Westinghouse WFE946

This oven is dangerous. Do not use!

Ok, so we have had this oven for 2 yrs now. It is hopeless. The cook top cooks roasting hot on setting 3. An hour later it won't heat up on setting 9.. The oven turns itself on & of as it pleases. Many a roast dinner has been ruined because of this. Tonight the cook top turned itself on , by itself with no one around it, when there was no one in the kitchen. A used pan with oil, left over food, etc in it was on the cook top. The pot caught on fire... Thank god for smoke alarms. Ohh, & don't bother calling customer service about this oven. Last year when I rang I was told in no uncertain terms by their wonderful customer service lady that "It's just a sensitive oven. You obviously don't know how to ue it. You have to learn how to use it the right way.." I'm not sorry for saying this Westinghouse, but this product, & your back up service is an absolute disgrace. It will kill someone one day. I will never again buy one of your products, & a lot have people have been told about your company... I am considering a class action against you company for this product seeing the other reviews out there. Don't answer this with a 'We are sorry to here this. Please contact blah blah blah with your complaint & we will address this with you." That is a crap answer. Message me directly & actually do something about it before your rubbish, dangerous product kills someone.

Purchased in August 2017.

Safety
Product is used: Daily
Hi Grant V, Zaida from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about your appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact us at customercare@electrolux.com.au reference ticket 1012107. Thanks.

Bad design

I purchased my stove a month ago and decided to wait a little while before reviewing,I can’t say I’m overly impressed by this design, every time we are using the hot plates and also have the oven going, we have issues with the oven constantly turning off as we are leaning over it to cook on the stove. The front panel for the oven is that sensitive it shuts off if you lean against it when cooking on the cook top which to me is bad design! I can’t complain against anything else though as happy with the way the oven cooks and the stovetop. I have had more expensive stoves and this one is good value for the money. Just poor design features.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,800.00.

Product is used: Daily

Glass on cooktop cracked when cooking

Have had issues with the cooktop and not turning on all the time. Then worse the glass on the front element simply cracked when it was in use which was shocking to say the least. The crack then run to the back one as well. Not impressed with this model and not sure I would buy another Westinghouse cooker again.

Purchased in March 2016 at Harvey Norman.

Product is used: Weekly
Hi Denise from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your cooktop We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with cooktop If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Denise ticket 902179 Thanks Denise

Cook top is TERRIBLE

Oven is great. Cook top drives us nuts! Once you get the element to the temperature you want it, you cannot reduce heat down or it stops working. We've had an electrian out twice at our own cost & he says there's nothing wrong with it. He's wrong! Grrrrrr

Purchased in August 2014 at Harvey Norman for $2,000.00.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is used: Several times a week

it's made a chef out of me

We've had it 4 months and I am a happy camper. The cooktop controls are unfortunately slightly off centre which took a few weeks of cursing but since we figured that one out it's been a breeze. Everything seems to cook better. I think it keeps the temperature more consistent? I've had another recent comparable 900 electric oven, but this seems a standard deviation above it. The controls are as simple as they need to be and I think for someone as invested as I am in ovens (not!), it's quite intuitive. I'm pleasantly surprised how well it's performed because after weeks of fruitless online research comparing models and really being no wiser for it, I took a punt and had expected there to be no material difference between a bottom rung made in china oven and this westinghouse/electrolux model. I hope it gives us many years of service.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Happy camper

I would have loved an induction cooker this size but they were so over the top in price I went for the ceramic which I was used to in any case. If you're not to sloppy and clean regularly the top is easy to look after. I love the width of the oven as it maximises what's available and just looks so good with no knobs or buttons. Can be a little sensitive to touch and sometimes turns on/off too easily and often need a firm press on controls with dry fingers but otherwise thumbs up.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Terrible Oven. Nothing but trouble!

