Dometic Waeco CF Series

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

TV Tech

TV TechMelbourne

20+ years and still going strong everyday

Purchased in January 2010 for $450.00.

Very good and well priced fridge freezer

Bought mine back early 2017 and I must say its been very good since and no problems. I've had it in some very hot Qld weather and seems to run at -2 or-3 degrees without problem eventhough its using more power, drinks are still icy! It came with the insulated cover and I purchased extra warranty from tentworld. Overall I love it. I use it about every 6 months, If I was in the market for another fridge it would be great to have a dual zone fridge freezer.

Purchased in April 2017 for $700.00.

Very good but not perfect

Purchased in March 2007 for $600.00.

Peter

PeterBrisbane

Good Camping Fridge

This was a birthday gift, as we go camping all year round and have for the last 30 years relied on ice and eskies. So first trip was a good test. I pre-cooled it overnight and stacked everything properly. I have an old ute which has a 120 Amp Hour 12 volt deep cycle battery, so power would not be an issue. It worked a treat, kept the food and drinks at a constant 3 degrees and had plenty of storage space. It came with a insulation blanket to keep it cooler in direct light, and we had 3 days of 29-33 degrees. So far I can recommend it.

Purchased in February 2019.

Lindsay

LindsaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product - highly recommended

I bought my CF50 on sale for $699 at BCF. I have had it for over 18 mths and have been running it 24-7 - 50% on 12volt on 1 x solar panel & 1 x 120 amp battery in my caravan for weeks on end & 50% on 240v. Always maintains my preferred temperature -3 deg C and gets there fast, Best $699 I have ever spent.

Purchased in November 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $699.00.

Mark2859

Mark2859Sydney

Excelent Fridge/Freezer

I've only had it a year but has worked well each time we've used it. It does what it's designed to do and keeps food cool/frozen depending on the temperature you choose. No complaints and if you are in the market for a fridge can say I'm happy with mine and recommend you consider this unit.

The only issue I can think of is that the lid feels a bit wobbly when you open/close the unit. This is because with a removable lid the hinges aren't very tight. That's a small issue in the scheme of things and I can once again recommend this unit with a five star rating.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

ignas

ignasSydney

2nd Waeco Freezer. Old one was the 50L & still working.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Buy an Engel - What I should have done.

Barely lasted and the compressor went.
When it worked it would drain my 135Ah battery in 1 day. Not really acceptable when you're running off battery and solar power. Jump the fence, spend the coin and you won't be disappointed with an Engel. As they say, a poor man pays twice and I've learned my lesson with Waeco

Date PurchasedAug 2018
NeilKC

NeilKCMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

16 Years old and still running

What a great fridge, never had an issue with it.
In the 16 years I have owned it it may have been turned off for 3 months in total.
"It has been every were man".
My missus broke the handle lock once, brought one from WA (Broome) on the net, they have all the spares.
Never had a cover for it, it just keeps going and going.
I have three other fridges, two Engels and a Lumix.
The Engels are over 35 years old and do short cycle a bit but still run well..

Date PurchasedNov 2002

Cools well and good on power BUT

Date PurchasedSep 2018

ignas

ignasSydney

Most Waeco's are fine. Engels also breakdown but not as often.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

AY A

AY AAU

Dometic Waeco CF-40

For the price what you get is OK. A CFX model is obvioulsy much better and nearly double the price.
I can live with fluctuating temps as we only use as a drinks fridge and use an Opposite Lock for the food.
It does a great job for the drinks. I probably would not use it to keep my food in but I havent tried it in freezer mode as yet though.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Dannii.B

Dannii.B

Perfect addition to my camping equipment.

This was the best thing I purchased to travel oz with,it kept all my food and drinks nice and cold when crossing from coast to coast and camping out on the Nullarbor.
A great design,easy to use controls and with the insulated bag you can’t go wrong.
Fits enough food for a family of 4 for 4 days.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Andrew W

Andrew WGeelong

Lid hinge points are weak plastic that snap and need to replace the lid

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Waeko CR 50

Purchased in 2010 and have run it non stop as beee fridge at home and hooked up to battery in car for holidays. Finally bit the dust!!! I have had an excellent run with this portable fridge. Changed the fuse but it sparked up and it does not look good

Date PurchasedAug 2010

disappointing

I bought this unit 1 week ago, I use this in a motor-home. The temperature is erratic. The outside temperature is 31 degrees C. I set it to work at 2 degrees centigrade, but it hovers between + 7 to - 7. I will return the unit to the store where I bought it. I cant understand why it drops to minus 7 degrees C. It is easy to transport; I stored bread, butter, and some fruit in the unit

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Linda Luna

Linda LunaBundaberg

A Positive Experience

Purchased the CF-50 49Litre in 2009. Used as fridge. Used in the household and traveling on the road. 12V in back of vehicle and 240v at caravan parks. Very sturdy, totally reliable, holds temperature well especially in our Australian hot and humid conditions. Easy to transport. Great love the brand

Date PurchasedApr 2009

When it works its fine

Does ok when it works, from day one ive had problems with this plastic fridge, was in the market for an Engel but was talked into one of these crappy units, waeco dont have after sales service or do they do their own repairs, they just send you to a agent where they rip you off by onselling and charging exhorbent ammounts of money for doing crap all, just been ripped of again $75 inspection $200 thermistor then a further $187 for pcb, then i was told the lid was broken. What an absolute farce, this will be the last $ i spend on this crap box and will be going back to engel. Of which i have had for over 30 years whithout a hitch still going strong.

Date PurchasedJan 2009

Tony Dawson

Tony DawsonEuroa

Very good unit

Had ours for 3 years lots of use in camper trailer and home made van. It flashes the red light when disvonnecting if the battery supply isnt strong. Side control and plug unit is annoying if cramped, would be better at the front. Cig plug ...better to use anderson plugs. Cover is worth the money. Optional fold up stand takes up little room and saves your back
Works great

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Chippa

ChippaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Has been worth it

I bought my Waeco cf-40 back in 2007, it's still running, probably not as efficient as it use to but still does the job. It has had its problems though but I have managed not too have spend money on it. I now have to sort the pins out on the top board to lower the temperature and I've also had to unscrew both boards off their mountings to have it kepp going which suggest weakness or stress across the board. For the money is definitely by another, still might need too for another 10 years of I can keep this one going.

Date PurchasedFeb 2007

Alan Fowler

Alan Fowlerasked

CF-50

Hi just purchased CF50 from Annaconda Store looked at the reviews and it seems this model is problematic is this why they are discounting these models if so I will be returning it and pay the extra dollar on the CFX model please advise me as I have not yet unboxed this unit

Keith
Keith

Hi Alan, I don't know all of the Waeco brands but my understanding is that the CF50 is, essentially, a baseline model. You can pay more and get bluetooth blah blah but I just want an on/off switch and an adjustable thermostat. I still have an old CF50 (approx 10 years) and had the common problem of the unit freezing but the thermo showing 60 degrees. Obviously not right. As it was an old fridge I was prepared to do minor surgery on the casing (as per Youtube) and replace the thermistor. Cost me about $60 and it is still going well in my laundry. I bought the "new" CF60 about 6 months ago but it is branded as a Kings. It was approx $600 with the external insulation skin included. It is basic but has worked well. Try to use Anderson plugs because the cigarette type move around on rough roads. All up, you get a basic product at a good price. By the way, I bought the Kings 60 litre because its dimensions suited the tub/canopy of my hilux. That was important to me but maybe not others.

good luck. Keith

TRB

TRBasked

CF-50

I have a coolmatic CF 50 which has been in storage for about 4 years. I just tried to use it and even on the first bar on the controls it is freezing my beer. Any help?

Barry T.

Barry T.asked

CF-50

Hi my 75ltr works ok on 240 but won't on 12V .There's 13:2v at input.will run on emergency but not on low cutout regard Baz

Get an answer from our members and Dometic representatives

Dometic CF-40 (41 L)

Dometic CF-40 (41 L)

Dometic Coolfreeze CF-11 (10.5 L)

Dometic Coolfreeze CF-11 (10.5 L)

No reviews

Dometic CF-35 (31 L)
  • Discontinued

Dometic CF-35 (31 L)

1 review
CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $499$599$699$699
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity39L10.5L47L50L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter)Battery and Wall Outlet
FeaturesInterior LightDigital Display Panel and Interior LightInterior Light and Reversible Lid
Weight17.2 kg8.5 kg12 kg18.5 kg
Dimensions 445 x 360 x 580 mm358 x 235 x 540 mm414 x 465 x 300 mm480 x 630 x 360 mm
Construction Material PlasticPlastic
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)

Download manual