Westinghouse WLE525WA / WLE527WA / WLE535WA / WLE537WA

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Suz

Suz

In my rental

Note: I didn't buy this product but it was in my rental. I am not sure when my landlord put it in but it seems fairly new. I was worried because its not fan forced and I love to bake. However cakes come out lovely in this and it pre-heats quickly. Grill is bit slow. Stovestop is good. Some plates work better than others but none heat up excessivly like ive seen with other cooktops. Im pretty sure its one of the lower range westinghouse stoves but its pretty good.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Elizabeth Graves

Elizabeth GravesWillunga

This oven is the worst oven I have ever had.

I had the non fan forced model before I got this one as the other model was deemed not suitable for baking cakes. The fan forced model is slightly better but you have to keep turning the cake regularly during cooking otherwise it cooks unevenly. I can't wait till I have enough money to buy another brand.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Con

ConSutherland

Brand New 1 Day Old: Enamel top getting hot like Oven

Just bought a new and got it installed today. After the electrician left just got it started to check, the enamel top gets extremely hot in 15 mins. Customer care says its normal and technician may charge $145 call out fee if its not manufacturing fault. I wonder whose fault is it for a brand new oven 1 day old.
Con

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Ryan Pinner

Ryan Pinner

Perfect to cook on

My favourite features on the Westinghouse oven is the hot plates get really hot easy and cook to the right temperature making my food nice and juicy and lovely to eat I also think of the oven is perfect cooking because I've already cooked roast in it and my roast turned out absolutely perfect

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Suzanne

SuzanneSydney, NSW

Perfect cooking

My top of the range is Westinghouse I have had a few ovens over the past few years which only last for around 4 Year’s compared to my previous Westinghouse which lasted for years.
I have now purchased the Westinghouse and love the way it cooks
Top elements go on fast and when turned off don’t take too long in heating up
Love the grill
Love how easy it is to clean the top and that there are no element trays just one large tray that slides out for easy cleaning
Only thing I don’t like is the oven door with the double glass that has a divide between them which stuff get in and is very hard to clean almost like one glass needs to slide off for cleaning, but that is the only problem
So great cooking and easy cleaning

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Decent oven, well built at a reasonable price

Date PurchasedOct 2017

ColRockhampton

Not Happy

Not Happy. Have a WLE525 stove. Rang helpline, but lady did not seem to understand. Oven set to 220. No hotplates on whatsoever but all hotplates and stovetop heat to 50deg. when oven is on. Lady told me what size saucepans to use on hotplates. Not relevant. Only oven on.

Col

Thank you. I have sent you an email with my details.

Col

Still waiting for your call Catherine

SusanaNorth Queensland, QLD

Exellent!

Love that it heats up quickly. Easy to clean, both inside and outside. The oven's temperature is spot on. I like the big oven space. This is value for money. Good for the budget conscious. It is not fan-forced but it is still ok. The oven cooks evenly. Love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2011
Billando

Billando

Does everything we want well

We live in a small unit and wanted to upgrade the old stand alone unit. We wanted fan forced, easy to clean and control knobs out of reach of grand children.
Can't fault the oven, I like to bake and have cooked many slices and cakes to perfection in this oven. Cooktop coils are easy to clean and cook timer is simple to use.
Grill is also easy to use and clean.
All in all very happy with this purchase

Date PurchasedMar 2017

It's not a good stove top

The hot plates have gone rusty the second time I used it and I can't get them clean . It looks terrible . It was new when we moved into the house . The hot plates take too long to cool down and food starts to burn if I don't take it off the hot plate

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Nicho

NichoSydney

New oven

I recently needed an upgrade of my oven and i have always used Westinghouse. Again i purchased a Westinghouse oven and to be honest im happy with my oven for the price it cooks pretty even, its easy to clean which i really happy with as my last oven was alot harder to clean.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Mia

MiaHunter Region, NSW

Overheating top with no appropriate customer service

The stove looks nice and appears easy to clean, but the top solid elements heat up for so long and take a while to cool down. I noticed INSTANTLY a massive spike in my power bill and the risk of burning as the top enamel heats up to scalding. I rang customer service who advised me I can gamble the $145 call out fee to be advised if this was normal or not. Being a rental my landlord won't care and neither was customer care.
This is not helpful and not safe.

SamGuyra

Poor performance

Okay it's a cheapy but this stove is not even worth the cheap price tag. The hot plates take a good 5 minutes to cool down by this time your food is burnt if you don't remove it from the heat and if you do the food has stopped cooking.
Off to the dump with this one as I wouldn't sell it to anyone else.

Hi Leslie,
Thanks for your response but there is nothing really to discuss because it's the way its designed and nothing can be done to fix it's performance. Sorry that may sound harsh and your products are good but not this one.

Ameera

AmeeraSydney

Okay

Good for the price but not perfect, the cook top don't heat like it should, the oven heat circulation is not so good, you have to be close when baking as it can burn the food. The hot plates changes colour after the first use and turn to yellow immediately.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
percy

percySydney

Great addition to a functional kitchen!

This is a great oven for its price and features - heats food well and the hot plates are effective and easy to clean. Fan force feature speeds up cooking and makes reheating a breeze. Highly recommended, particularly for ease of use, price point and ability to clean. A nice addition to a small, though functional, kitchen.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

JasonM

JasonMSydney, NSW

Fast, efficient, and it looks so good

I purchased this oven for my elderly mother. I needed an appliance which was not too technical to use, but also efficient. It has delivered everything we needed, plus it looks so good! Both the stove top and oven functions are intuitive, fast heating, and easy to clean. I'd have no hesitation in buying one for myself when the time comes.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Kim

KimSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good & does its job

Our new WLE527WA cooker actually replaced an old version of same brand, though this new one has a fan forced oven.
With the many cooks so far, the oven cooks great & food cooks nice & even. The hot plates work well also & am pleased this model has the large hot plate coil ring at the front of the stove, so large pots can be used.
My only very slight negative comment would be the outside of the oven & surroundings of hot plates seem to become hotter than the old model use to, so one must beware.
So far so good & would recommend to anyone wanting a good general overall oven.

nikki b

nikki b

Hot plate heat regulation faulty

Terrible, terrible, terrible,

all four of the stove top elements have stopped regulating heat. This has happened progressively over the last 10 months or so.

I see this is not an uncommon problem. I wonder what the manufacturer has been doing about this identified issue.

Disappointed customer

awaiting a manufacturers response to this issue.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Laurel

LaurelSydney

Great upright Stove!

The cooktop is great, heats up and cools down quickly. The oven bakes brilliantly and evenly, no fan means it takes a little longer to heat up, but its worth it. The oven is well insulated at the front, so its not heating up the entire kitchen when you're cooking. Nice bright light and full glass panels makes it easy to see what your cooking. Cant fault this basic yet great model. Thanks.

Date PurchasedMar 2017