Well, I'm not sure where to start. The cook top is super sensitive. One bit of water on it & it shuts down. Wipe it over & it shuts down. Then it's permanently locked when turned on. Thankfully it unlocks. I've lost count of ruined dinners from it turning itself off.
The cook top is far better that the oven. The oven is shocking. Alarms go off for no reason. Open the door & it shuts down. Actually, it shuts itself off whenever it feels like it. Bye Bye Xmas lunch! Now it's shut itself down into SAFE mode that can apparently be reset by pressing & holding the function button. Not so, well, not for mine anyway. It's still in safe mode. If I could give this oven zero stars I would. I absolutely hate it & will never purchase another Westinghouse product again.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi J.H, Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda. Thanks

Poor product

Had this oven less than a year had it repaired 3 times due to steam getting into front digital controls for oven sending it crazy. Had it sealed first then front panel replaced and now Westinghouse are replacing the stove. One can only hope the front controls are properly sealed now but only time will tell. Just glad I got the extended warranty I think I might be needing it!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Awesome service

When things go wrong you see how good a manufacturer is. Recently our 3 year old oven developed a problem and the efforts of their tech that came to fix it was nothing short of spectacular. His patience, perseverance and professionalism was something any employer would be very proud of. Up until the problem and since being repaired the product has been fantastic and a great buying experience. I highly recommend Westinghouse and will put them at the top of my list for future purchases.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Excellent oven that hasn't missed a beat.

We wanted an electric 90cm oven and hob in an all-in-one as our property doesn't have gas. Knowing that the brand was a good choice and reviews seem positive we took the plunge and opted for this one. It's been fantastic. Cooks evenly in the oven and has plenty of modes for selecting based upon your chosen meal. The oven has a "Fast Heat Up" option if you're in a hurry. The hob heats very quickly and has heaps of space for lots of pots and pans.
We've hosten heaps of dinners for 10+ people and this oven has never missed a beat.
One word of caution - its heavy!

Date PurchasedJun 2015

❤️ my new oven

It's ability to cook the food efficiently and it doesn't dry anything out. ❤️ the fact that it is touch screen and the ease to clean it is amazing. it's so spacious so you can cook more than one or two meals at a time and it's cooked evenly. ❤️ the built in timer and pause buttons.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Had trouble with 2 of these

We bought this in April 2016. The cook top is fine and operates as it should but the oven doesn't. When the door is opened while cooking the alarms go crazy and the display flickers on and off. Sometimes it shuts down totally and other times goes into SAFE mode. The function has to be reset each time. To my untrained eye it looks like the steam builds up in the oven and then when the door is opened it causes the display to go nuts. Electrolux replaced the first unit after 1.5 years of trying to repair it, with a new unit. Unfortunately the 2nd unit is now doing exactly the same. I'm starting to feel that it is a waste of $2,500. Love the look of it and when it works it works really well. It bakes evenly also. Just need to be able to cook continuously without alarms and being frightened out of my wits.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Electrolux have now organised a store credit with Harvey Norman so we are able to replace the oven. I have to say that all the customer service reps that I have spoken with over the last 1.5 years have been fantastic, genuine and helpful. Can't fault the customer service experience.

Dream oven.....nightmare cooktop

Cook top is so bad that it stops cooking or burns things. It is so bad that I had it checked by a service man but it was not faulty. Grrr. I know a lot of people with ceramic tops that don't have my issues. Going to replace it I hate it that much.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Great looking and very easy to use and keep clean.

Very happy with functionality of oven. Easy to use. Love that the oven doors don't get hot - Great feature when children are in the kitchen. Love the look of it and the ease of cleaning the ceramic top. It also serves as another surface in my small kitchen when I'm preparing food. Would love it even better if it was an induction cooktop! As a bonus it even has a really useful storage area in the bottom!

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Amazing product

This product is amazing, I can't fault anything so far.
It cooks my cakes and roasts perfectly.

The ceramic top can look a little smudgy and will need a ceramic cooktop cleaner that can be bought at local supermarket....it looks like new everytime once cleaned...

I would recommend to all family and friends

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Worst purchase ever!!

If you're considering buying this cooker...DON'T!!! I've had mine for 6 months...worked okay for 2 weeks and then started turning off for no good reason...beeped at me...then turned off....and would not go back on! The 'H' came on to show that the top was hot...and that was it...nothing!!
Rang the service centre...it was suggested that I had the timer on...I bumped something...every excuse under the sun...except that the heap of junk had stopped working. Gave me the number of the local service guy...they said they'd call back...they didn't...rang the service centre again and threatened fair trading...finally got a service guy here. He didn't even look at it...just said...'needs a new main board...we'll order one in'...and left. We were told that my husband would need to be here because he couldn't lift the stove out on his own...bit difficult when we both work...and a service call on a Saturday was out of the question. The service guy has messaged quite a few times to come and fix it...but has said that my husband will have to be here to help with the lift...that isn't going to happen because he can't take time off from work...especially when the service guy doesn't arrive when he says he will!
So now I have a big chunk of stainless steel junk in my kitchen...it looks beautiful...would be great if it worked!!
I'll be ringing tomorrow...again...and if I get no satisfaction...then off to fair trading I go...biggest waste of $2700 ever!!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Terrible after purchase service

Don't purchase Elextrolux or Westinghouse, do yourself a favour. Nothing but trouble with this oven and the pathetic customer service isn't any better. Purchased 3 years ago, have had several repairs in the meantime, one of which was glass shattering for no reason. One of the repairs they even made us pay because the technician twisted it and said it was our fault which is absolute rubbish. Now it is out of warranty, the stainless steel is discoloured, the inside has rust on it. We use water and dish soap to clean and this pathetic oven can't seem to handle it. The customer service rep said we need to pay to have someone come out because it's out of warranty. How can you think it's normal for an oven to rust after 3 years. What a joke. I'll be calling Fair Trading to see what my rights are because they simply don't care. Don't waste your money on this brand and Electrolux because if something goes wrong, and it will, you'll be kicking yourself because their technicians are trained to make you pay and not repair under warranty. Good luck.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014
Hi Sam A, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the WFE956SA. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, RumanaHi Rumana, I don't see a point in doing this to get the same response. When I told the person on the phone that I'll be checking with Fair Trading if this should be repaired or replaced under consumer law, the lady just said "yeah no worries" in a condescending way. Also said that because it's outside warranty, if it was to be fixed, it'll be good will not anything else. That's not how you treat customers who spend thousands and get nothing. Will you be telling me something different or more of the same?I find it interesting that you never replied to my response to you. Is it because you have to try and make it look like you are willing to help your customers? Proof is in the pudding, not in the talk. In this case it's in the pudding made in a cheaply made rusty and delaminating oven made by Westinghouse. Again, based on my experience, I recommend everyone reading this to look at any other brand. Customer service is worth more than you think.

Nothing but trouble

Purchased mid 2013, had 3 repairs done in the first 2 years under warranty now it is 3 years old the oven keeps switching off cannot cook properly got in touch with Westinghouse/Electrolux and was told in so many words BAD LUCK $2500.00 down the drain. I wanted to Buy Australian now I have regrets.

Date PurchasedMay 2013
Hi Peter Graham, Sally from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the upright range. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Sally. Thanks SallyWestinghouse have since repaired this problem

Controls on ceramic top intermittent.

CONS We had to run two separate power cables one to the oven and one to the ceramic top. Plus beef up the fuse box$$$, the main concern is how much the ceramic top is rated for. It needed a cable the same size as what comes to the house fitted which Had to coil up into the wall as it was really thick and couldn't flex enough behind the stove. Wish the department store (HN) had explained what extra power needs were required. The electrician was shocked at the high KW s .Also the controls on the ceramic top are very intermittent. Very annoying when something starts to boil and you try to bring down the heat with no response on the arrows. Also you can't see the oven display completely when standing ie you need to bend down to see if the grill bar is selected.Blue protection wrapping on stainless was a nightmare to remove as it went between the joins of the panels.The included back small stainless spashback is not fingerprint proof which is a let down as this is were the most oil etc sticks to when cooking and wiping it leaves streaks Kick Panel is the same.
PROS Easy to clean and the fingerprint proof stainless on front areas is awesome.Cooks really well.Ceramic top seems to clean up well and included scrapper is good.

Everything we expected.

stumbled upon this purchase whilst looking for wall oven, Price reduced to $2200 from $2890 at JB hifi clearence centre, Checked some reviews quickly before deciding to purchase, not many ovens get decent reviews & this one seemed to rate ok, We love it & it works great on all functions, Could not be happier, took extra 4 years giving us 6 years warranty so fingers crossed we never need it.