Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800

Coffee Pod Machines Buying Guide

A coffee pod machine makes quick, cheap coffees daily. In this guide we help you decide whether a coffee pod machine is right for you, and share the best coffee pod machines in 2020.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Consistency
  • Milk Frothing

Mikef50

Mikef50Sydney, NSW

The best you can get, without going full commercial

Purchased for A$650.00.

mikef50Sydney, NSW

Perfect coffee everyday

I've had this machine for just over two years now, as a birthday present from my son.......it's been simply wonderful. I had an older Inissia before with a milk frother, but this new one is so easy to use, and fully adjustable to make coffee just the way you want. With it's self cleaning purge, and large water tank......I can't live without it. Lattes, capuccinos, short or long or even ristretto....this machine dose them all. My son was so impressed, he bought one for himself!!

Purchased in June 2018 for A$650.00.

CMIPerth, WA

Weak and warm coffee

Purchased in April 2020 at JB Hi-Fi for A$799.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

Find out how Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800 compares to other Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

MissItaly

MissItalyPerth, WA

Underwhelming and over priced - poor support

Purchased in November 2018 at Myer for A$629.00.

Reuben

ReubenTauranga

Converted me to the world of Nespresso

Excellent machine that makes fantastic coffees - I definitely recommend. Bought on sale at JB HiFi in New Zealand on a very good sale too (essentially $570 after $80 nespresso credit) which was a bonus

Purchased in August 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Online Store for A$649.00.

Lou

LouMelbourne

Great Coffee machine

One of the factors influencing my purchase of this model was it's relatively small footprint. But the main reason was it's reputation for making great coffee and we haven't been disappointed.

Easy to use and clean and with Nespresso pods at around 80c for a coffee is a plus.

I have to confess that early in the piece I was annoyed when "maintenance" was required e.g. the steam wand needed cleaning - I wasn't made aware of this at the time of purchase. But once I went through the manual and in fact the screen on the coffee machine actually guides you through the process, it has been a relatively straight forward process.

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer for A$639.00.

Van Ng

Van NgSouth East Queensland, QLD

Makes a great crack of the day.

Coffee lovers won’t regret to purchase this amazing machine. You can enjoy all different types of coffee with this machine. Coffee is so smooth and the milk is silkily frothed.

Purchased in July 2019 at Myer for A$670.00.

emaldee56

emaldee56Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Continual Problems within first 2 years

Within the first year of use the lights behan flashing alternately non stop. The machine was sent in to Nespresso for repair. Only 6 mths later I now have the exact same problem. After paying $600 not what I was expecting

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for A$600.00.

Absolutely rubbish

The machine is absolutely rubbish..I bought this machine and initially was very happy. After 6 months it started to not function correctly..I took it back to Harvey Norman and 3 weeks later was replaced.. after 3 months again the same issue and requires replacement again.

I wish I had read the reviews on this machine before purchasing I would Never bought it..

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$599.00.

Capsule / Coffee Pod Machines

have had this machine for two years and second time to have REPAIR !

I love my Breville Nespresso Machine BUT = But the pump gets finicky after a few coffee brews--- I clean and maintain/descale to a tee--- I have had it for two years and am sending for repair once again. For the cost I am regretful I paid what I did for this to have these issues now twice. Customer Service sent a box for me to return and because the warranty is up I am sincerely hoping that they fix or send a new one for an over 400 dollar machine !

Nette3976

Nette3976Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best one yet! Loving this new machine.

Best pod coffee machine I’ve ever had. From customisable coffee volume to milk warmth, froth level and the ability to make milk only drinks. Can’t go wrong! Love this machine.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

Lori_23

Lori_23South East Queensland, QLD

Sleek design

Recently replaced our basic Nespresso with Brevle Creatista Plus Stainless Steel.
The design is modern and sleek. Looks great on my kitchen bench. I like my coffee hot and this machine has temperature settings. It is easy to use and you can preprogrammed your coffee for example espresso, flat white, cappuccino.
The only downside is the machine is a bit loud.

