Westinghouse WBE 5300 / 5304 / 5314 / 5360 Series (528L, Bottom Mount)

Westinghouse WBE 5300 / 5304 / 5314 / 5360 Series (528L, Bottom Mount)

WBE5300SA (Stainless Steel), WBE5300WA (White), WBE5304SA, WBE5314SA and WBE5360SA

great space and reliable - just the handles are weak

watch the handles they are weak but Westinghouse replaced mine even whilst out of warranty. currently can only buy the complete handle set for about $180. they are going to start supplying the pedal stool only which is just a screw on item (plastic and breaks easy)

Purchased in October 2016.

Internal Layout
Household Size 4 person(s)

Beautiful fridge, just the right size

Firstly I like the size of this fridge, it isn't too deep for my little short arms to get to the back of the fridge to wipe down. I like the spill free shelf design, if anything leeks it doesn't spread to the other lower shelves. I love the wine shelf, I use it for bottles of water, so much more convenient to get a bottle out and you can see how many you have at a glance. I don't like the height of the medicine keeper you can't fit a large bottle kiddies Panadol or Nurofen in the keeper. I like the vegetable draw and all the draws of the freezer, so much better than wire baskets. No wire baskets for food to wrap around making it impossible to remove without defrosting. Easy to clean inside and out and a very good looking fridge.

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,161.00.

Noisy

Have had this fridge now for three months. The style and refrigeration efficiency is good, however when in operation it sounds like a Jet Aircraft, the design of the fan desperately needs looking at. Other family members have got different brand fridges same size or larger and you would not even know they are running

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,558.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi Cookie, Narelle from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle, ticket 952449.

Beeping when door shut and no longer cold

purchased this fridge October 2016 and now it is no longer cold and keeps beeping when the door is shut! Freezer not cold either, it’s not even 3 years old and have had to throw out so much food! Spoke with Electrolux and we are 5 months out of the 2 year warranty and now it will cost me $145 for them to come out and just look at it! Then labour and parts on top of that! Not happy at all!

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,569.00.

Household Size 2 person(s)
Hi Rachel, Narelle from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle (ticket 862187).

Lemon

Our Refrigerator was required to have parts replaced under warranty .
The Freezer was not operating at the Correct temperature . We were without a Refrigerator at this time for three weeks while we were waiting for the parts .
The Parts were eventually replaced by our Local Service Electrolux Agents .
Nine months later the same problem has occurred .
I have contacted Electrolux Call Centre three times they are reluctant to give assistance .
They keep referring me back to the Service Agent .
We look after our Household Appliances and have never had problems like this before .
We don't consider that we should be penalised because of Faulty parts .
We are extremely reluctant to purchase any Westinghouse Product in the Future after this unfortunate Experience .

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Kevin, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge WBE5314SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with ref 799402 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana Thanks Rumana

Much noisier than I expected

The first fridge delivered was extremely noisy. It was so noisy that it would wake you up at night when the fan & compressor started. We contacted Westinghouse and they sent a technician out who said that after a week it should be less noisy. He arranged for a replacement. We were told that the replacement fridge would decrease in noise over a day or two. It been about a week and while quieter than the first fridge its still much noisier than our old fridge. Apart from the noise its works well.

When I attempted to submit this review on the Westinghouse Web Site it was removed. An email was sent to me saying "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Weak handles

Have not had any issues with the fridge itself except the fridge handle broke off on the day of delivery. On the day of delivery, walked pass the fridge and lightly bumped the fridge handle. The bottom attachment of the handle broke off. The handle is attached to the main body of the fridge by small black plastic knobs. One of them broke when I bumped it lightly. I feel as though this is not supposed to occur after a light sideways bump.
I emailed Westinghouse over a week a go, I am still waiting for a reply with regards to it getting fixed.
the rest of the fridge is wonderful though. Lots of space On the shelves and door. You have to open the door wide open to get to the verge crisp drawer. The freezer gets a bit of frost though. But nothing that is too disrupting.
But I would like my fridge to have a handle.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Update: wrote into Westinghouse requesting repair. Took a while for them to answer 2-3weeks but they eventually did. Requesting us to call a number to arrange a repair man to come to repair the handle. Unfortunately the way the handle broke was more complicated than changing the black knob, and the whole door needed to be changed. They ordered the door and arranged another time to change the door. Done, and all under warrenty. Thank you Westinghouse.

Perfect and comfortable to use

hugh space, good cooling, available in different range options.
it uses less electric bills,
It has lot of space available, and good storage system.
Easy to open and close. The best I like is it have variety of compartments with different size and facility
also it have separate box compartments for vegetables and double door.
Freeze box is lower side, so you dont have to bend frequently unless needed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good

I love this fridge. Was given the option of ordering it opening either side which was perfect for my kitchen as we needed one that was opposite to what most come. Great amount of space and a good layout. it's the perfect size for my family and I don't think I'm going to need another one until it breaks which I'm hoping to be a very long time from now. I would buy this again and recommend to others.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Died 3 timed in 18 months.

Purchased from Joyce Mayne with a Westinghouse dishwasher for our new house. Fridge has died 3 times forcing us to throw away hundreds of dollars of food each time.
The fridge just stops chilling/freezing each time and the temp gauge inside flashes.
This first time they replaced a fan. The second time the put in a new compressor. Now the repairer wanted to replace some pipes?
The last repairer said that this would keep happening (not sure why) and to ask Joyce Mayne for a new fridge Contacted Joyce Mayne who were helpful and agreed this was not good enough and advised I would get a call from Westinghouse regarding a replacement.
So far it has been 2 weeks with no fridge/food with 3 kids and my elderly mother to take care of. I received a call from a lady from Westinghouse (Electrolux) yesterday. She informed me someone would call me next week to arrange delivery of our new fridge. I enquired about them sending a different model as i have lost all faith in this product. She said no as they had plenty of this model in stock. I asked her if there were any known problems with this model and if this is likely to happen again? She quite rudely stated "all things brake down from time to time". Huh? Obviously do not have faith in their own product.
We are a young family and were previously using two 20yr old hand me down fridges that never missed a beat. This same lady then informed me she reviewed our case and the issues were "minor". I would say a fridge failing 3 times in 18 months is not "minor".
When a fridge won't keep actually do it's job and keep your food cold/frozen I would say that is about as big a failure as it can have.
Not happy at all. Will be taking this further and demanding a refund or a different model. Looks good, great size but the worst purchase we have made.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Blake, Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine . Thanks, Catherine

Perfect, quiet

Temperature is great I have set on average the coolest temperature is very cool. Love the size and design of the vegetable chill draw and the ice tray is great. Door seals very well however can be a little hard to open immediately after closing. We purchased this fridge as it is quieter than our previous fridge,

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Great family sized fridge!

We upgraded recently to the Westinghouse (after having another Westinghouse for 7 years) and love it! There is plenty of room inside, with the wide shelves, door shelves, bottle holders, etc The fridge is also nice and bright when you open it, making it easy to find things.
The stainless doors have a nice clean finish, and easy to clean.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great use of space

I like the design, and it is simple and great for a family of 4. I like that the vegr compartment is easy to reach. Also it is fairly easy to keep clean. Temperature controls are good. Freezer works well, i like the sliding out drawers in the freezer, makes for easy storage

Date PurchasedOct 2017

WBE 5360SA - perfect fridge

Great fridge, has plenty of space. Has great functional racking which can be moved where required. Chilled water is great along with the auto ice maker .. Ice bucket holds a far amount of ice for parties. Good options for vegetables with humidity adjuster and divider. Freezer is great holds a far amount .. would highly recommend this fridge

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Door Handle - Peeling

I have had this fridge for less than 12 months. Seems to work OK but the door handles which I thought were stainless steel are not, they are painted - this paint is peeling off and looks awful. I have sent emails to the people I purchased it from and customer care at electrolux and still no response at all! Must say I am not at all impressed with their customer service - Very disappointing!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Best fridge I've owned

Besides a minor freezer drawer handle snapping off, this is the best fridge I've owned. There's heaps of room, the climate controls are easy to use, everything stays cold. The stainless steel door is actually quite fingerprint resistant, especially with kids around. It's pretty quiet too, barely noticeable. Very happy with it.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Small outside, huge inside

We purchased this fridge as it was the only fridge that had a plumbed in water supply and could fit in the space we had available... which is quite a slim space.
We LOVE this fridge. It looks really good on the outside, it has loads of space inside and the shelves are really easy to clean and I love that I can see through them clearly to see what is on the shelf below it.
The ice maker is perfect for us, we love that you can fill the small tray or the entire draw with home made ice.
I can't fault this fridge :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Love it

The perfect fridge for us. Freezer compartment on the bottom definitely provides more room than the alternative. We have owned this fridge for 3 months now and have noticed our power bill drop significantly. Very economical to run. Extremely easy to clean with a damp wipe. Haven’t heard it make any noise so quietness a definite bonus. Very happy with purchase for our small family

Date PurchasedApr 2018

WORKS OK BUT LACKING IN SOME AREAS

Not overly impressed with this fridge ! We decided to buy the top mounted fridge, so the freezer is at the bottom. The crisper drawer is just not deep enough so putting bulkier items like cauliflower or broccoli is a bit of a struggle. The freezer part is ok but the drawers tend to restrict what you can put in there too. And I seem to struggle putting any taller containers in the fridge. The door handles initially kept falling off, thats been addressed and now seems ok. It operates well and seems to cool well in all areas, it is quiet and looks good. I probably wouldn't buy it again though, I regret not spending a couple of hundred dollars more and getting the Fisher and Paykel.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Perfect size fridge

Quiet fridge

Racks come out for easy cleaning.

Temperature control for both fridge and freezer it really easy to use. Ice box is a little small but average compared to others.

Comes with a wine or soft drink rake, cheese and or butter box. You can change the lay out. Which is very usefull.

I recommend this fridge for family of 4, even 5

Date PurchasedAug 2017

How do I stop vegetable drawer freezing vegetables

The height dimensions in the brochure seem rather high compared to the actual fridge. Can anyone tell me the actual height of the fridge cabinet (at the back, not including Hines on top) from floor to top of cabinet please?

The fridge is fine, but the handle (top door) broke, its just a flimsy clip. I rang Westinghouse (parts) and while I only require the pedestal that the screws into the handle and then clips on the fridge, I have been informed you have to by a handle kit some $180. I don't need the whole thing just the pedestal, seems a rort. Is this right?

Westinghouse WBE5314SAWestinghouse WBE5304SAWestinghouse WBE5360SAWestinghouse WBE5300SA (Stainless Steel)Westinghouse WBE5300WA (White)
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,399$2,139$2,299$1,949$1,699
Dimensions 1725 x 796 x 763 mm1725 x 796 x 763 mm1725 x 796 x 727 mm1725 x 796 x 727 mm1725 x 796 x 727 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm , Frost Free and Wine RackDoor Alarm , Frost Free and Wine RackDoor Alarm , Frost Free, Water Dispenser and Wine RackDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Frost Free and Wine RackDisplay Panel, Door Alarm , Frost Free and Wine Rack
Colour / Finish Stainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelStainless SteelWhite
Handle Type External External RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves33333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins 11111
Door Hinge Left and RightLeft and RightRightLeft and RightLeft and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity