Dometic Waeco CF Series

CF-50, CF-40 (41 L), CF-18 (18 L), etc...
See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Dometic? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Easy to use

• Affordable

• Very mobile and portable

Cons

• Less durable and robust than other fridges

• Some reviewers notice technical failures, especially of digital temperature display

Customer
CustomerToowoomba

I had a similar issue with Tentworld Toowoomba .

I had a similar issue with Tentworld Toowoomba a few years ago not standing by a faulty bbq I purchased off them. Very poor customer service.ie lack of service. Never purchase anything from Tentworld since.

Lynn F
Lynn FIllawarra, NSW

Waeco. 50 Good.

This fridge replaced a 3 way so difference is large.
Cools quickly on 240, quiet running, the fridge section works well, the temp needs to be set a little higher to maintain freezing ie set on 9 or 10
Getting to know it and we love it

Purchased in October 2020 at ALDI for $599.00.

SilverGhost
SilverGhost

Waeco Dometic 12V fridges. Mostly good.

I have bought and used four Waeco Dometic fridges over the last 7 years or so. Three have been used in camper vans I've built, and one in a yacht.
Of the three I've fitted and used in camper vans, all have performed faultlessly. Although they've not been used continuously, the vehicles they are in have done many, many thousands of kilometres and been subject to much pounding, vibration and dust.
The owner of the yacht tells me that the electronics unit of the fridge I fitted to his yacht failed after a couple of years.
I'll buy another Waeco Dometic when I next need a vehicle fridge.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Dometic Waeco CF Series compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Robert
RobertHunter Region, NSW

4 years of life and $400+ to repair.

The fridge kept great temperature, that was never an issue. It came up with an error code not listed (3 flashing lights then 3 seconds later it repeated). Took it to local Waeco agent and the compressor had died. This fridge was 4 years old, had not been mistreated and was only used between 3 and 8 months per year. I was advised by the agent I needed to use it more often than that. I don't believe there was anything in the manual regarding how long it needed to be on per year. Not worth repairing and will be choosing another brand. I just hope my 35ltr CFX doesn't give up.
I also emailed Dometic about this fridge on 18/11/2020 at 12.39pm, I received their rote response and to this day 13/12/2020 they have still not replied to me.

Purchased in November 2016 at Tentworld for $1,000.00.

BrettnJa
BrettnJaMid West, WA

Waeco 50 & Dometic Waeco 50

Purchased in August 2012.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Matt
MattFar North Queensland, QLD

Great for travelling

Just the right size for long weekend trips without taking up the whole car. Low power draw, will run from a 100Ah battery for at least 4 days when set to 4 degrees.

Russell G.
Russell G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

4 days in, compressor rattling, told this is normal.

Purchased in January 2020 at Snowys Outdoors for $529.00.

Top fridge

The cf 50 works perfectly on 240 and 12 volts. I've had this fridge 7to8 years and still counting. Never has it failed in hot extreme weather and I'm talking 45 plus degrees c. The power consumption is very good and with Sola set up on the 4wd it never stopped. The con is the Lach can break so be careful you can get a replacement for this. I have read some of the reviews on this fridge and put it down to some people don't know what they are doing. Others just bag it because it's a waeco. All and all it's a fantastic reliable fridge

Purchased in May 2013 at Anaconda for $800.00.

TV Tech
TV TechMelbourne

20+ years and still going strong everyday

Purchased in January 2010 for $450.00.

Lyall
Lyall

Very good and well priced fridge freezer

Bought mine back early 2017 and I must say its been very good since and no problems. I've had it in some very hot Qld weather and seems to run at -2 or-3 degrees without problem eventhough its using more power, drinks are still icy! It came with the insulated cover and I purchased extra warranty from tentworld. Overall I love it. I use it about every 6 months, If I was in the market for another fridge it would be great to have a dual zone fridge freezer.

Purchased in April 2017 for $700.00.

Very good but not perfect

Purchased in March 2007 for $600.00.

Peter
PeterBrisbane

Good Camping Fridge

This was a birthday gift, as we go camping all year round and have for the last 30 years relied on ice and eskies. So first trip was a good test. I pre-cooled it overnight and stacked everything properly. I have an old ute which has a 120 Amp Hour 12 volt deep cycle battery, so power would not be an issue. It worked a treat, kept the food and drinks at a constant 3 degrees and had plenty of storage space. It came with a insulation blanket to keep it cooler in direct light, and we had 3 days of 29-33 degrees. So far I can recommend it.

Purchased in February 2019.

Lindsay
LindsaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Product - highly recommended

I bought my CF50 on sale for $699 at BCF. I have had it for over 18 mths and have been running it 24-7 - 50% on 12volt on 1 x solar panel & 1 x 120 amp battery in my caravan for weeks on end & 50% on 240v. Always maintains my preferred temperature -3 deg C and gets there fast, Best $699 I have ever spent.

Purchased in November 2017 at BCF Physical Store for $699.00.

Mark S
Mark SSydney

Excelent Fridge/Freezer

I've only had it a year but has worked well each time we've used it. It does what it's designed to do and keeps food cool/frozen depending on the temperature you choose. No complaints and if you are in the market for a fridge can say I'm happy with mine and recommend you consider this unit.

The only issue I can think of is that the lid feels a bit wobbly when you open/close the unit. This is because with a removable lid the hinges aren't very tight. That's a small issue in the scheme of things and I can once again recommend this unit with a five star rating.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
ignas
ignasSydney

2nd Waeco Freezer. Old one was the 50L & still working.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Read more reviews - page 2

Peter W.
Peter W.asked
CF-40 (41 L)

Can both power cord be connected at the same time on a waeco fridge

Mike
Mikeasked
CF-50

Bought my new dometic cf50 in December from Anaconda Had an old waeco for 13 years . No problems . New one on 240 v set fridge at 2 degrees actual temp is 5 degrees +. Should there be that much difference

Allan D
Allan Dasked
CF-50

My CF 50 suddenly stopped working on 12v but still works on 240v. Not much help driving in the bush.

See all Dometic Waeco CF Series questions

Dometic Waeco CF Series

The Dometic Waeco CF Series are a line of affordable, easy to use, portable dedicated fridge and freezers. They run on 12V or 240V electric power and come equipped with an internal light and digital temperature display. They're made of plastic and come with a protective cover that improves insulation.

Reviewers are divided on the Dometic Waeco CF Series. Some people liked its energy efficiency, ability to work in hot temperatures and lighter-weight portability, but others cited trouble with the digital temperature display and had doubts about the efficiency of the compressor. Its a less durable and robust portable fridge than others on the market, though it is considerably more affordable.

Compare all 5 Dometic Waeco CF Series
Dometic CF-35 (31 L)
  • Discontinued

Dometic CF-35 (31 L)

CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $499.00$599.00$699.00
Type Dedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity39L10.5L47L
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter)
FeaturesInterior LightDigital Display Panel and Interior Light
Weight17.2 kg8.5 kg12 kg
Dimensions 445 x 360 x 580 mm358 x 235 x 540 mm414 x 465 x 300 mm
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)
Construction MaterialPlastic