Westinghouse 528L Bottom Mount WBE53 Series

Westinghouse 528L Bottom Mount WBE53 Series

WBE5300 (Integrated Handle), WBE5304 (Bar Handle)

• Internal Layout
Prado120

Prado120Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Noisy all the time

Received our new Westinghouse fridge today after replacing a 30yr old fridge . Fridge is in a wall cavity and all you can here in the kitchen is the constant fan like noise from the fridge . The door is also incredibly hard to open . Terribly disappointed with the purchase
Great layout inside though

Purchased in January 2021 at e&s for $1,535.00.

Anthony KWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Freezer is Faulty

Wish I had read these reviews before purchasing
The freezer alarm keeps going off. Set it to the correct temperature as per the manual, but every time you add something you have to set the "quick freeze" function otherwise the alarm sounds. You need to push this 2 to 3 times over a 3 hour period and this has not even stopped the alarm from sounding after being set 3 times in a row. I finally discover you can disable the alarm for 12 hours. Guess what, it went off again after 12 hours :( . I have had ice cream in the freezer for 30 hours since purchased and it is softer than when I bought it from the supermarket.
This fridge is a dud.
I'll be contacting there customer support as soon as I can.

Purchased in October 2020 at Harvey Norman for $1,840.00.

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One star is too generous for such an awful fridge

Purchased in February 2020 at Appliances Online.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 528L Bottom Mount WBE53 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Jen

Jen

Compressor is dead and it’s only 8 weeks old

Purchased in June 2020.

Sri R.

Sri R.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Incompetent product

Had purchased this fridge in Feb 2020 and had broken down in 2 weeks with gas leak. Got a replacement with new stock, which ran for 4 months before becoming dud with same problem again. Have been informed that there is no stock and will get a store credit instead. Stuck in stage 4 lock-down with no fridge and worst possible customer service I have faced. Hope the company revisit this model and provides atleast a viable product for its customers, for the price they are being charged.

Purchased in February 2020 at Harvey Norman.

ia a.

ia a.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I should have read the reviews first!!

Avoid avoid avoid.
Bought this fridge at the end 2019 and by April it had broken down.
Was issued a loan fridge and waited a further 2 months for a replacement to become available.
When we had enough of waiting we were told by Electrolux that we were not eligible for a refund. After reading up on my consumer rights and calling them again, my right to a refund was not refused.

Note - fridge was purchased at Harvey Norman and their customer service was abysmal.

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,350.00.

krishan

krishanSydney, NSW

Worst purchase of my life

iwantmyhouseSydney, NSW

Stay away

We purchased this fridge in early March, 3 weeks later the compressor broke. Electrolux replaced with a loan fridge and we received a replacement in mid April. That is now also broken, compressor again. Going to another brand

Purchased in March 2020.

iwantmyhouse

Hi Linda, Thanks and I have spoken to the customer service team a few times, they have been great. Unfortunately it is just a dud fridge.

Blondie26984

Blondie26984South-Eastern Region, NSW

Don't Buy!!

This is the loudest fridge I've ever owned. I purchased it in november 19 and it progressively got louder and louder to the point it would wake my kids during the night (I've got video proof) our local betta team have been great and got the repair guy out immediately but due to Covid-19 we are still waiting for parts to hopefully fix this noisy fridge.
Also the shelves are incredibly flimsy. We are a family of 4 (2a 2k) and after a weekly shop ll shelves bend so you can't get stuff in and out unless you unpack the shelf above. Westinghouse customer service said "you must buy too much fresh fruit and veg and perhaps need to shop 2 times a week" What???

Purchased in November 2019 at Betta Home Living for $1,569.00.

Behrooz B.

Behrooz B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Brokedown after few months

I bought this fridge less than five months ago and it has already breakdown. The freezer has stopped cooling. I have lost all my food!! In all my life of owning fridges, this has never happened before! I have contact customer support and asked them to send someone as an emergency issue but nobody contacts me yet !!

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman.

GeorginaPSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY- TERRIBLE ITEM

Purchased in February 2020 at Appliances Online for $1,178.00.

Veronica

VeronicaSydney

Fridge that doesn't cool is not cool

Purchased in June 2016 at Bing Lee.

Sue

SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Two year lifespan

Our Westinghouse Bottom Mount Fridge was working really well for us until it stopped cooling in the fridge section a month outside the 2 year warranty. The service company recommended by the Company could not fix the problem after call out fees, labour and parts.

Purchased in December 2017 at Joyce Mayne Physical store for $1,099.00.

Firas ZainGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fridge stops cooling and freezing after one month of being in use!

We were very happy with the fridge, however, after a month of using this fridge, it has stopped cooling and freezing. We are disappointed since no one has contact us back!

Purchased in January 2020 at The Good Guys.

Hi Linda,
I sent you an email and I have no response. This is the foutlrth day with out a functional fridge!
Can you assist?

Kate

KateWestern District, VIC

Bought in an emergency and been going gang-busters ever since!

Purchased in May 2017 at Bi-Rite Home Appliances for $1,290.00.

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

NOT Frost Free - needs monthly defrosting

We need to defrost the freezer every month or two. The ice builds up to the point the vents get blocked and the tops of shelves have a line of thick ice on them. We had a repairman from Westinghouse come out and he told us the ice build-up was because we had extra ice trays in the freezer.

The freezer drawers are also not designed to be removed. This makes defrosting and cleaning very difficult. The top drawer's clip is now broken after we have removed it twice (using the technique demonstrated to us by the technician.)

The original fridge they delivered also lacked gas so they had to replace the whole unit as it never cooled.

Overall, very unimpressed - would not buy a Westinghouse again.

Purchased in January 2019 at Home Clearance.

May Flower

May FlowerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Door Handle keeps breaking, Noisy

I would not recommend this fridge as the door handle of the fridge keeps breaking and already been replaced twice. Cheap plastic handle and Westinghouse cannot provide a better solution. I am surprised how they can overlook such a critical component (door handle) that's used so many times a day. Very much frustrated with the claim handling process and they don't even have a record of replacement parts and not willing to help anymore and blaming the misuse on our part.

Purchased in November 2017.

Svetlana

Svetlana

Beautiful fridge, just the right size

Firstly I like the size of this fridge, it isn't too deep for my little short arms to get to the back of the fridge to wipe down. I like the spill free shelf design, if anything leeks it doesn't spread to the other lower shelves. I love the wine shelf, I use it for bottles of water, so much more convenient to get a bottle out and you can see how many you have at a glance. I don't like the height of the medicine keeper you can't fit a large bottle kiddies Panadol or Nurofen in the keeper. I like the vegetable draw and all the draws of the freezer, so much better than wire baskets. No wire baskets for food to wrap around making it impossible to remove without defrosting. Easy to clean inside and out and a very good looking fridge.

Purchased in January 2018 at Appliances Online for $1,161.00.

robert314

robert314Sydney NSW

Much noisier than I expected

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Gaurav

GauravPerth

Perfect and comfortable to use

hugh space, good cooling, available in different range options.
it uses less electric bills,
It has lot of space available, and good storage system.
Easy to open and close. The best I like is it have variety of compartments with different size and facility
also it have separate box compartments for vegetables and double door.
Freeze box is lower side, so you dont have to bend frequently unless needed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Kelly Pasked

528L Bottom Mount WBE53 Series

I’ve had my fridge for two weeks and the freezer is no longer working. Freezer display inside door is flashing and I can’t stop it. The alarm has finally turned off. No offer to troubleshoot over phone when I rang and now I can’t get anybody out to check it for days yet. Not impressed.

Anthony K

I contacted Westinghouse directly and they sent a tech, who said to go to the store I purchased it from (Harvey Norman). they arrange for a new Fridge to be delivered as it was within 30 days. Check with the store you purchased it from first and may be a bit quicker . As this process took me 3 weeks and only after chasing it with Westinghouse. Nearly missed the 30 day cut off for a replacement. My replacement is working well.

Kelly P

Thanks I’m going to go back there tomorrow!

Julie

Julieasked

528L Bottom Mount WBE53 Series

My wbe5300 started beeping last night it is only 6 months old. I could not see anything wrong the doors were secure. This morning it is making a slight hissing noise and the food in the freezer is thawing. Also the temperature bar for the freezer is flashing. What can I do?

Hi Julie,
Zaida from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your 528L Bottom Mount Westinghouse fridge.
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised.
If you wish to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida Ticket Number 1721833.
Zaida

Geoffrey Quesnel

Geoffrey Quesnelasked

528L Bottom Mount WBE5300SC (Stainless Steel)

I have just purchased a westinghouse 530l bottom mount fridge and cannot fit the bottom shelf on the door.
my two shelves are identical but it looks like the bottom shelf should be different. can you please advise.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 5 Westinghouse 528L Bottom Mount WBE53 Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $2,199.00$2,099.00$1,949.00$2,249.00
Dimensions 1725 x 796 x 723 mm1725 x 796 x 723 mm1725 x 796 x 723 mm1725 x 796 x 769 mm
Energy Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Household Size 5+ people5+ people5+ people5+ people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishDark Stainless SteelStainless SteelWhiteDark Stainless Steel
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessedExternal
Smart Fridge NoNoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves3333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins1111
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity