9Westinghouse WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

Westinghouse WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA Questions & Answers

9Westinghouse WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA
Mark
Mark · WSF6602XA (Stainless Steel)

Hi, have Westinghouse WSF6602XA wont finish any cycle, and ends up with start/pause light flashing. Manual says water blockage, it does seem to be pumping water although doesn`t seem to be heating at all. Regards.

philquad

mine did this, they replaced the water pump & circuit board, it worked for a week then stopped again, luckily through harvey norman it was replaced, but with same model , good luck. get onto them pronto

Productuser
Productuser

Check behind and make sure it’s been installed correctly per the instruction manual. Mine did this and the hose had been installed incorrectly

Mark

Its not new, have setup to test, everything connected as it should be, cleaned all filters and every electrical contact.

philquad

there a lemon i hate to say

Mark

Seems you`re right, thankfully it was free, guess I just got rid of someone else`s rubbish for them. Dont think I will bother trying to fix it. Cheers everyone who replied.

Redgum
Redgum · WSF6602XA (Stainless Steel)

Does this model heat cold water as that’s all we have at present? Thanks

shugal01

it needs to be connected to both unless the model you have has completely diiferent instructions

Cheryl
Cheryl · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

I'm having trouble setting the rinse aid amount by following he instructions, it says hold the start/pause and it will blink twice mine is flashing continuously, where does the display show the current settings? then when to hold down the stat button which they don't say to release . By doing this my machine starts

shugal01

Hi Cheryl- have you tried to turning the power off then restarting to help reset the computer which is in the door??

Craig P · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

Hi i purchased the Westinghouse WSF6602WA (White) yesterday after we put it in we opebed the door removed the packaging and checked both Lower & Upper Drawers , the Top draw seems to stay Connected to the Water Inlet which in my opinion should be Fixed to the back of the machine but it just sits there non attached to anything ??? is this a Fault with the machine it seems very strange that the water inlet stays attached uintil the top drawer is half way out then disconnects itself ??? the supplier i purchased from have left me high and dry with it no idea what to do ? Cheers Craig Ph 0493388777

shugal01

Hi Craig- logically speaking the water inlet does not stay attached. I have serious issues with westinghouse/ electrolux, as they do not offer good after sale service, and in my case actually accusing us of damaging the d/washer and cacelled our warranty "on the spot"over the phone with no proof. I would got to the place of purchase first and if not satisfied back track to west/electrolux

Craig P

Been there done that now getting the run around by Electrolux , are you saying the water inlet stays attaced to the top basket and only releases when you pull the top drawer about 3/4s of the way out ? just seems bizarre i have never seen another machine like it in my 62 years

Danielle F.
Danielle F. · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

My dishwasher starts but doesn’t seem to be getting water and then after about 3-4 minutes the machine shuts off and the light on the start/pause button blinks. What could this be and how can I fix it?

chris r.

have you checked the hot and cold water is turned on?

shugal01

The other problem may be the computer.

Craig P

dishwashers only need cold water as they heat the water itself.

gregm
gregm

some dishwashers allow for both, such as the Westinghouse WSF6602WA/XA (rtfm) or in my case, my 20+ year old Westinghouse 921 which is hot water only.

Galina T.
Galina T. · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

Which country manufactures Westinghouse dishwashers?

Tony S.
Tony S. · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

My name is Tony
Hi my dishwasher is stuck in a cycle and will not stop, I have folloed the manual in procedures but it will not turn off

Mike
Mike

turn the gpo power supply off for 10 minutes then turn it back on again

unplug unit from wall socket for 5 minutes and try again

shugal01

There have been a lot of computer issues with this d/washer-call customer service

Nicole S.
Nicole S. · WSF6602WA (White)

We keep getting an error if insufficient water. Have tried everything. Has anyine got any ideas please?

Westinghouse
Westinghouse   DM

Hi Nicole S, Tania from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse dishwasher.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Please be sure to list the reference number 5006501 in the subject line of the email.
Thanks, Tania

Jenni Jones · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

what cycle dries the dishes???

ljhgjydogo
ljhgjydogo

I just read the instruction manual, as it was installed today, it appears it only dries on longer cycles.

Jenni Jones

This question was posted 4 months ago!

OldHarry · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

In what country is the Westinghouse WSF6602XA dishwasher built?

drew76
drew76

Turkey. All of the new Westinghouse machines are rebadged items made by a company called Vestel who specialise in lower end products for other companies to put a label on. Bit of a worry when Electrolux who are quite good at making dishwashers can’t even use their own products for the Australian market anymore. Only know as I’m researching a new machine. They seem to have just started doing it with Dishlex too. Very disappointing. The Electrolux made gear was good for the $$$. Vestel stuff isn’t held in high regard. Guess they thought nobody would notice. Wrong!

Charles A.
Charles A.

I am about to find out....

OldHarry

drew76, thanks for that info.
I bought a Bosch dishwasher four or five years back. That too was made in Turkey, and it only just outlasted the two year warranty. The service tech told me the Turkish-built ones were just not worth fixing... I think I'll look at something other than this Westinghouse, in case it comes from the same factory.

chris r.

Electrolux are more interested in buying up companies, than fixing their own.. I found Miele are the best in vacuums and washing appliances.

Nick
Nick · WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA

Hi just purchased the wsf6602xa 3 days ago and when opening the door it makes a creeking sound it is not ideal on a brand new item ?

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Select a listing for your question
Westinghouse WSF6602WA / WSF6602XA