Purchased in April 2020 at The Good Guys for A$599.00.

SkodaPANDA

SkodaPANDASydney, NSW

Absolutely terrible

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$649.00.

Milk Frothing
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Angry optus user

Angry optus userGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shocking customer service with a faulty machine

Purchased in November 2019 at Myers for A$599.00.

Matt W.

Matt W.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great product, use it every day

Easy to use and very quick, even when frothing milk. First coffee machine I've owned so I don't have anything to compare it to but I love it.

I'm guessing this machine is like other pod machines: hit and miss until you find a pod that suits your taste.

What I really like about this machine is it's flexibility- use the LCD screen to select the coffee you want and boom, there it is. Handy for when people visit who like dofferent styles of coffee.

Purchased in November 2019.

ELS Melbourne

ELS MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

LOVE it

Received this as a Christmas gift and absolutely love it. Heat up time is 3 seconds and it's very easy to use. Quiet and quick. Lots of options and the milk function is amazing. All automatic and several temperatures to choose from. I find most of them too cool, so have it set on Very Hot all the time which is perfect. Absolutely love this machine. Slightly on the expensive side so I hope it lasts but so far, very happy. Also is fairly compact which is great for my small kitchen. Nespresso pods are amazing too, as is the service from Nespresso.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer for A$650.00.

Natalie H.Illawarra, NSW

Couldn’t love it any more!

This machine is the bomb! From latte’s to lungo’s, expresso’s to cappuccinos. Beautiful coffee, perfect temperature and a lovely velvety foam all achieved with no fuss in no time with this machine. Looks great on my bench and gets compliments galore. Highly recommended!

Purchased in November 2019 at Robins Kitchen for A$450.00.

Jacqui

Jacqui

Love it

Just love the machine so quick and easy to use and clean, the quality of the coffee is consistent and the temperature produced each time is perfect. I purchased the machine for $1 I then pay $75 per month and I get that to use on coffee

Purchased in October 2019 at Nespresso Shop for A$1.00.

Raman

RamanPerth, WA

Amazing

It is the best coffee machine I have ever had, great coffee and it has 11 settings for the temperature of the milk which is amazing because i love very hot coffee. My wife drinks cappuccino and loves the 8 settings for the froth of the milk. We enjoy making latte art, it comes with the milk jug which is so easy to clean as well as the steam wand cleans automatically. I totally recommend it.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for A$649.00.

Unhappy

UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

On my third machine in 3 weeks!!

Coffee is fine when the machine works or when its not between replacements. Nespresso have been useless in delivering a machine I needed in time for a home wedding. Back up service is woefull.

Purchased in October 2019 at Nespresso Shop for A$600.00.

Emily

Emilyasked

Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800

My machine is only a few months out of warranty and now it is not frothing or heating the milk. The message to clean the steam wand keeps showing even though I have cleaned it many times. Is this just a new part needed or is the machine now rubbish? I am really disappointed that it hasn’t lasted past 2 years. Is this a fixable problem or is the expectation that I buy a whole new machine?

Interesting problem Emily. From the manual it says
"Milk steam cycle does not start - Check if the water tank is correctly positioned, if empty, fill with potable water.
- Check steam tip for any blockages and ensure wand is lowered"
My machine is several years old and way out of warranty, but still works fine. Here's a link to the manual. Hope it helps.
Mike

CMI

We had this exact same issues. We returned two machines and got a full refund on the second machine. It sounds like there was a batch of ‘lemons’ made.
We didn’t bother trying a third one because the coffee was never strong enough with with a good crema. We went back to using our old Nespresso Inissia which is so much better and we had considered this a rubbish machine reserved fir camping trips!

mikef50

I loved my old Inissia, but found my BNE800 a real beauty. Plenty of crema, especially using Nespresso or Nescafe capsules. And so easy to use. I have 3 avid coffee drinkers in my house and have not had any issues with the operation and function (touch wood).

