Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800

I've descaled, bought a new tip assembly, and still nespresso creassta plus will not froth milk, warning comes up to attach wand tip, even when new tip is attached properly. Pump attempts work but shuts off after a few pumps. Unit is approx 2 years old. Any help? Ty

Ryan T

Had the same problem Tom, my machine is around 2 and a half yrs old. Contacted Nespresso customer service and sent it back to their repair centre and got it fixed under warranty. The PCB has been replaced and the machie is back to life again.

HillDale7
HillDale7

Same problem. Twice within 12 months. To go back again for same repair after only 4 months. Very dissatisfied. A welcome solution would be a replacement machine.

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives