Dometic Waeco CFX Series

Dometic Waeco CFX Series

CFX 50W (50L), CFX 65DZ (61L), CFX 40W (41L), etc...

Pros

• Modern technology, including mobile app, USB port and internal LED light

• Energy efficient compressor technology for fast and efficient cooling

• Can operate on solar power

Cons

• Some reviewers complain about high power draw

1 star is the lowest I could give it.

The fridge lasted 5 months before it developed a gas leak and stopped cooling completely. It took 7 weeks of fighting Dometic to get a new fridge. To pay $1400 for a fridge to last not even 6 months isn't acceptable. Maybe this one fridge was faulty, but would you trust it out west to not let you down, after it already has once? Absolutely not. So when it does break in the middle of your trip and your food goes off, you then have to deal with terrible customer service. I'll never buy another Dometic product again.

Purchased in September 2019 at Anaconda.

Warrenlucas21

Warrenlucas21Illawarra, NSW

faulty fridge/terrible customer service

The worst customer service, faulty fridge not willing to help out with anything telling me that it’s normal. Fridge won’t hold temperatures runs constantly they have told me to take it to a local dometic dealer and they can’t work out with dometic how to fix the issue now with out a fridge for who knows how long and it’s only 2 months old used twice.

Purchased in September 2019 at BCF for $1,500.00.

Kellie S

Kellie SSydney, NSW

Camping game changer

Used this fridge for all of our food whilst camping for a week. Completely avoided the soggy wet food in a defrosted esky. Only wish the stands were able to hold the weight of the 95l fridge.

Purchased in December 2019 at BCF Physical Store for $1,200.00.

Portable Fridges / Freezers

Find out how Dometic Waeco CFX Series compares to other Portable Fridges / Freezers

Crap customer service, already has problems

Bought the cfx 50L a year ago and its already not working- tried contacting dometic over a handful of times now with no replies. Such poor customer service especially seeing how expensive it was.

Purchased in January 2019 at Anaconda for $15,000.00.

DOMETIC CFX 95DZ2

Purchased in May 2017 at TJM Physical Store for $1,650.00.

Ian S.

Ian S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Cfx40 Poor Quality Electronics that fail and Dometic unhelpful

The main PBC board failed causing it to go from +2 to -22 without warning and freeze and explode the contents. Dometic wanted $66.00 to access the fault and another $221.00 to replace the PBC board. The fridge is just 4 years old and only been used a total of 10 weeks since new. Dometic customer phone support when asked the live span of CFX40 said at least 5 years trouble free service, but Dometic Service wont honour warranty for a known part failure and dont return phone calls to service department and service division needs a major shake up cleaning out the deadwood. I have a ENGEL 40lt running 24/7 since new and no problems In 19 years operation.

Purchased in September 2015 at BCF for $1,100.00.

NoFrills

NoFrillsWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Brand new - good track record

Purchased in November 2019 at Snowys Outdoors Online store for $1,274.00.

William D.

William D.South East Queensland, QLD

Giving a one star rating is to high.

Lewy J.

Lewy J.Hunter Region, NSW

Works well when its not at the repairers

Have had my cfx 50 for around 18 months now, the first fault happened around the 11 month mark and was told there was a problem with the units computer chip or something. Now i have it back and the wifi app tells me that the whole compressor system has failed. Back to the repairer.
Yesterday I proceed to take the CFX75 (I bought around the same time for my camper trailer and have used it for probably a total of 7 days all up) out of the camper and into the ute until the 50l is fixed and today the compressor system dies in that one too!! Cant win!!

dior2009

dior2009Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Fridge, cools to 4 degrees in 30 mins

Bought this fridge for my regular road trips with mates, it was a little bigger than I wanted but it's so good at keeping things cool and it's super quiet. Love the compartments and the fact that it cools to 4 degrees within 30 mins. Its also very energy efficient, I ran it for 4 days constant using my 130ah battery and the battery was still at 55% at the end of the trip.

Purchased in April 2019 for $750.00.

Great fridge,very happy with its performance.

Touring around Nth Territory for two months,very warm 30c most days.This is our main fridge and runs off solar power most off the time ,it has not failed us yet We buy enough food for 2 weeks at a time plenty off room in the freezer and fridge .It runs 24/7 still have enough power in the battery to watch tv and have lights on.

Purchased for $500.00.

Josh

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great size, looks good, low power.

Purchased in January 2019 at BCF Physical Store for $1,319.00.

PerthPhilPerth, WA

High power consumption

Purchased in December 2017 at Anaconda Physical store for $1,100.00.

Keith

KeithHunter Region, NSW

Be careful they do not last

Purchased in February 2015 at Anaconda for $949.00.

Hughesie

HughesieThe Mallee, VIC

Save and get an Engel

Have had this for 2 years and it lives in the back of my Ranger 4x4. I am building a house on weekends and also use it for shopping.
Doesn’t handle heat above 40c. Turns off.
This is Australia and it gets hot, so manufacturer should tell us about that limitation.
I paid over $800 and also bought the cover that is perishing quickly.
Will sell it on Gumtree and get a 40 litre dual zone Engel.
Peter
Robinvale

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Jon8965

Jon8965Sydney, NSW

Overall good but basic manufacturing a bit ordinary

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Bangerjames

BangerjamesMelbourne

Nothing but trouble

Had for 6 years, every third time its used something goes wrong, it has now cost me more in repairs than what the fridge is worth, when it runs its good but always breaks down, once again on holidays and it’s faulty,can’t use, stay well clear, there crap don’t waste your money

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Travis J

Travis JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't waste your money

Having spent a lot on money on this you would expect it to work for more than 4 weeks before complete failure. Has only been used several times and not will not function at all. Brought it for my wife whilst she was in hospital as we needed a fridge & freezer to keep medication and also food yeh it has failed and cost us lots more on wasted medication and food.

Was great when working but is now useless and we are expected to take it somewhere to get fixed which inst where we brought it from. Have been waiting a week for Dometic to reply to my email yet no response. I am expected to take a day off work to take it somewhere over 30 minutes away from where I live. I don't find this an acceptable solution.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
waza

wazaHunter Region, NSW

great

Ive owned a CFX 50 for a number of years now ,I use it on solar fitted to my 4x4 then to a battery for camping and extended trips it uses very little power I could even cut the size of my solar in half Ive used it for up to a month at a time in my car and could leave it permantly their with out a problem I bought it on price (in a sale) I couldn't afford an Engle and am glad I stuck with the waeco I will buy another one if this ever fails me ( I doubt it will)

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Byooty

ByootyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lasted 1 day on the track.

This is one of the worst fridges I have had the misfortune to own.
At home in December while prepping for a trip in August it cut out on 12v because the weather was too hot for it to handle.
On our recent outback trip it couldnt handle the rattling/shaking or dust of the first track and failed after just one day, luckily we were heading for Broken hill.

At Broken Hill we jettisoned the Waeco and bought an Engel to replace it, the Engel never missed a beat on a 2 week trip on below average gravel roads.

Save your money and buy Engel.

Date PurchasedNov 2017