Liz Reardon

Liz Reardonasked

Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800

My machine did lungo coffee then started milk turned itself off now when I turn on it just keeps turning off

mikef50

Sounds really odd. Let me get this straight.
1 you made a lungo (long black)
2 you switched the function to froth milk, and made hot milk
3 now it doesn't work anymore, and just switches off

Do you get any error signs or maintenance warning messages?
Did you try switching to a different setting like say espresso, or even doing a descale cycle?

Hopefully will find some answers for you.
Mike

Also from the manual....
Machine is ON but ceases to operate - Power machine off by holding START/CANCEL.
- Wait 60 minutes and press START/CANCEL or SELECT to turn to «ON-mode». - If problem persists, call the Nespresso Club.

CMI

We had two machines that were faulty and did not bother getting a third one.
The coffee is much better strength and flavour in our old small Inissia Nespresso pod we kept for camping.

Judy

Judyasked

Hi,
My Creatista Plus is new. On the lowest setting of Lungo, for example, 100ml of water comes out: the default is 150! This is a replacement for the first machine that I had that had this same issue. Both espresso and ristretto also run too much water. Any thoughts? I have spent a lot of time on line with nespresso and they said that they have not seen this befiore and were helpful, but to no avail. I do love the machine. thanks

Get an answer from our members and Breville representatives

Most reviewers positively raved about their Nespresso Creatista’s performance, which made it worth its $799 price. Some purchased multiple units, while others used their pod machine up to eight times daily, with consistently high quality coffee produced each time.

Features:

• Three second heat-up time
  • Fully automatic steam wand can create 8 milk texture levels, like thick, creamy milk that’s ideal for latte lovers, as well as silky, micro-froth for cappuccinos
  • 11 milk temperature settings
  • Three shot functions: risretto (25mL), espresso (45mL) and lungo (110mL)
  • Digital display and fully automatic steam wand make this machine easy to use
  • Assisting cleaning function makes the steam wand less fiddly to clean
  • Includes a stainless steel milk jug and a tasting box of Nespresso capsules.

Points of praise for the Breville Nespresso Creatista:

• The Creatista Plus makes customised coffee, which reviewers loved. They could choose the size of their shot, as well as preferred milk thickness and frothiness. This made the Creatista Plus a favourite for all of the family. For example, many reviewers said it catered to their preference for immediately-drinkable coffee, as well as their partner's preference for piping-hot coffee. Kids also enjoyed the hot chocolates, as the Creatista Plus can make milk-only drinks, too.

• The quality and consistency of coffee was applauded by reviewers. One reviewer summarised it aptly when they wrote: ‘We use it every day and have never had a bad coffee yet.’ Smooth coffees and silkily-frothed milk were highlights, along with temperature setting which pinpointed the accuracy of coffee quality each time.

• Notably easy to use and to clean, the Creatista features an integrated LED display that walks you through every step of the process, while an assisted cleaning function ‘purges’ the automatic steam wand after each use for easier cleaning.

Compare all 4 Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800
CategoryCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod MachinesCapsule / Coffee Pod Machines
Price (RRP) A$799.00A$799.00A$799.00A$799.00
Pump Pressure19 bar19 bar19 bar19 bar
Input Power1,500 W1,500 W1,500 W1,500 W
Water Tank Capacity1.5 L1.5 L1.5 L1.5 L
Colour / FinishBrushed Stainless SteelBlack TruffleSmoked HickorySeal Salt
Dimensions 408 x 171 x 310 mm408 x 171 x 310 mm408 x 171 x 310 mm408 x 171 x 310 mm
Weight5.2 kg5.2 kg5.2 kg5.2 kg
Capsule CompatabilityNespressoNespressoNespressoNespresso
Milk FrotherSteam WandSteam WandSteam WandSteam Wand
Heat-up Time 3 seconds3 seconds3 seconds3 seconds
Auto Shut-offYesYesYesYes
Shot FunctionsEspresso, Lungo and RistrettoEspresso, Lungo and RistrettoEspresso, Lungo and RistrettoEspresso, Lungo and Ristretto
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 4 Breville Nespresso Creatista Plus BNE800