Dometic Waeco CFX Series

See the Best Portable Fridges / Freezers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

dior2009

dior2009Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Fridge, cools to 4 degrees in 30 mins

Bought this fridge for my regular road trips with mates, it was a little bigger than I wanted but it's so good at keeping things cool and it's super quiet. Love the compartments and the fact that it cools to 4 degrees within 30 mins. Its also very energy efficient, I ran it for 4 days constant using my 130ah battery and the battery was still at 55% at the end of the trip.

Purchased in April 2019 for $750.00.

Great fridge,very happy with its performance.

Touring around Nth Territory for two months,very warm 30c most days.This is our main fridge and runs off solar power most off the time ,it has not failed us yet We buy enough food for 2 weeks at a time plenty off room in the freezer and fridge .It runs 24/7 still have enough power in the battery to watch tv and have lights on.

Purchased for $500.00.

Josh

JoshSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great size, looks good, low power.

Purchased in January 2019 at BCF Physical Store for $1,319.00.

PerthPhilPerth, WA

High power consumption

Purchased in December 2017 at Anaconda Physical store for $1,100.00.

Keith

KeithHunter Region, NSW

Be careful they do not last

Purchased in February 2015 at Anaconda for $949.00.

Hughesie

HughesieThe Mallee, VIC

Save and get an Engel

Have had this for 2 years and it lives in the back of my Ranger 4x4. I am building a house on weekends and also use it for shopping.
Doesn’t handle heat above 40c. Turns off.
This is Australia and it gets hot, so manufacturer should tell us about that limitation.
I paid over $800 and also bought the cover that is perishing quickly.
Will sell it on Gumtree and get a 40 litre dual zone Engel.
Peter
Robinvale

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Jon8965

Jon8965Sydney

Overall good but basic manufacturing a bit ordinary

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Bangerjames

BangerjamesMelbourne

Nothing but trouble

Had for 6 years, every third time its used something goes wrong, it has now cost me more in repairs than what the fridge is worth, when it runs its good but always breaks down, once again on holidays and it’s faulty,can’t use, stay well clear, there crap don’t waste your money

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Travis J

Travis JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Don't waste your money

Having spent a lot on money on this you would expect it to work for more than 4 weeks before complete failure. Has only been used several times and not will not function at all. Brought it for my wife whilst she was in hospital as we needed a fridge & freezer to keep medication and also food yeh it has failed and cost us lots more on wasted medication and food.

Was great when working but is now useless and we are expected to take it somewhere to get fixed which inst where we brought it from. Have been waiting a week for Dometic to reply to my email yet no response. I am expected to take a day off work to take it somewhere over 30 minutes away from where I live. I don't find this an acceptable solution.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
waza

waza

great

Ive owned a CFX 50 for a number of years now ,I use it on solar fitted to my 4x4 then to a battery for camping and extended trips it uses very little power I could even cut the size of my solar in half Ive used it for up to a month at a time in my car and could leave it permantly their with out a problem I bought it on price (in a sale) I couldn't afford an Engle and am glad I stuck with the waeco I will buy another one if this ever fails me ( I doubt it will)

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Byooty

ByootyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lasted 1 day on the track.

This is one of the worst fridges I have had the misfortune to own.
At home in December while prepping for a trip in August it cut out on 12v because the weather was too hot for it to handle.
On our recent outback trip it couldnt handle the rattling/shaking or dust of the first track and failed after just one day, luckily we were heading for Broken hill.

At Broken Hill we jettisoned the Waeco and bought an Engel to replace it, the Engel never missed a beat on a 2 week trip on below average gravel roads.

Save your money and buy Engel.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Mick

MickGold Coast

Can't expect it to not leak....?

After second use noticed it was leaking on a join next to the compressor. So when I got home, I put it on the bench (not plugged in) put about 30mm of water in the bottom, checked it the next day and water had leaked out. So I took it in to the Dometic factory Varsity Lakes. They said its not meant to have water in it and to expect it to leak?? So you buy a $100 esky and expect it not to leak but buy one for $1400 an expect a leak? So if you accidentally have water just above the join which is about 20 mm from the bottom it will leak. Great product..!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Keithy

KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD

Great fridge, power hungry, but good.

I’ve has my Waeco CFX 50 for nearly 4 years now and I love it! It does exactly as asked and is more than ample to do the job. Fits plenty for a family of 3 for even long trips!

It is, however, very power hungry. My old ARB 78L fridge used less power to do the same job.

Points of note:
They like good power connections, so upgrade to Anderson plugs for your power lead.
They cycle a lot more than other fridges.
The lid is light, so sometimes you need to press it down to close it properly.
The USB charge point is extremely good to charge devices.

I’d buy another. I use mine heaps, it’s a great fridge, just need a big battery if you use it.

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Unreliable fridge - terrible customer service

Fridge gets down to temp then turns off ( like it should ). Then once it comes to restart, if the input voltage is about 12.1v, it will not restart - despite the battery monitor being set to low, with a cut out voltage of 10.1v and a restart voltage of 11.1. Service agent couldn’t find a fault, Waeco don’t return emails and BCF are washing their hands of it ( not that they have ever been any help because I had to deliver it to the service agent ). Cannot find any schematics for the power circuits so I can try and repair it myself. I’ve had this problem for at least 2 years and it’s been to the repairer twice since I bought it.
I don’t know what my next fridge will be, but it won’t be a Waeco and it won’t be from BCF.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

MalGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed with both product and support

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Crossrip

CrossripSydney, NSW

1st world magic

Date PurchasedJan 2018

wolffram

wolfframGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect fridge/freezer

This is our fourth Waeco unit over 10 years, and the best yet. I seriously cannot fault this one at all. We previously ran a dual zone 80 fridge/freezer Waeco which was great, but with only one lid the freezer section was continuously exposed and prone to icing up. This new unit solves that with a separate lid for each section. The unit is divided into two, each with its own cooling capabilities. This means you can run either end as the fridge or freezer depending on your needs. The unit is also wi-fi capable, which means you can run the app and monitor and change the temp for each compartment from the driver’s seat-brilliant! This unit is the best!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Relby

RelbyPerth

Love it!

Keeps our drinks icy cold. We take our Waeco to work with us. We also have taken it on the road when we travel up north for work. It keeps our food and drinks fresh for days. It has never let us down. This is one of our best purchases

Date PurchasedAug 2016

max

maxSydney, NSW

waeco cfx-65dz a load of rubbish

the fridge worked well for 3 years 2 weeks then runs for a few hours and stops cooling turn it off,wait several hours turn it on and it does the same thing contacted dometic and was told "you cant expect it to run forever". their customer service is rubbish like their fridges

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

andram

andramAU

Waeco 12volt Fridges...not designed to last

Disappointed that this Waeco fridge only lasted 3 years, paid $1,399.
Very little use, now the fridge doesn’t get cold...nobody seems keen to even look at it or repair it. Service people said go & buy a new fridge.
I have left phone messages & emailed Waeco regarding the faulty fridge...still waiting for a reply!

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Rob

Robasked

CFX 95DZW (94.5L)

I have the unit set to 2c in the back compartment and -20c in the front it seems to be running constantly switching from one comp to the other with 10min break, is this normal? The ambient temp is 28c and the unit is in the shade all day.

David S

David Sasked

CFX 95DZW (94.5L)

Red light is on the small triangular light below the power light. Neither compartment is cooling. When I click on the ? next to the comment on the mobile app it says “valve faulty”. What does this mean?

Amelia

Ameliaasked

CFX 50W (50L)

My Waeco CFX 28 fridge/freezer does not go below -02 degrees despite being programmed at below -14. the engine is still running an orange light comes on and then a flashing red, then turns green and continues to run but does not fall below -02 degrees. Thanks.Amelia.

Get an answer from our members and Dometic representatives

Dometic CFX 100W (100L)
  • Discontinued

Dometic CFX 100W (100L)

No reviews
Dometic CFX 65DZ (61L)
  • Discontinued

Dometic CFX 65DZ (61L)

Dometic CFX 95DZW (94.5L)

Dometic CFX 95DZW (94.5L)

Dometic CFX 75DZW (75L)

Dometic CFX 28 (28.2L)

Dometic CFX 28 (28.2L)

Dometic CFX 50W (50L)

Dometic CFX 50W (50L)

CategoryPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / FreezersPortable Fridges / Freezers
Price (RRP) $1,899$1,699$1,499$1,249$1,149$899$13,399
Type Dual Zone Fridge + FreezerDual Zone Fridge + FreezerDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer ComboDedicated Fridge + Freezer Combo
Capacity95L75L65L41L34.5L26L50L
Can Capacity133 Cans113 Cans106 Cans60 Cans45 Cans42 Cans72 Cans
Power SourceCar (Cigarette Lighter), Solar and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter), Solar and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter), Solar and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter) and Wall OutletCar (Cigarette Lighter), Solar and Wall Outlet
FeaturesInterior Light, Mobile App and USB PortDigital Display Panel, Interior Light, Mobile App and USB PortInterior Light, Mobile App and USB PortDigital Display Panel, Interior Light, Mobile App, Removable Lid and USB PortDigital Display Panel, Interior Light, Mobile App, Removable Lid and USB PortInterior Light, Removable compartment divider and USB PortDigital Display Panel, Interior Light, Mobile App, Reversible Lid and USB Port
Cooling Capacity10 °C to 18 °C10 °C to 18 °C-22 °C to +50 °C-18 °C to +10 °C
Weight32 kg31 kg22.3 kg18.5 kg17.5 kg13.1 kg20.4 kg
Dimensions 472 x 957 x 530 mm472 x 887 x 495 mm561 x 725 x 455 mm461 x 398 x 692 mm411 x 398 x 692 mm425 x 342 x 620 mm471 x 725 x 455 mm
Construction Material PolypropylenePolypropyleneStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelPolypropylenePolypropylenePolypropylenePolypropylene
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)3 year(s)

Download manual